Tales from the Table: Pilot Episode

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
IAmTheVoid said:
... am I the only person who just found it all really annoying?
No, you are not. You are really not.

The reason why I love The Gamers so much is because all the guys seem like actual persons, playing an actual game.
Watching this, all I thought was "Why is that ponce wearing this retarded cloak ?" and "Who the f*ck talks like this when gaming ?".
Maybe I´m overthinking it, but it just felt like people without any P&P experience, making fun of what they think people who actually play P&P act like. The "one-of-us" vibe is missing and for me that´s a killer.

Bradders616

Mar 31, 2009
better then hit it with my axe
why? becasue its not focused on women doing enrd stuff
this is much better

shufflemonkey16

Mar 7, 2008
Legitimately entertaining humor and good acting. This show has a lot more promise than most new shows on the Escapist. I'll keep an eye out for it.

frans909

Aug 10, 2008
drshoktopus said:
I notice a lot of people are commenting on the sound quality. It's odd I had no issues. Other then that, from one aspiring filmmaker to one that is obviously giving it a shot. Break legs guys, I can't wait to see what comes next.
The sound quality is bad. It's way too low. Play that video, then play another one, let's say Zero Punctuation, and notice how the sound is suddenly almost twice as loud.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i have the same reaction of this show as every other show. doesnt have kristen bell in it. im not interested.

lol

in reality, i liked it :p

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
I really really like this! Like, more than the other new shows that have come out.

However (and it may just be me), it was kinda hard to hear, and my volume is at max. Maybe crank it up a bit.

George Page

Oct 6, 2008
First of all, the quality is amazing! Well done!
The dual scenes are a great idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing the interaction between the characters in the forest and the players playing them.

However, must the humor come from four of the five people being retarded? Or being seemingly losers? It's a bad stereotype that these videos are perpetuating, and isn't THAT much true anymore.

If only this could have been combined with I Hit It With My Axe... imagine the forest and costumes and such!

But despite it all, I like this series and am looking forward to more.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
That was excellent. Usually live-action stuff like this is cringe-worthy but I thought this was really well done. Will definately be tuning in to this.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Stevey M said:
Been waiting for this for a while. Great stuff, can't wait to see ep2.

Also, did anyone else hear the music and think "isn't this the song they play on EpicMealTime?"
All of the music is royalty free stuff from Pro Scores. It's been in a lot of different things.

Rotting Corpse

Aug 24, 2010
Elate said:
Rotting Corpse said:
For all of you that liked this, please go look into the comic book Knights of the Dinner Table, same set up, better characters, and better and funnier jokes and story.
Maybe some of us would rather watch a video than read a comic? Just saying, different people, different media preference. I'm not really into comic books that much.

Personally I loved it, and I don't usually like your typical DnD comedy (wasn't a fan of "I Hit It With My Axe") but this one stood out, I think due to the quick pacing of it. Either way, looking forward to the next episode.
I can certainly understand that, but my point is that this is not a well done version of the D&D group jokes. I think this style of video fits perfectly on the Escapist and I would love to see this kind of series here. It's just that this isn't that good. This is just my opinion and I'm going to watch one or two more, but if the humor doesn't get a little more original, I'm not going to keep watching it.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
The audio needs some work, I have a hard time hearing the actors with my audio turned all the way up and everything else in the room dead silent. I know your trying to set a mood but that seems too extreme.

Besides that I can't complain, its better than some other long gone series.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
Think back real hard to the first show you really loved, Firefly? Capitan Planet? Bananas in Pyjamas? At what point did that show get good? First 5 minutes of the first episode? if not then just be wary that this is episode only goes for a Whole 5 minutes. Haters Gonna Hate.

For all of you guys who are after something else then watch something else, hell enter the next Escapist Magazine comp with something better. I know I will be watching at least until the 5th episode, if it still hasn't grabbed me then I will go back to my bridge and Troll elsewhere, I suggest you guys do the same.

vcdaniels

Jan 8, 2010
Looks like a great series. I like how some of the pitfalls of gaming are already addressed (player discordance and what I like to call Yoko Ono Syndrome). Looking forward to more.