Take our 'Gears of War' Quiz!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Take our 'Gears of War' Quiz!

[img_inline caption="" align='right' src='http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/70/70523.jpg']
Grab your Lancer and gear up for war in this week's quiz!

Welcome back to the army, soldier! With the release of Epic Game's final entry into the Gears of War saga this week, we put together a quiz to test your expertise on all things Gears. Dust off your armor and watch out for grubs!

(Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/169])

You'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get 100%. Just remember your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I'm calling BULLSHIT on this quiz.

The Hammer of Dawn does not self-destruct after 3 uses in Gears 2; none of the weapons do.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Paragon Fury said:

The Hammer of Dawn does not self-destruct after 3 uses in Gears 2; none of the weapons do.
And any enemy can be beaten by the hammer of dawn.

EDIT: wow, I've never beem 4th before.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Paragon Fury said:

Different questions.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Paragon Fury said:
Catchy Slogan said:
Paragon Fury said:

Different questions.
I know, but it's still fundamentally wrong. I'm just adding to your BULLSHIT claim.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Paragon Fury said:

same story here.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Paragon Fury said:

Ya, I was like "wtf, no pistol or weapon for that matter gets destroyed on 4th reload". That put me off, got it wrong on first try :<

Better change the wording to something like "What weapon has limited use in Gears of War 2" or "Which weapon can only be fired when it's clear sky in Gears of War 2"

In my opinion that is, since it doesn't get destroyed.

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Kinda got bummed on the pistol self destructing question, other than that pretty fun quiz. 9 outta 10 without even trying, and the one wrong one was a bullshit question. Well, badly worded.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
I have to agree with all these people calling bullshit on this quiz, I had to retake it 4 times because I tried every one BEFORE Hammer of Dawn because I knew for a fact it didn't blow up randomly. The Hammer of Dawn has drawbacks but unless I blacked out during every time it supposedly "blew up" It's simply not true.
As Panda said, it's also not really a pistol.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Agreeing with everyone else, never had a pistol blow up on me and the hammer of dawn is no pistol, if anything it's a laser designator. I'll settle for a 90% for this one.

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
Considering I was just playing the part of the campaign of Gears 2 where you use the Hammer of Dawn 5 minutes ago, I can definitely confirm that you can use it a hell of a lot more times than 3 and it does not fit in the pistol slot. Shame on you Escapist!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I see I wasn't the only one who was baffled by the pistol question. Good to know. Missed Marcus' voice actor too. Don't really follow that stuff. Fun quiz otherwise though.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
90%.

The only question I got wrong is the self-destructing weapon question everyone is complaining about.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
The 'Hammer of Dawn' question in which quiz-takers are having an issue with has been adjusted- the original was a question pulled from the archives from a previous quiz. Sorry for any confusion!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Another week and another quiz that I just should have left right the hell alone. I thought I would have a decent chance on this one but no dice. I only ever do well on the personality quizzes, everyone else I fail...hard.

edit: Tried again with open notes...er...tabs...and finally got it e.e

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I should've aced this quiz very quickly then a fake trivia question is thrown into the proverbial gears and messes us up. Thanks for costing me a Gears badge that I've been hoping to get for the longest time now.