"Tangled" VS "The Princess and the Frog" - More Dinsey-like?

Lukyo

Aug 14, 2009
I just saw the movie "Tangled" and I am astonished. Perhaps the passage of time has allowed me to forget how I felt last year but I don't recall being as astonished by "The Princess and The Frog".

Now is it just me or does "Tangled" feel more like a Disney movie than "The Princess and the Frog" did despite the fact that is it computer generated and not hand drawn?

Maybe it's because "Tangled" is a re-imagining of the actual fairy tail where as "The Princess and the Frog" was more or less self-aware parody. After all the Frog Prince story book was actually in the movie.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Lukyo said:
Maybe it's because "Tangled" was derived from and actual fairy tail where as "Princess and the Frog" was more or less invented.
Fairy tales were invented by someone too though.

Lukyo

Aug 14, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Lukyo said:
Maybe it's because "Tangled" was derived from and actual fairy tail where as "Princess and the Frog" was more or less invented.
Fairy tales were invented by someone too though.
Yes, but not by Disney itself.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I haven't yet seen Tangled (though I plan to soon), but I can say with reasonable confidence that nothing feels more Disney-like to me than traditional animation. Given that, The Princess and the Frog wins by default.

I'm not saying Tangled won't be good, but it's CGI. Disney movies- REAL Disney movies, the kind little kids watch for days on end and college students reminisce about- are hand-drawn.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Space Spoons said:
I'm not saying Tangled won't be good, but it's CGI. Disney movies- REAL Disney movies, the kind little kids watch for days on end and college students reminisce about- are hand-drawn.
Here here, Hand drawn animation, that to me is what makes a "traditional" disney movie.
And in that sense Princess and the frog wins by default... plus it's got Keith David in it, so in that respect it just plain wins.

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
Princess and the frog felt more like Little Mermaid. Girl with aspirations of being something else that kinda thing. Tangled was clever and enjoyable enough to be Disney though. You gotta like the side characters, I want a chameleon now.