Tales from the Table: Chapter 16: A Tale of a Robot

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Chapter 16: A Tale of a Robot

On their way to defeating the Evil Lord Cryson, the Adventurers face up against their most powerful foe yet, the mysterious robot known simply as Ted 308!

Watch Video

Erlec

Apr 14, 2009
At 04:00 Ted 308 still has his left hand :p Easy mistake to do. I liked the episode due to the monthy python reference and dramatic dice throwing.

umbraticus

May 4, 2011
awesome episode! swordfighting wasn't as exciting as in real movies, but that's not to be expected by such a small production team :)
the 'epic dice throwing' was great!

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
The dice throwing was the most epic I've seen ever! Goodness the direction was awesome in this episode! I think Ceredryn could have used a slighter lighter sword...but the was soooooooooooo awesome!

Do we get a season 2? Please?

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
YAAAAAAAAAY! I've been waiting for a while for this, and as expected it was quite awesome. Quite awesome indeed. Muhuhahahaha!

This series is showing to be some real high quality material, with great characters, storytelling and special effects. I was sitting on the edge of my chair during the entire episode. It felt almost like playing bioshock.

I'm hoping the escapist realises that and allows you to stay for another year. I know who I'll be cheering for in this year's film festival.

Keep it up guys (and ladies, of course).

I'll be watching. In fact, maybe I'll go and watch this series all over again whilst waiting for the next episode....

btw: since they're standing in a field, maybe cryson(?) can summon some mud-monsters, monster trees or giant bee-swarms or something. A dragon would be cool too, but probably beyond your budget. XD

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
This can't stop here... Not now.... More!

Season two invasion of the evil heros?

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
That was brilliant! I especially loved the epic dice throwing montage.
But wow, this show's taken a dark turn.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
Love the series. Probably one of the best currently on the Escapist. Can't wait to see how it ends.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
That was awesome! Season 2 please!

(Although a few tiny spots of weird editing right at the start. It kinda faded out for a title sequence and faded back in again without actually having a title sequence and the dude was running and they showed a shot of him running back at the start again)

I do love the design of Ted, I love how the DM reacted to their success and the cliffhanger was epic. Also the evil laugh after she killed her own father and the oh crud moment when the DM sprang it on them

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Just remember the evil guy with the helmet is ALWAYS either your father, brother or best friend.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Ahhh, still completely retarded. By leaps and bounds my favorite series here.

I'm sad that it looks like the next episode is probably the last of this season but make another season! Amazing stuff every week.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Awesome episode. That dice-throwing was just epic. And that suit looked really cool, too!
Can't wait for the next episode, this is just so damn awesome!

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
As Dora The Explorer says, 'Magnifico'! (I dunno ... don't ask)

Even with a freakin' Storm Trooper/Centurion lookalike ... the hand being cut off ... light sabres ... allllll the Star Wars references ... the amazing thing is it DIDN'T feel 'overdone'. Great work. The feeling of the series has already very successfully been established, the characters are well developed, and we actually give a damn about them - hence the 'Star Wars Enemy Reveal' actually working.

I didn't for a moment start thinking 'oh pleeeeease' in this episode and that I think is a great endorsement of the cast and crew on this, and especially the writing and direction.

Maybe JJ Abrams should have hired these guys to write half of Lost. Then I may have given a shit when Jack had ANOTHER argument with Locke, or Sawyer stubbed his toe, or Kate lost her favourite toy plane.