Taiwanese Hotel Builds Sexy Batcave

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
tigermilk said:
Rooms that can be rented by the hour, classy.
You do realize it's not really frowned upon in Eastern culture. Families typically live in the same house for generations, so it's used more as a way to get some private time with a spouse, than just some random nobody.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Ever notice how this awesome stuff is NEVER built in the West? I mean, surely that should logically be where the biggest fans are.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
ShenCS said:
Ever notice how this awesome stuff is NEVER built in the West? I mean, surely that should logically be where the biggest fans are.
We build lots of crazy gaudy stuff, just look at Vegas.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
ShenCS said:
Maybe not batman but... i mean las vegas? disney land? that harry potter park? We do stupid things. Give us credit.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
I guess I need to explain to the Western people about Taiwan culture. Every single hotel lets people rent for 2 hours at a time. This is because Taiwans has an amazing public transport that's pretty cheap, so pretty much everybody backpacks around the country quite often, and most people only need a room to sleep for the night for about 6 hours or less (since Taiwan has an amazing nightlife).

Also, many Taiwan people are very aware of how their money is spent, so they want to find places that are cheap but also luxurious, and they argue that they only need a hotel room for a few hours to sleep, so the pricing should be adjusted cheaper. And because there's such a huge demand for this, the hotels comply. It's like going to Vegas, you'll only spend about 5 to 6 hours in the rooms to sleep, so why pay full price when you can charge by the hour? It's also beneficial to the hotels too.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
It's like a childhood dream...I...I think I'm gonna cry...

Quiet Stranger said:
That is so awesome but they could have spent their money on something better
You are wrong. This is the best thing that anyone could have ever spent money on, ever.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Sixcess said:
Not quite as disturbing as the Love Hotel with the Hello Kitty bondage room.

But then... what could be?
I haven't heard of that... But a morbidly curious part of me wants to know more, whilst the rest of my mind pleads with that part to shut up and leave me in peace.

Still, this has much more pulling power than most bat caves purely because it's not Batman's parents' basement.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Isn't Batman's public alter ego, Bruce Wayne, a playboy ala Tony Stark? I am pretty sure he pretends to be a womanizer so people won't think he is Batman in several continuities.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not sure whether I find this awesome... or insane...

I'm rather torn, actually. I think it's the bat shaped tv that I like...

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Not a word of a lie, this hotel is about ten minutes from my house. Hourly rate hotels are extremely common here and many of them have discrete drive-in entrances with a private garage to keep out the prying eyes of the paparazzi. The hourly rates are euphemistically advertised as "rest-rates."

For future reference, the rate in your article should probably be written as NTD1400 or NT$1400. The New Taiwan Dollar is the name of the currency of Taiwan. Yuan is technically correct, but you don't often see anyone advertise their prices in English using Yuan. In fact, lots of places just use a dollar sign.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
Taiwanese Hotel Builds Sexy Batcave

The hotel is catering to a very specific kind of Batman fantasy.

Batman isn't known for his womanizing, but that hasn't stopped the Eden Hotel in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan from building a Batcave-style love-nest for people wanting to while away a few amorous bat-hours.

[gallery=156]

Pretty much everything in the room is Batman-themed, from the plush headboard on the bed, to the surround behind the TV, to the etchings on the mirrors, to the picture from Batman Begins on the ceiling. There's even a chair, designed to look like the Tumbler Batmobile from the Christian Bale Batman movies.

The room costs 1400 Yuan for a three-hour stay, which works out at just under fifty bucks. You can also rent the room for twelve hours, or just for two, depending on your budget and itinerary. As long as you don't mind seeing bat symbols on almost every surface, it's actually quite a nice room. It's hard to believe that it's had the official thumbs up from DC Comics and Warner Bros. however, so it might not be around for very much longer.

Source: Bleeding Cool [http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/14/a-batcave-in-every-port]

So...assuming a geek actually can get a woman into this "Batcave" What does he do with the remaining 2 hours and 55 minutes?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
where on earth did you find this pictures??

and the news??

jesus, the things the news crew find sometimes are incredibly obscure and amazing, i love the escapist.