Tales from the Table: Pilot Episode

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Freshskills said:
when is the first new episode coming out?
It said in two weeks. so... the 25th? I'm so interested to see where this series goes. I can't wait. Buuuut I guess I'll have to.

magicringgirl

Apr 17, 2009
This looked cute. I do however agree with the comments above, I've seen the same idea before and done better, but I'll give it a shot. It actually really reminds me of a youtube movie I watched years ago called The Gamers (Here's the link to episode 1 if any one is interested, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTEHqAeanw it's really good and funny). I'd like to see where this is going, although I didn't find the jokes to be that funny, I'm sure they will improve. I am excited for a new series on the escapist however!

Welcome to the Escapist and Good Luck!

Becoming Insane

Jun 18, 2008
Pilot definitely made me laugh.
As others have said, the volume needs to be higher, as I have a very hard time discerning what they're saying.
I still want to see more, though.

caladors

Mar 17, 2011
It's like looking into a portal where stero types match reality.
I have been that GM at times.
STFU.
Often said by my players that they come just to watch my blood pressure rise.
But the girl friend well I haven't had that everyone one just drops off there guy and thats it.
But we have had the awkard interuption is for sure when you sort of have an open door policy at your house and someone comes in and they are...
Well there like deer in the head lights, they walk in and they know that you play but it's like when someone walks in on you having sex they should walk away but there just drawn to it like a train wreck...
I should just lock the doors and air less dirty laundry...

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
It´s well shot and there were a few funny bits here and there, but it wasnt laugh out loud for me. But it´s only the pilot episode, so i´ll watch a few more before i form a more elaborate opinion. As for constructive criticism, i´d recommend heavy doses of Order of the Stick and Knights of the Dinner Table to the writing staff. There are a lot of good ideas to explore in those comics.

BashBashBash

Jun 29, 2011
I'm new to the escapist and the thumbnail of this vid caught my eye, glad i watched it, pretty funny stuff. As a D+D player it hits my funny bone repetitively. I want to see more. good stuff guys.