Table top gaming

Justin Gooch

Feb 16, 2011
Where i'm from it's not a huge community of gamers, but the people who do table top, really know eachother. I've been playing warmachine off and on for a while now, I was really just curious to see how many people play some type of table top game, whether it be a d20, d6, d10 role playing pen and paper game, to something like warhammer or 40k or warmachine.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I play Gamma World. The group's only level 3, but my moment of awesome was when my character, a sentient six-foot cockroach, charged into battle on a hoverbike with a lightsaber and I rolled a natural 20, killing a mutated bird in one hit.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Hi, my name is Joshua, and I'm a Heroscape addict.

Unfortunately, the game was discontinued, and now pieces can get ridiculously expensive. My friends and I have taken to creating our own characters from Heroclix figures.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Warmachine is a great game, I love it. I've just got the Circle Orboros battlegroup, but I have a lot of fun with it.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I play both D&D (4th edition sadly... used to play 3.5 but switched) and Vampire the Masquerade with two different groups. The D&D group is a non-serious shits and giggles type group whereas my Vampires group actually role plays (I'm a Malkavian. It's fun being crazy)

I used to play Shadowrun with my D&D group, but we went to 4th Ed. D&D after the DM killed us all with ghouls.

May start playing the Star Wars table top soon though.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
When I'm at university, I usually play some D&D 3.5 and DM Call Of Cthulhu. There's also some other groups I've taken part in such as Dark Heresy and Mutants And Masterminds, but I'm uncertain if they'll continue when I get back.

McPulse

Mar 23, 2011
I DM a small, 4 player campaign and play Necrons in 40K

EDIT: Also, I made up a homebrew system which is still in beta. If you want to take a look, it's here http://www.mediafire.com/?0uv86x86weix2

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
I play tabletop games occasionally, if someone invites me to play or something. I find that I get stressed out if I play them for too long.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
My spouse and I play Pathfinder (D&D 3.75 - see paizo.com for details) all the time. We love D&D - even if we aren't using a D&D world.

Currently running a sci-fi game using Pathfinder rules. ^^ Tons of fun.

To be clear, we run games just for one another (my spouse and I) and we also participate in a larger game group, where one or the other of us often run games as GM.

We've both been playing since 2E. We've played 4E, and while it's fun, we prefer the flexibility of the 3.5 / Pathfinder ruleset.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I am a DM for a 3.5 ed Forgotten Realms group set pre-Spellplauge. We are light on rules, and value fun above all else

My Group has
A CG blaster-caster Sorcerer Moon Elf
A LG Half Elf Fighter/Weapons Master (Bastard Sword)
A LG Human Wizard(General magic)/Elderich Knight
A LG Human Paladin (Katana user)
A LN Aasimar Monk (Unarmed. Has a high damage output)
A TN Tiefling Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker
A CN Wood Elf Ranger (Ranged Style)
A NG Human Cleric (Healing and Good domains)

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I've been wanting to get back into pen-and-paper tabletop games. I used to play D&D a lot. I really want to try out Vampire the Masquerade. Anyone in New York want to start a group?

SirNerd

May 3, 2010
My friends have a 3.5 epic level campaign going (Started at level 20 to see how bad we could bend the rules) as well as a horror based Pathfinder campaign as well at level 4.

My friend also has a Mageknights collection that we break out to pass the time.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Never done a table top game, but damn it, I'd love to.

The problem is, I just don't know a single person who'd be into it. And I hate meeting new people. Also, working 2 jobs 7 days a week doesn't lend a ton of free time.

I really wish I'd have gotten into it when I was younger.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
I used to travel all over the world to play D&D at competitions (where every team runs through the same brutal scenarios, over several elimination rounds, etc).

Nowadays, I just play with my friends ...
I'm still one of the best numbercrunchers in the world, though .. so much so I consider the entire "character optimization board" to be full of n00bs.

Oh, and I play just about every game out there .. but I prefer games that are mathematically solid, rather than imbalanced games (as much fun as I have with white wolf products, it's impossible to play them competitively).

Justin Gooch

Feb 16, 2011
My friends and I are about to start a mini six game, think mutants and masterminds, it's an open d6 rule set, if you enjoy mutants and masterminds, just google minisix, and it's done by antipaladin games, really good rule set I think. We used to do a game we called biggleeboops, and it was a level 20 3.5 game, it was always a one off, but basically, start at level 20 with the gold that you would have at that level as well, and stats we had a certain set but can't remember.

Enigmers said:
Warmachine is a great game, I love it. I've just got the Circle Orboros battlegroup, but I have a lot of fun with it.
Just sold my orboros to my brother, but I also hadn't played since before the new rule set came out, but once I get a steady job, and am making enough, thinking about picking it up.

I really wish I could find a group for 4.0 D&D where I live, but no many really even play D&D here anymore.

Justin Gooch

Feb 16, 2011
Lol journey, i'm not sure if that would quite count as a table top game. Is table tennis a table top game? if voted yes, then I would say that air hockey is as well.

On a side note, I don't think I ever played any D&D pathfinder campaigns that I know of, but I have heard nothing but good things about that rule set, which makes me want to at least read the rules on it.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I have a bunch of 3.5 D&D stuff and occasionally DM, but my buddies got me into Mordheim. I only have one more model I need to paint up for my warband.

I also bought a Warhammer box set off ebay for a steal, and have been painting them up slowly.