Tales from the Table: Chapter 3: A Tale of a Girlfriend

stranamente

Jun 13, 2009
I like this series, you're doing a great job... aaaand she's a *****. Really. Who she thinks she is?
Revenge!!!

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
you're right, he does roll like an elf!

great episode, awesome series!

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
I'm liking this show more and more. It seems like you are listening to your fans and adjusting to make them happy. Good job!

storne

Jul 14, 2009
I was distracted by wondering how much work it took them to bring a couch and door/wall out to the forest.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
:( That was a bit sad. But in a good way I guess.

Also there is no way the name Ceredwyn doesn't have Welsh/Celtic roots

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Honestly, well done. The amount of hatred I felt towards the girlfriend was immense, so you wrote her quite well. Also, made me wanna slap Thordin around a little bit.

RyePunk

Dec 5, 2008
What a *****. And a stupid bastard. Kick'em out of the group. If he's that whipped, that he abandons his own interests, then leave him to rot.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Gotta love the druid with the keybalde. Very nice touch. Also, damn ***** stole her chocolate!

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
one of my favourite story based series on the escapist really starting to get to know the character and the humour is pretty subtle that it doesn't get in the way of the story.
LOVE BACKGROUND COMEDY. Aka the fighting dudes on the floor.

hate the new girl though...... what a piece of work get off your high horse

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
The production value of this is amazing.

Is the budget higher than usual or are you just good at it?

Mutak

Oct 29, 2009
Good production can't rescue bad writing and bad acting. That's three strikes for this series. Escapist should put it out of its misery.

andy25100

Sep 5, 2010
got to say this series is growing on me, also hope the new girl get's it big as no-one, i mean no-one steals chocolate and gets away with it

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
I'm just starting to find this insulting. D&D players are usually depicted as-- and believed by the general public to be-- socially inept people trapped in their own fantasies, and that is exactly what you guys are doing. Relying on the big joke that everyone already knows is not very impressive. I think this show would be so much better if it stopped making fun of the players as people and instead added some in-campaign shenanigans that might actually be interesting.

As I said in my first comment on this series in episode 1, I can see the work that you guys put into this, and it's great, to be honest. But I think that a new direction would be nice because as a D&D player, I feel like I've been cheated out of a series that could have been about people who understand me instead of people created to mock me.

/rant

Taynas

May 20, 2010
This episode did a complete 180 from the last one. Last one, I hated all the characters except for the DM for being jerks to a guy for what seemed like no reason. In this one, I liked everyone but the girlfriend. Ceredwyn was particularly sympathetic while Thordin's reactions were understandable if stupid. Changing who you are for a girl is never good but for a guy like that finding a girlfriend is so difficult that it makes sense that he is being a complete ass for her. I laughed a few time but the focus seemed to be on bringing some humanity back to the characters after last episode, which was a good idea imo. If you can keep the characters likable while still getting some laughs in, this show will be quite impressive.