Tales from the Table: Chapter 5: Tale of a Dungeon Master

ffian1

Mar 10, 2010
Well done guys - keep this up!

Wasn't convinced at first, but now we're getting somewhere. Hopefully, if each character gets a backstory that worked as well as this one, we're all in for a treat.

I only wish that it didn't take 2 weeks to get it - but if this is the calibre you're operating at now, I'm happy to wait.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
This is starting to show some potential. It may end up being better than the first couple of episodes made it look.
Nice work.

Taynas

May 20, 2010
This was so clever guys! I love how it told an in game story as well as the DM's back story at the same time. This show gets better every week.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
I have to admit, that was actually pretty good. Nifty way of telling two stories at once.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
I have to admit this one struck like a hammer. I hope there will be more character exploration incorporated into future episodes. Another blow like this one too soon will thin the metal and weaken the blade.

k-ossuburb said:
Yay backstory. I hope this amounts to something, like there being a parallel between the role playing and real life or something like that or I'm worried this will be just an exposition dump with no pay-off.
There really can't be parallels with the DM. You see, while he is running and planning the game, his sister is already preparing to sit on the throne. He will never reach it.
I like sad stories, and i have the feeling that his should have been the last to be explored.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I uhh.....I have this thing.....where...... works of strong Allegory.....give me a boner.......like, literally........so........I'll be back, hang on. [grabs "equipment" and runs off]

Ahh, I'm back, where were we? Oh yes, this was awesome. Can't wait for more!

Captha: greatest Behavioral. Greatest Behavioral what, exactly?

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
somonels said:
I know what you mean. I was just saying that it might be nice if he discovered something in the RP that reflected his life somehow and inspired him to do something in his real life. It doesn't need to be as drastic as trying to get to the peak of his father's business, but could be something like making amends with his sister and remembering how close they used to be. It sounds sappy but it could work, she probably only resents him because he abandoned her to play video games and read comics instead of playing with her and he resents her because he wasted his life while she made something of herself.

There's some unresolved issues there, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. I tend to do that.

Temple Guard

Nov 2, 2010
I'm glad I stayed with this series. I wasn't sure after the first couple of episodes but the past couple have been much better.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Wow. That was really good.
I'm not sure if i understood everything what the episode was telling correctly, but nevertheless it was really interesting to watch.
Damn... this was good on a whole new, different, parallel way. Crazy.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Very nice indeed, I thoroughly enjoyed that. I still think you guys should make at least two of the guys be good characters and add a Paladin to the group, preferably a morally ambiguous one.

MeTheMe

Jun 13, 2008
I like the series so far, and now that we might be getting into some real story, I'm quite excited! Keep up the good work!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
Aureliano said:
Great episode. Probably the best one so far as far as story is concerned. I hope some of that actually comes back in future episodes. One note: the relationship between those siblings is hyper creepy, and I can't see any possible resolution to it that doesn't get creepier.
I don't think creepy is the right descriptor. I don't even know if it's a real rivalry, as it is just a couple of kids at odds with each other. The one who seems more trustworthy being put in charge of the company.

Remember, it's only one side of the story there.
Actually, I found the younger version of the siblings' relationship creepy for more...um, Narnia-related reasons.

shiaramoon

LRR Stalkin'
Feb 1, 2011
Nice twist to the story guys, keep up the good work. I really look forward to seeing where this story goes