Survey Hints That Assassin's Creed 3 Will Be Awesome

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Okay, this sucks... Tried to enter the survey, and when I pick 'United States of America', I eventually have to indicate which area of the UK I live in. But if I enter 'UK', I skip right into the survey proper, and after I complete the entirety of the questionaire, THEN I have to choose which area of the UK I'm in. ::sigh::

My choices:
- New Assassin/Location/Era
- Enhanced Eagle Vision (guard patrol routes, interogation, complex navigation)
- District by District expansion versus Templars

Some of the above would require a few caveats... The guards would have to be exceptionally dense, and REQUIRE more forethought and planning to infiltrate than AC2 or even AC:B, if Eagle Vision will be needed to help map their routes. And the District expansion should be ongoing... meaning that later on in the game, you'll have to return to help stem the tide of Templar infiltrators attempting to retake the region. (inFamous' system was cool, but Assassin's Creed should have a bit more 'life' to it)

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
The fact that they put in "7) A continuation of Ezio's story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy" tells me they might milk this franchise for all it's worth before they end the story. I don't want another Ezio story, and I'm not even sure I want another major assassin. I'd like to end Desmond's story with the modern-day templars.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
The story do far in assassins creed has been the best thing since sliced bread. It can only get better after seeing the end of brotherhood.

The truth makes the story even better to i hope they dont take that out or anything.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
i said it before and ill say it again...

new assassin in he late 1800s early 1900s where we get help from fellow assassin Thomas Edison and use gadgets hes made to combat the evil Templar Nikola Tesla and save the country/world from his evil doomsday weapon powered by a brand new piece of Edan.

I DEMAND it Ubisoft! make my ideas come to life!

Edit: also a good place to have a primitive Taser type weapon! to take out guards quietly.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
SextusMaximus said:
To sum this up in 8 words...

I need to clean up in the bathroom.
Why were you browsing the escapist in a bathroom?
I have legs that I would use to walk to the bathroom in order to clean myself up.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
ZeoAssassin said:

new assassin in he late 1800s early 1900s where we get help from fellow assassin Thomas Edison and use gadgets hes made to combat the evil Templar Nikola Tesla and save the country/world from his evil doomsday weapon powered by a brand new piece of Edan.

Edit: also a good place to have a primitive Taser type weapon! to take out guards quietly.
actually Thomas Edison was a templar, and Nikola Tesla was neutral, he was simply hired by the assassin's to try to blow up a POE, sadly, it failed and got shot into space and onto the moon(according to AC, the Apollo Moon landing was really a search effort for that Piece of Eden) . also if you read the backstory you'd know that thomas edison and the templars actually was trying to give Tesla a bad reputation because he wanted to give out free electricity, but that was going to cut into the templar profit.

P.S. Am I the only one that thinks Abstergo is Ubisoft's take on Microsoft/Google/Apple/other massive technology company

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
Josh12345 said:
ZeoAssassin said:

actually Thomas Edison was a templar, and Nikola Tesla was neutral, he was simply hired by the assassin's to try to blow up a POE, sadly, it failed and got shot into space and onto the moon(according to AC, the Apollo Moon landing was really a search effort for that Piece of Eden) . also if you read the backstory you'd know that thomas edison and the templars actually was trying to give Tesla a bad reputation because he wanted to give out free electricity, but that was going to cut into the templar profit.

P.S. Am I the only one that thinks Abstergo is Ubisoft's take on Microsoft/Google/Apple/other massive technology company
you know a remember some of that from the subject16 stuff in AC2 but i couldn't remember which inventor was aligned with which side of the war....still would be a sick time period to go to in AC3 though.

CoffeeOfDoom

Jun 3, 2009
ZeoAssassin said:
Erm, Thomas Edison was the templar, and Nikola Tesla was affiliated with the assassins.

Edit: Damn it, ninja'd!

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
6 and 5 are a good start. 2 without being able to see the patrol paths and pretty much keep the formula the same. but to be honest, I want to wrap the story up for desmond. Im tired of him getting a few meaningless moments of combat and free running, I want him to actually finish things off; killing vidic would be cool too

also, I want to know if he's gonna go crazy or not. Dissociative identity disorder wouldnt be bad. can you imagine the kind of conversations Ezio and Altair would have? y'know, assuming they all speak english

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
CoffeeOfDoom said:
ZeoAssassin said:
Erm, Thomas Edison was the templar, and Nikola Tesla was affiliated with the assassins.

Edit: Damn it, ninja'd!
wow, this is the 1st time I've ninja'd someone, and on that topic, Ninja's Creed would be a badass spin-off to this

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
SextusMaximus said:
Rusty Bucket said:
SextusMaximus said:
To sum this up in 8 words...

I need to clean up in the bathroom.
Why were you browsing the escapist in a bathroom?
I have legs that I would use to walk to the bathroom in order to clean myself up.
Ah, I misread. Thought you meant you made a mess in the bathroom. Apologies.

Apr 28, 2008
RobCoxxy said:
ANYONE BUT FUCKING EZIO AND FUCKING ITALY AGAIN
Yeah. This is what I would really like to happen.

The AC series can potentially go into any time period(up to 2012), so why keep visiting the same guy/place over and over again?

I for one would love to see something in Ancient China.

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
OK: So I decided to take the survey because I thought it would be interesting to make a few suggestions. After outlining that I distinctly wasn't from any of the listed countries (I live in Australia), it then asked me what UK region I live in. Can someone please explain to me how this is supposed to work? I just chose London, not that it mattered; apparantly I'm not in their target demographic. I'm somewhat offended by the short-sightedness of it all.

At any rate, at least the plausible new features listed look interesting, and will more than likely make it into the next game without my personal imput. I look forward to more updates.

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
ZeoAssassin said:

you do realize in the truth they made many hints to tesla being a good assassin/genius and edision being a templar who slandered him and stole his work/ideas, right? also, take out the bits about assassin's and templars and that is mostly historically accurate.

edit: fucking ninja'd

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
@Silver...

yeah yeah that's the 3rd time people corrected me i know about the Truth thing from AC2 i just mixed Edison and Tesla up is all =p

either way i would still LOVE to go to that time period

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
As much as I love Ezio, his story needs to fucking end. I'm ready for a new assassin, in a new time period.

Personally, I'm hoping for a modern day London.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Not the demographic, eh? I'd be interested to know exactly what this demographic is...

In any case, I'd like to see some offline co-op, actually (as well as a new location etc). I don't play online multiplayer, and I'm totally sick of games neglecting offline multiplayer/co-op. There are still some of us out here that like to play with someone sitting next to them, and who can't afford the necessary internet to run online gaming! =S.

/rant

ZeoAssassin said:
...we get help from fellow assassin Thomas Edison and use gadgets hes made to combat the evil Templar Nikola Tesla...
Except that Edison was kind of an asshole, and he totally screwed Tesla over after Tesla worked hard for him...I can't play as a hero assassin who was an asshole in real life... =(