Take Our "Name This Weapon" Quiz!

Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010
Take Our "Name This Weapon" Quiz!

The subject of this week's quiz is videogame melee weapons, and given that you may be facing these weapons head-on in a high-pressure combat situation (see image for reference), we here at The Escapist thought that we could best serve the community at large by administering a visual, rather than textual, test. By completing our quiz you will find you have the confidence and ability to successfully identify any and all close-quarters weapon(s) you may be brutalized/maimed/killed with - and really, is there any greater gift than that special sense of immediately-premortem smugness? We'd like to think not.

To ease the identification process, our crack team of artists* have been working around the clock to provide you with a clear, easy, and efficient method of determining which weapon to identify at any given time, and in a testament to modern technology, the system is integrated directly into each image. We think you'll find it quite groundbreaking.

As always, you'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get that 100%, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard and your value to the esteemed field of videogame weapon recognition and analysis (VWR&A).

(Take the quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/156])

*one non-artist intern

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I believe the whip is cool whip and the buster sword is excessively large, why don't those give correct answers?

Jamie Potton

Jul 7, 2010
when i completed the quizz, i saw the top 25 scores, but not my own score? why can't I see how I did?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Jamie Potton said:
when i completed the quizz, i saw the top 25 scores, but not my own score? why can't I see how I did?
Try bringing up the quiz main page again and hit take the quiz. It will jump to the end, and it should give you the score.

7/10. Bad guesses on those 3, and good guesses on a couple more. Go figure.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Took me three attempts. I got everything but the whip and the Prince of Persia dagger ones on the first go. Really had no idea for either of them, so had to guess.

hapipdalia

Mar 17, 2009
why is it only about blades and swords? i took the quize and expecting grapping one of the top 10 places, and i ended up with only 2 out of 10:( i hadn't even played most of those games(except for halo and warhammer)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Took me several tries to get all of those right... had no idea what that whip was called, tho.
Also, i liked how the text that talked about the quiz was written, had a nice weird Cracked-ish style of humor.
I approve!

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
There was at least one answer in there I was very tempted to pick in spite of knowing it was the wrong answer simply for the laughs.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
80% awesome!

I failed at the space marine thing.
And Halo...which is also space marine.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Name This Weapon Quiz!. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/156-Name-This-Weapon-Quiz]

Only took me a hundred million tries. ...okay only 6, but DAMN!!

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I scored 60%, with 6 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Name This Weapon Quiz!. [br] [a href="/quizzes/view/156-Name-This-Weapon-Quiz"]Take this quiz[/a]

Pretty good, considering I haven't played most of the games.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Got them all, nice quiz, Fun.

Currently ranked: 51st: Bah I vacillated too long at the whip. Thing is, it's had a lot of names. :/

How many times when I was playing the last game did I compare that sword to the one before it?

cursedseishi said:
Bah... only thing i didn't immediately recognize was the one with "Salsamaker", never seen or heard of the game...
I'll tell you what it was via a pm so as not to hand out any cheats/spoilers.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Wow... 8/10. Not bad considering I guessed for most of those (of course I would know about Soul Edge, being a fighting game fan).

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I've never even seen half those games, and I haven't played most of the others, since they seemed to be mostly console games.