Taco News - Activision to Sell Games in Lootboxes

DarthCoercis

May 28, 2016
tippy2k2 said:
DarthCoercis said:
Why does this article have a Zero Punctuation logo attached to it on the main page if it wasn't written by Yahtzee?

Don't get me wrong, as with everything Taco has written it was an amusing read, but the ZP logo is very misleading and hardly appropriate.
It shouldn't and it didn't when it was posted (and as of this morning, it didn't).

When ZP was posted, something must have gone goofed in the system. We'll look into it.
This is what I can see right now

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
DarthCoercis said:
tippy2k2 said:
DarthCoercis said:
Why does this article have a Zero Punctuation logo attached to it on the main page if it wasn't written by Yahtzee?

Don't get me wrong, as with everything Taco has written it was an amusing read, but the ZP logo is very misleading and hardly appropriate.
It shouldn't and it didn't when it was posted (and as of this morning, it didn't).

When ZP was posted, something must have gone goofed in the system. We'll look into it.
This is what I can see right now

Image snip
Just a FYI for you (and anyone else wondering); we adjusted all the images but have been unable to figure out why the system defaulted to ZP like that.

So for now, we'll post the next one with all the images already in (it's weird and technical but long story short is we think it'll prevent this next time) and just have to leave this one as is.

If it happens again with our fix, we'll dig in more but for now, we'll leave it be rather than risk screwing around in the Tech side and hope we don't break something important :)

Sorry for any confusion but I assure you it wasn't on purpose to deceive :D

DarthCoercis

May 28, 2016
tippy2k2 said:
Just a FYI for you (and anyone else wondering); we adjusted all the images but have been unable to figure out why the system defaulted to ZP like that.

So for now, we'll post the next one with all the images already in (it's weird and technical but long story short is we think it'll prevent this next time) and just have to leave this one as is.

If it happens again with our fix, we'll dig in more but for now, we'll leave it be rather than risk screwing around in the Tech side and hope we don't break something important :)

Sorry for any confusion but I assure you it wasn't on purpose to deceive :D
Hooray for glitches! Now go have a beer.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
... You know, they'll do it if given the chance. And die hard fans will spend money on it, encouraging them to continue if not try coming up with greater schemes. That's how the gaming industry is for us right now, an attempt to see who can rip off customers harder :(
Quite. A sad time indeed.
Though I must say that your current avatar goes truly well with your post.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
So now we have to buy a game and we have to buy a story and we have to buy to win too! But what is this industry! giving money in exchange for a aleatory reward is very similar to the principle of slot machines and more and more people are making the connection.