Tattoos of the Escapist Community

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
So Escapists (Escapites?) with tattoos, what are they and why did you get them?
Feel free to show off.

=y

May 11, 2012

My favorite Pokemon on my left arm. Gonna happen sooner or later and the Escapist will be the first to hear about it. ;)

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
tatoos are one of those

"thats REALLY cool, but I don't know if its a good Idea" type things

what I can;t stand is when people go "hurr hurr itl look bad when you 50"

when your 50 your looks arent quite the same anyway

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
...and I've been thinking about getting more, but I have no idea of what.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Tribal that covers my upper right arm, from the shoulder down to the elbow and goes down my back. It's still being worked on and will cover the right side of my chest as well when it's done.

Liverpool crest on my left shoulder.

Eagle on my right forearm.

Tribal on my left forearm.

Para wings on my left shoulder blade.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I've got three, but am in the process of removing two of them due to some problems with the colored ink and my skin that never went away after ten years and HOLY SHIT DOES THAT HURT.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Showing off tattoos eh. Well I was pointed here by a buddy in a group, so why not.

Yeh thats right pony tattoos. Rainbow Dash and her cutie mark (Right leg). The mark I got put on almost 3 weeks ago, same with the other pic. Dash herself I got last summer. Than Applejack (Left leg)

Your opinions be dammed I say. You'll think I'll come to regret these, but trust me with my ways and such, I never will.

Due noted that this pic was taken before it was finished. During a break I took it, the left side of my body feels pain a lot more than my right. So I found out, it's the same for most the artist told me.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Havnt got one.
If I get the first one will defineatly be a black Liverbird on my left chest

and a Triforce would be nice, not sure were, probably one of the shoulders.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I have actually been meaning to get another since like May but just haven't got around to it yet.

This is my first though got it when I was 18 or so.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I have two kanji, one of my left arm, one of my left calf. They're lame and cliche but I like them.

What I really want to get is the bird of prey that symbolises the "Slayer" house of demons in White Wolf's Demon: the Fallen. I'm not a huge Demon: the Fallen fan, and I haven't played tabletop RPGs for years, but I think it still looks pretty cool.

Not sure where I'd put it though. Shoulderblade, probably.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I've got a chestpiece, a small piece on my upper left arm (which includes the Leaf Village symbol from Naruto), something on my right leg and I've almost finished sleeving my right arm (not including the tattoos on the hand and on my knuckles).

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
these are the ones I have already
The one at the top is from Skate 3 when you kill a spot and the one below it is from Bleach.

and this is the one I'm getting on monday

It's going to the be on my right hand wrist. It's from Fullmetal Alchemist.

The reason I got all of the them is because they look awesome.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
Vault101 said:
tatoos are one of those

"thats REALLY cool, but I don't know if its a good Idea" type things

what I can;t stand is when people go "hurr hurr itl look bad when you 50"

when your 50 your looks arent quite the same anyway
When someone says that I show them this picture

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
=y said:

My favorite Pokemon on my left arm. Gonna happen sooner or later and the Escapist will be the first to hear about it. ;)
Should just get that on your back in full spread, shoulder to shoulder... in as much realistic detail as possible...

OT: Don't care for tattoos myself... it's one of those things where I just ask myself, "What's the point?" and once I realize that if I have to ask myself that, than it's pointless and probably a bad idea...<.<

Besides everything I like is too nerdy to want to plaster on my body... or too obscure to the point that I wouldn't want to explain it to everyone... or both...

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I don't have one, and probably won't get one, but I do think about what I'd get. I think I'd go for small 'icons' representing the things I like (Mario's hat, Batman symbol, Lego brick etc.).

I also thought it'd look incredible to have the Shadow of the Colossus 'weak point' sigil done in that black-light ink so it'd show up under UV lights and glow similar to how they do in the game. I think it'd work especially well on my forehead. That said, I can't see the explanation of it wowing many of the opposite sex:

Girl: "Wow, nice tattoo! What is it?"

Me: "Oh, it's from a game, it's the mark you find on giant monsters that shows their weak spots and- wait, where are you going?"

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I'm getting my first soon and from my sister who is a damn awesome tattoo artist.
I wanna get something like this.
<spoiler=One she did last year and liked so much she turned it into a water colour>
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfqoprilc41qbzks9o1_1280.jpg

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Tattoos aren't for everyone, and you do see some people and just think....why...? Saying that, I'm sure some people think that mine are pointless. But at the end of the day, if you're happy with it, I think that is all that really matters.

I currently have three.

I have a quote from Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse 5" on the inside of my upper right arm - "So it goes." For those who don't know...well, I will copy from Wiki - it's easier: when death, dying, and mortality occur, as a narrative transition to another subject, as a memento mori, as comic relief, and to explain the unexplained. It appears 106 times.

I also have
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/scorpiotattooforsandr.jpg/]
on my right shoulder blade, as my star sign is Scorpio.

Lastly, I have
on my right bum cheek. Long story short, my university (which is the one that appears in that picture; Brunel) has a charity called RAG (Raise and Give) and the mascot is this little rubber duck. So I said that if I rasied £1000 I'd get it tattooed on my bum. And I did. So, it's all for a good cause, and it's funny. So yeah. Nice little rubber ducky. Just the duck, not the red frame, or "Brunel", or the little glisten in its tail.

Captcha: trickle down.
I don't like that I was talking about my arse and then this was the captcha...

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
Want to get Michael Moorcock's chaos star on my right arm. (Chaos Undivided to you WH40K fans)

Like that but flat black

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
I got my first one last year. It wasn't the one I was trying to get (apparently I managed to design the first tattoo to ever defeat my tattoo artist... Kinda cool, but it means I need to rework it), but it's kind of a protective thing, for lack of a better word. I have a weird thing with numbers, and nine is kinda the god of all numbers to me. I can explain it better, but it sounds just as nuts.

Excuse the crappy image quality and the pile of ironing I'm sitting on...

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o595/hungrypurplecactus/tattoo001.jpg

The one I'm going to get in a few months time is my own design of the vegvisir: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/Vegvisir.svg/220px-Vegvisir.svg.png