switching to pc gaming

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Bradfucius said:
I would take a whiny ten year old on Xbox Live over a PC elitist any day. I can forgive a ten year old more because he's a 10 year old. A grown man who has delusions that he's part of a master race because he paid $300 extra to play Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing is just ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with PC gaming, you're just not special.
okay that's not why I'm switching sides (like they're sides)

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
allright i tried downloading batman AA on steam and when i try playing it, it says preparing to play and then................Nothing! *gasp!*

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Pros: Better games from all sorts of sources, whether it's Total War, Europa Universalis, or indie games like Mount&Blade. The entire open-source game community on Sourceforge. Better hardware---compare Oblivion on a high-end PC (especially with Qarl's Texture Pack installed) vs. Oblivion on the 360 or PS3.

Cons: A ***** to get working properly, full of frustrated Googling when a game won't work well with your specific rig's configuration. DRM nightmares. Console 'tards ruining the PC gamer experience by getting all the attention on multi-platform games that get dumbed down because they're not smart enough to handle the games the PC master race plays (for those whose sarcasm filter is broken, this is sarcasm, Yahtzee style.)

Overall, though, of my top 20 games of all-time, every single one is a PC game (some are multiplatform but in every case the PC version is by far the best version.) Final Fantasy VI ranks 21st.

Teirce

Jul 28, 2009
odubya23 said:
Pros: Awesome games! The pride of being computer literate. Never having to pay for music again, ever!
Cons: Having to listen to consoletards talk about how their gamepad is better that your mouse/keyboard combo. Like four-to-six digits somehow can compete with two whole hands.
I'm sorry, but I have to say it.

THIS.

I have friends that will come over to play CoD4 and plug their 360 controllers into my computer, and get stomped. It's pretty funny, actually.

Yay free music!

Cap'n Haddock

Jul 28, 2009
aimhellfire said:
Cap said:
aimhellfire said:
I have a above average computer for the first time in my life, and am thinking of forgetting about xbox for the most part and just playing games on the pc. What are some of the pros and cons of pc gaming?
Buy a Mac, load bootcamp on it, put steam on it, you can play Left 4 Dead and TF2 with no problem. It runs Crysis very well, and you can play QUAKE LIVE(!!!) on your browser in either windows mode or mac mode.

THERE ARE NO CONS.

DIABLO 3 AND STARCRAFT 2 ARE COMING OUT FOR MAC AND PC, NOT ANY CONSOLES.
Oh are you sure, there seem to be alot of games that dont work on mac's
Every Blizzard game works on PC and Mac, and Blizzard has no plans to change that; and if you want to play something that doesn't work for the Mac (Fallout 3, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, any Steam Game), just use bootcamp to play it.
I have 2 friends who alternate between Bootcamp and Mac OS and they get great fps on macbooks (not macbook pros), though you definitely need to get a mouse and a good place to sit and play.