Take our "Silent Hill" Quiz!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Take our "Silent Hill" Quiz!

[img_inline src="http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/69/69049.jpg"]
In my restless dreams, I see that town. Silent Hill...

It's just a short few weeks until Konami re-releases Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 in their very own HD Collection. So in honor of the return of the famous haunted town, we've put together a quiz on all things Silent Hill to see how much you know about the classic survival-horror series!

Do you know the name of the monster stalking Heather in Silent Hill 3? How about the lake where the infamous town is located? Find out in this week's quiz!

Take the quiz! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/187]

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
It's been a looong time since I've played both these games but I got a 9/10. Took me forever to think about it though.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah:
100%, 7th in speed :DDDDD

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Might have been No. 1 but i got the ending question wrong with wich i dont agree to because it's a subjective question and i had to take an extra try because i thought it was the moth name that i got wrong. Despite the 3 tries No 21 is the highest i have ever gotten in a quiz.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
100% hell yeah!

I had to look up the name of the moth boss, didn't know it was called that. I always called it 'that moth bastard', learn something new everyday.

Plus I'm 7th, and that's a first for me!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I scored 50%, with 5 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The 'Silent Hill' Quiz!. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/187-The-Silent-Hill-Quiz]
Wow 50% entirely by guessing. Better then I thought I'd get. I know jack shit about Silent Hill.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Well for me I pretty much guessed like crazy and managed to get 6/10 right on that thing! :D

I guess I should play those games at some point now...

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Wooo, 10/10 on my first try. And first on the board? Blimey, that's a real surprise. Doubt that will last long though. Then again, being such a massive SH fan I wouldn't accept any less.

ForgottenPr0digy said:
I've never played silent hill 1-4 I've only played Homecoming which to me was really good game
Get out of this thread. Just get out, go!

I kid, I kid! As a game judged on its own merits, I guess Homecoming isn't all that bad. As a game judged as part of the Silent Hill franchise... it is pretty damn dire. In fact I'll happily say it is the worst out of the 7 currently released titles.

From your point of view that's got to be a good thing, if you play ANY of the others now they are bound to seem even better! Then again, it depends what you're looking for. Homecoming might have tighter controls and a (marginally) better combat system. But the original games do story, setting and scares with infinate more competence.

But seriously, do yourself a favour and at least pick up Silent Hill 2 and 3.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
Wooo, 10/10 on my first try. And first on the board? Blimey, that's a real surprise. Doubt that will last long though. Then again, being such a massive SH fan I wouldn't accept any less.
You've dethroned me...

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
There was a hole here. But is gone
is that from a movie or something? the band Zombie Hunter has a song where all they do is say/scream that line over and over again on the Cataract Composite album http://www.subhumannature.com/2010/07/zombie-hunter-cataract-composite-2010.html

Anodos

Jul 23, 2011
GZGoten said:
There was a hole here. But is gone
is that from a movie or something? the band Zombie Hunter has a song where all they do is say/scream that line over and over again on the Cataract Composite album http://www.subhumannature.com/2010/07/zombie-hunter-cataract-composite-2010.html
Its in silent hill 2....pretty memorable.

I dont know which one I got wrong.

i think they think Heathers original name is Cheryl....but its not....

Yeah, just retried it. Its WRONG! Her name is Alessa! lol

Mar 26, 2008
Anodos said:
i think they think Heathers original name is Cheryl....but its not....

Yeah, just retried it. Its WRONG! Her name is Alessa! lol
From memory Heather is Alessa reborn.

I got 5/10, which is not bad seeing so I haven't played the games in a long, long time.

Anodos

Jul 23, 2011
Proverbial Jon said:

ForgottenPr0digy said:
I've never played silent hill 1-4 I've only played Homecoming which to me was really good game
Get out of this thread. Just get out, go!

I kid, I kid! As a game judged on its own merits, I guess Homecoming isn't all that bad. As a game judged as part of the Silent Hill franchise... it is pretty damn dire. In fact I'll happily say it is the worst out of the 7 currently released titles.

From your point of view that's got to be a good thing, if you play ANY of the others now they are bound to seem even better! Then again, it depends what you're looking for. Homecoming might have tighter controls and a (marginally) better combat system. But the original games do story, setting and scares with infinate more competence.

But seriously, do yourself a favour and at least pick up Silent Hill 2 and 3.
Being a massive silent hill fan you would know the answers were WRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

i am offended

Proverbial Jon

Nov 10, 2009
ares556600 said:
Not much of a fan if you didn't realize one was wrong and you actually got the wrong answer. And you knew the actress who did Cybil that's pathetic that movie isn't Silent Hill.
Anodos said:
Being a massive silent hill fan you would know the answers were WRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

I am offended
Ok, I give up. I've been back through those questions again and looked real hard but I can't see any faults. What am I missing?

And I think calling me pathetic just for seeing a film that wasn't all that good is a little unfair. Besides, I like to learn names of actors/actresses from films whether they were good or not.

Proverbial Jon

Nov 10, 2009
ares556600 said:
The mistake is where it says heather's original name was Cheryl. Now although this is "technically" correct her original name was Alessa Gillespie.
Ahh I see what you mean.
Cheryl was Harry's daughter, the one he was looking for in Silent Hill. She turns out to be a part of Alessa and once Alessa is defeated both she and Cheryl are essentially reborn as one again... creating Heather.

Yeah, that's my understanding of it anyway. So essentially Heather is equal parts Cheryl and Alessa, although predominantly Alessa because she was the girl who started it all, albeit against her will.

OK, fair enough, the question could have been worded better.

Anodos

Jul 23, 2011
Proverbial Jon said:
ares556600 said:
The mistake is where it says heather's original name was Cheryl. Now although this is "technically" correct her original name was Alessa Gillespie.
Ahh I see what you mean.
Cheryl was Harry's daughter, the one he was looking for in Silent Hill. She turns out to be a part of Alessa and once Alessa is defeated both she and Cheryl are essentially reborn as one again... creating Heather.

Yeah, that's my understanding of it anyway. So essentially Heather is equal parts Cheryl and Alessa, although predominantly Alessa because she was the girl who started it all, albeit against her will.

OK, fair enough, the question could have been worded better.

Yes, but what makes it WRONGER is that if you click the correct answer, it says you were incorrect. If anything, it would be Alessa or Both, not just cheryl.

I mean, through the whole Silent Hill 3, its Heather vs Alessa, because its ALESSA, not Heather vs Cheryl.