Take your two favorite tv shows, and swap the main characters

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Hmmm, not exactly sure how Eddard Stark would handle the terrorist threats and CTU's awful vetting procedures, but Jack Bauer would make fucking mincemeat of that snivelling prick Joffrey, and then he'd work on bringing down the Lannisters.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I think coop from Megas XLR wouldn't do too well in Game of thrones unless he was allowed to take Megas with him.

I'll swap him with Tyrion lannister, who wouldn't be very good at fighting aliens and villains in an 80ft robot, probably because he couldn't reach the pedals.

XD

Professor Putricide

Nov 15, 2009
Rainbow Dash in House M.D... o_O Imagine her popping pills and walking around with a cane. Goodness.

Alternatively, House flying around Ponyville clearing clouds away. O_O

Oh my, I think I've got some writing to do. :3

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
Not entirely sure what my two favourites are at the moment but I'll pick two from my top five.

Sheldon Cooper would actually make the perfect crystal meth brewer, how he'd respond to terminal cancer is another question entirely.

Walter White would probably end up punching Wolowitz in the face and threatening Kripke with extreme chemistry-related vengeance!

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Admiral Giles runs the Galactica well, though several question his focus on reclaiming lost texts about the Cylons. Buffy steps into the shoes of Kara Thrace without much of a problem; her relationships are still a mess. Captain "Apollo" Angel is always there to look out for her. Willow "Athena" Rosenberg is shocked to discover her evil side, but comes around to fight for the humans. Oz "Helo"'s efforts to bring peace to two sides of a warring group works reasonably well, though he gets a bit violent when they are in a system with a visible moon. Spike is an far scarier scientist/politician/president/cult leader, backed up by what may be hallucinations of Drusilla. One-eyed Colonel Xander has quite a few issues, not the least of which are his constant bickering with his wife, Anya. Cordelia is the worst human president in history and pretty much everyone dislikes her aide, Dawn.

Meanwhile, the crew of the Galactica is so happy to be among billions of humans again, they don't bother looking up what they should be doing, leading to the opening of the Hellmouth and the destruction of life on Earth. They are forced to escape in a rag-tag group of space ships to go settle 13 colonies with the aid of a Japanese walking robot.

Paddy the Second

Apr 9, 2011
"My name is Dr. Rick Dagless M.D. I've been in the town of Twin Peaks for two weeks now, and this goddam crazy shit just won't stop. Also apparently this schoolgirl is romantically interested in me; not that I blame her but I've got to stay loyal to my beautiful wife and half grasshopper son Skip, I love you kiddo."

and

"Diane, the chicken in Darkplace hospital's kitchen is damn fine, and although the town of Romford isn't much to look at the people here are great."

It would be interesting to see how Dagless copes with a town full of actual acting and competent special effects while sometimes having to take a backseat to other townspeople when he is literally the most egotistical Larry Stu (even if it's for a fictional character) in TV history, and Cooper wouldn't notice the stilted weirdness of the performances because a lot of people in Twin Peaks are like that anyway. And neither of them will care about all the weird shit that happens.

But that brings up the question of how to incorporate Cooper into the show within a show element of Darkplace. I'd prefer not to think about it. Red room sequence being interrupted with an interview about how great the creator is, this will require some thought.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
OneBrokePony said:
SPARTANXIII said:

I doubt anyone outside of a Brony will get this!
Its MLP and Firefly
I see what you did there

I think you mean this:

Because I was talking about the TV show, not the film

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Chairman Miaow said:
SPARTANXIII said:

Its MLP and Firefly
Who is that meant to be? Really not seeing how it's firefly...
I'll give about 20 more seconds before it twigs who it is and what I was trying to make......

Sammyjb17

Mar 7, 2011
Wakikifudge said:
Game of Thrones and Community.

Jeff Winger and Tyrion maybe? It's hard to say if either really has a true main character. Jeff probably is on community but I'd say there isn't one in Game of Thrones so I just picked my favorite character.

Anyway, I think they would both fit in nicely in each other's shows. Jeff is a good talker and schemer. He would do well in the political arena.
Tyrion would just bring another dynamic to the study group. He would be capable of delivering the "Winger" speeches and would be his normal witty/hilarious self.

Don't know if the Dean would come by anymore though. Maybe he'd move to Troy...
I was going to type this, but then I saw he did for me!

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
futurama and the chappelle show? fry might not fit, but dave could reach a new level of future comedy.

OneBrokePony

Jul 20, 2011
SPARTANXIII said:
I think you mean this:

Because I was talking about the TV show, not the film
Yeah, I know. I just like the My Little Serenity video. I like the one you posted as well.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
M*A*R*E: Twilight Sparkle and her friends cope with life, love and loss at an Army field hospital in war-torn Korea.

My Little Hawkeye: A group of Army surgeons learn about friendship in the magical land of Equestria.

Hell, these sound awesome.

The ponies would definitely have trouble coping with all that pain and suffering. It's one thing facing down the occasional villain, but dealing with the horrors of war on a day to day basis is another thing entirely. Still, they might turn out all right provided they get past the initial shock. Twilight would probably make a good surgeon, and Fluttershy's bedside manner would doubtless work wonders for the wounded.

There might be some adjustment issues for the cast of M*A*S*H as well depending on which group of characters you brought over. Frank Burns would likely have an aneurysm, but Radar and Col. Potter would have a blast.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Carrie Matheson gets swapped out for whoever you consider to the protagonist of Game of Thrones to be. I think both would be fucked.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
SPARTANXIII said:
Chairman Miaow said:
SPARTANXIII said:

Its MLP and Firefly
Who is that meant to be? Really not seeing how it's firefly...
I'll give about 20 more seconds before it twigs who it is and what I was trying to make......
Still not getting it....

rayen020

May 20, 2009
hmmm... I do not think Grisham would fare well as the Avatar... he isn't in shape, and he hasn't been shown to be able to manipulate elements...

And i feel Korra is a bit too impulsive to be a good lead investigator for a CSI team...

So neither would do very well.

hmmmm... so other shows... mythbusters and uhhh... Iron Chef? ... i watch alot of FOOD network... Somehow i feel Adam and Jamie wouldn't fare well in kitchen Stadium, Nor would the chairman or any of the chefs be great at testing urban myths that didn't involve food...