Tales from the Table: Chapter 1: A Tale of Goblin Warriors

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
This is strangely similar to the guys I play with, the only difference is that it's the master that's putting all the random things in haha.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Yokai said:
Yep, this show is going to be great.

Funny how all the good shows on the Escapist are either Australian or Canadian. Commonwealth countries seem to be cleverer than Americans.
What do you mean SEEM to be?
I jest of course :p

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
dementis said:
Yokai said:

Funny how all the good shows on the Escapist are either Australian or Canadian. Commonwealth countries seem to be cleverer than Americans.
Ah, but do you?

It would not surprise me if that were a statement of fact!

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Yokai said:
dementis said:
Yokai said:

Ah, but do you?

It would not surprise me if that were a statement of fact!
I assure you it is not a statement of fact, just joking about typical stereotypes of American intelligence...Or maybe stereotypes of Commonwealth Comedians, if there are stereotypes like that.

jennyd

Mar 27, 2011
As someone who has witnessed an actual game of D&D in the 80's - I want to congratulate the Aardvarks on Tales from the Table. This is really how it was. Different to the current high speed instant games that are around today - with amazing graphics and real time play. Weeks were spent in set up, character building - the action was incidental rather than pivotal. It was all about imagination. This also really funny and well done. Very clever. I love it - well done!

jennyd

Mar 27, 2011
jackpipsam said:
judging by the forest and voices... this is AUSSIE!

bout time we have an Aussie internet series
Yes - this is Australian. I agree - good to have some Aussie content

znix

Apr 9, 2009
I like this show, it's fun. It was a bit wooden/forced, but maybe with time the cast learns to relax or act better. More please :)

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I'm in the 'meh' camp on this one, and I'm an avid D&D nerd. Everything was fine except the writing/story. Very tired and overused. Make it a bit less rote and I'm in.

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
kickyourass said:
Wow, that DM has way more patience then I do, by this point I probably would've punched somebody.
Huh, I would have run with the clone idea, it's actually very clever. Let's see, make them all level 1 sorcerers and have them throw out their spells as fast as possible, whithering them under a magical barrage until the main sorcerer appears for the 'final' battle. If needed I could bring in the 'real' one later if I'm having trouble coming up with an idea.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
I liked it a lot! finally, A DND show I can relate to...

by that I mean one that isn't about strippers.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
I thought this could be pretty cool. Unfortunately, I cannot stand to hear Australians butcher english, so this show isn't for me. Too bad.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
monstersquad said:
Unfortunately, I cannot stand to hear Australians butcher english
Butcher? Ouch! I can't work out if your comment is actually racist or not, or for that matter if I am offended. Nah, Jokes check out Barry McKenzie, always good for a laugh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_McKenzie_Holds_His_Own

Nyrad01

Nov 25, 2009
Loving the show guys, but I cant help but wish the episodes were only a little longer. Having DM'd for a group like this, and on many occasions been a player being silly, I can relate to this. Keep up the good work!

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
monstersquad said:
I thought this could be pretty cool. Unfortunately, I cannot stand to hear Australians butcher english, so this show isn't for me. Too bad.
Are you yourself English?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
phoenix352 said:
Doomsday Arcade season 2 please ...
A) There already was a season 2, as well as a season 3

B) That concluded, there is nothing else to continue it with

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
TwistedEllipsis said:
Great costumes and the story-telling kind of reminds me of DM of the rings or Darth & droids...
Umm if the DM is from DM of the rings then he would've been annoyed and sent the sorcerer just for interupting his goblin army :p.