Swine Flu: Did you catch it?

Raivyn

Sep 2, 2006
I probably had it since i did get flu before it was on the news and then after it had calmed down a bit, both cases had exactly the same symptoms as swine flu.

Swine Flu was just overhyped by the media just as many things are nowadays; Even scientists said it wasn't actually that bad.

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
I had it, normal flu was worse for me thought. and it relly din't care for the shot.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Raivyn said:
I probably had it since i did get flu before it was on the news and then after it had calmed down a bit, both cases had exactly the same symptoms as swine flu.

Swine Flu was just overhyped by the media just as many things are nowadays; Even scientists said it wasn't actually that bad.
holy hell, i managed to log onto someone elses account without realising it.

Squaseghost

Jan 25, 2010
I didn't take any shots, and got the virus. It hit me fast and hard, real High fever. I had to stay in my dorm for hours on end, but I got over it in seriously like two days.

Blogg10

Jul 2, 2009
OnyxLion said:
i had it but not as bad as many, the hardest thing about it was being locked in a room for 5 days.
Somehow, Trainspotting leapt to mind.

I might have swine flu now. Although, due to the streak of PURE FKIN VICIOUSNESS in my soul, although I actually felt like death this morning, I dragged myself out of bed and up to college regardless of the fact that I can take a day off if I like- just to infect as many people as possible. Booyah!

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Yeah I got it, while down in South America. Had to turn in a logo for some event, so I eventually had to pull my dead body 2km to the nearest internet cafe.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I'm not sure, but I was off school for 1 week and missed out a week of my holiday due to a virus I had, with symptoms similar to that of the Flu.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'm not sure.

I had a bad flu, that fit the description, but it might have been just of the seasonal variety.

Felt like I was dying, the worst flu I've ever had.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
No piggy flu or shot for me. One of my friends did though, bedridden for a week apparently.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
This is such bulls***. The swine flu is about as deadly as the bird flu...in other words, barely deadly. Influenza, which is nowadays called the common flu since we're all immune to it, killed more people than both of these flus combined when it first came out. Oi, I hate hearing anything that has to do with either of these flus.

Jiggabyte

Dec 19, 2009
No.
My brother got the flu in December, but the regular kind.
All I did was wash my hands more, really. Then again, I do that through every flu season. I don't really care what animal it's from, I'd rather not have the flu.
Pigfluenza was far too hyped. [/a firm grasp of the obvious]

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
No. I work in a dorm and since the nature of these places is such that disease spreads quickly, I decided to get vaccinated at one of the free on-campus clinics.

My arm was pretty useless the day after though.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
Never got the shot, never got the flu. I haven't had the flu in about 15 years so I generally don't worry about it. Throat illness is the way I roll. You ain't cool until you've had strep throat and bronchitis at the same time.

I have a friend that got it though, and she was laid up in bed for the weekend but back to class on Monday so I guess hers wasn't too bad. She's the only person I know to get it and none of my friends got the shot so maybe I just hang out with a bunch of folks with hearty immune systems.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I didn't catch the flu, and I don't think I would've gotten it even if I hadn't taken the shot.

But I had to take it due to the school getting all loony about it...

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
no I didn't get it, and my dad pretty much forced me to take the shot. I feel fine, but I have this strange hair growing on my eyeballs...