Take your favorite game - and RIP IT TO SHREDS!

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
Just beat uncharted 2. Here we go:

1. Takes forever to get the hang of the controls.
2. Insane linearity may be troublesome for some people.
3. Puzzle sections are a pain in the arse-hole; especially the one in the ice cave.
4. Multi-player lacks crossbow.
5. Climbing/platforming is a pain in the respect that on a wall filled with ledges and protruding rocks, only a select set are climbable. Basically you can never tell what to climb until the game pokes you in the face, telling you what to do and calling you a dunce.
6. Single player ends.
7. Too many snowy ruin-type levels, I'm so sick of in game snowy areas. Give me more jungle.
8. Numerous cliche's throughout the story.

Im being overly picky. U2 is probably the best game I've every played, period.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Siren: Blood Curse:
1: the little girl's levels
2: the fact that i spent a whole level running away from a zombie cop, only to be shot at the end
3: the graphics make it hard to see

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
Kadoodle said:
Just beat uncharted 2. Here we go:

2. Insane linearity may be troublesome for some people.
3. fucking. yetis.
4. Multi-player lacks crossbow.
6. Single player ends.
7. Too many snowy ruin-type levels, I'm so sick of in game snowy areas. Give me more jungle.
8. Numerous cliche's throughout the story.

Im being overly picky. U2 is probably the best game I've every played, period.

I have converted your post, to mine sir/madam, i hope you do not mind it

but yeah, there is mine :D

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
Aqualung said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Aqualung said:
Oh? Your romance with Elena in Uncharted 2 was a bit awkward and probably thrown in for fans, and could have been executed better instead of tossed into the ending? ...Oh well. At least they're happy together.
Would disagree, seeing how Elena Fisher is one of my favorite female characters in gaming, but, oh well.
Oh, I think you misunderstood me. She's one of my favourite characters too, and I actually did want her and Nate to end up together by the end of the first Uncharted... I just don't think the execution of it at the end of Among Thieves was that great.
Oh, right, yeah, I assumed without reading into your comment. My screw-up.

Still, I really liked the execution of the romance in Uncharted 2, probably better than in every game I've played since... forever.
is it just me, or does Elena fisher seem really similar to bonnie mcfarlane from rdr?

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
C95J said:
Halyah said:
C95J said:
Fallout: New Vegas
You still die at the end of the main story which is just as bad as fallout 3.
That can actually happen at the end? I've played through it twice and it never happened to me, nor was there any hint of there being a chance of it occuring either.
I have never actually completed the main plot, nor do I know what the end actually is, but this is all I have heard. And I haven't heard any alternatives. So sorry, I can't really help you there.
No, you don't die in the end. However, you cannot play after the ending.

willofbob said:
I... don't think we played the same game.

Anyway, back on topic.

Fallout 2: What pisses me off-

1. Damn, game. You were buggy as fuck before patching.

2. Vic, do you love pissing everyone off, or what? Stop accidentally shooting our allies and turning them hostile!

3. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I FIND THE RAIDER CAVE AFHADIGHPGINPDSFGEWGHPSDEFG

4. Is it just me, or do you just DRAG in the second half?

5. Fuck that goddamn Wanamingo Mine with a cattle prod.

6. Wandering deathclaws. Blegh.

Fallout 2: Why I love you:

1. Killap's Restoration Project made you the game you were meant to be. Awesome.

2. Cassidy, Sulik, Vic and Lenny. Aww yeah.

3. AIM FOR THE EYES

4. The writing is superb. Thanks, Chris Avellone!

dncarolyn

May 18, 2010
Assassin's Creed 2:
1. Starts off so insanely slow with all the tutorials that it kills the replayability
2. Whenever a character wants to tell you something it's always in the form of a redundant mission to follow them around town
3. The game as a whole was too easy
4. Combat stinks so making the end game entirely combat was a stupid idea
5. The final boss fight as well as the ending to Ezio's story are completely out-of-place and just plain dumb

♥

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins

Difficult ranges all over the place.

Inventory management is half the game.

The whole "Origins" thing is only relevant in the first hour of the game.

There aren't any good female love interests, in my opinion. Morrigan and Leliana are good characters, just not really my types.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
I totally agree there in regard to the insanely slow 1st quarter of the game.

(for previous ac2 comment.)

Spycat

Jun 7, 2010
Alright, round 2:

Dragon Age: Origins:

1. It takes too long to really get going. Seriously, my replaying interest wanes after a good 1-2 hours of running around a swamp and a village.

2. In my case, my PC has some difficulty running the fight scenes smoothly. I attack someone, and if it's a huge battle (i.e. the final fights in Denerim), the attack will register about 5 seconds afterward.

3. Awakening was buggy as hell. Seriously, BioWare, get on the ball!

4. This one's more amusing than annoying, but the approval meter in Awakening is... glitchy to say the least. Get someone up to friendship level before doing their personal sidequest, and they always stay at 'warm'. Complete that quest, and suddenly the meter reads 'love'. Repeat for (almost) all of the companions, and you get the curious scenario in which you have a Dalish elf keeper, a perky/suicidal dwarf, an apostate mage, Arl Howe's son, and a reanimated corpse(eww) all vying for your affections. Hell, at least Oghren wasn't affected by that.

4. Then again, Oghren forgot *everything* I gave him for Awakening from Origins, so that's arguably worse.

5. The sound gets glitchy in really big fights if I don't force the sound into stereo for headphones.

6. Arlessa Isolde. What. A. Fucking. Idiot.

7. Queen Anora. What. A. Royal. *****.

7 complaints. Pretty reasonable, but likely would have verged into fanboyism if Awakening wasn't involved.

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Kingdom hearts
1 The endless grinding to kill the extra bosses
2 Thats about it
3 Like i said, thats it.
4 Wait, it had goofie and donald in it to, they where bad.

The opening song, i loved it
The story, i loved it

Oh and
5 Somehow kingdom hearts 2 improved it.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Jak 2:

1.Your Rail-shooting levels can go and die in a fire.
2. I never used the mini-gun or the Peace maker unless the blaster mod was out of ammo.
3. Every time I'm send into Haven Forest. First time trials, okay I can handle that. Then chase flying creatures, it's okay, I've got my hover board to chase them with. Then you make me hunt for invisible monsters spread out over the area, you heartless fucks.

Sorry, there really isn't much more to complain about. I love Jak 2.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
FFVIII:

1. Why is it more of an advantage to be at a lower level
2. Some of the side quests are uncessarily long and boring
3. Dialogue doesn't skip fast enough when you want it to
4. Not enough variation of monsters
5. Rinoa's dog as an attack was a bit lame
6. The queen of cards
7. You took half of my life away
8. I compare every game to you
9. I give up, I love you really

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Final Fantasy IX:
1.One of the characters is 6 years old.
2.Ipsen's Castle is annoying.
3 On disk 3 there is a massive part with lots of dialogue and a fight which I was unprepared for because there are no damn save points during that part.
4. Oeilvert nearly destroyed me the first time because there are no inns anywhere about the place, also I can't pronounce it.

That's it I think. I love that game.