Tattoos!

DeadlyDad

Aug 23, 2009
Before you do something permanent, I would start by printing your design on temporary tattoo paper (for both inkjet [http://www.texascraft.com/hps/product.php?productid=16182&cat=286&page=1] and laser [http://www.texascraft.com/hps/product.php?productid=16546&cat=304&page=1]), and seeing how well you like it. You get 5 full letter-sized sheets for less than $15, so you can try lots of different versions of your tat.

Once you have decided on what you want, you only have three questions remaining:
1. Is it something (in a normally visible location) that a job interviewer/mother/etc. can see and appreciate?
2. Will it still have meaning to me 50 years from now? (or even 5...)
3. Is it something that will still be admired 50 years from now?

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
I have a Celtic symbol and quote on my shoulder and my Eagle Globe and Anchor (aka a Marine Corps "Stupid stamp" on my shoulder blade.

The only advice I can give you is to get ink that truly represents you, and to design it yourself as much as possible.

Also don't be a pussy, the tattoo gun doesn't hurt that much

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Latinidiot said:
Do you have any idea what you want? you sound a little vague, and that's the last thing one wants.
No ideas right now. I'm just brain storming designs and styles. I wouldn't go and get something obnoxious I'm going to hate in 10 years though. I'm not that stupid!

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I have a Majesty insignia, it's the logo for my favorite band, Dreamtheater, it's 3 greek letters on top of each other, look up dreamtheater in google images and you'll see what I mean. The point is, get a tattoo you are passionate about. And as it was said by the marine, tats don't hurt much, the most you'll feel is the lines, so if you want a tat of a building with pretty windows then get ready to have a whale of a time.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I don't have any, but if I got any I would get "Detect, Deter, Observe, Report" or something from Professor Layton or Warhammer...

Also, before getting it make sure that it would look cool for the rest of your life, because you're pretty much stuck with it. I've seen people with tattoos that say "Fuck off" (no seriously, I've seen it before... in real life) and stuff like that... I can't imagine showing something like that to your grandma...

Also, since no one else has done it, check out this page [http://www.cracked.com/funny-298-tattoos/] because while it is funny, there's a lot of truth to it.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Personally i don't have one YET, but one of my friends got himself a nice, burning skull on his back once when he was drunk.

He still hasn't removed it.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Don't seem to have an actual pic of my tattoo anymore. I wonder what happened to it. Anyway, I have a modified version of the Campbell Clan crest on my left arm just below the shoulder. I had a buddy combine to different versions. It came out looking awesome. Here's a pic of the basic idea. That pic is pretty close to what I have but not exact. Also, it's not colored as I'm not a fan of colored tattoos for some reason.

newfiegirl 110

May 10, 2010
AK47Marine said:
Also don't be a pussy, the tattoo gun doesn't hurt that much
Umm...that depends. I have a trinity knot on my ankle...and it hurt like a *****. The artist told me that it was because the skin is so thin over the ankle bone that the needle was actually thumping the bone as well. It didn't kill me though...lol, and I would consider getting another. This one was most important to me though as it represents some of my best friends who have passed on.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Tats are a major strike against a girl as I see it. Huge turnoff. I go for smooth skin, natural beauty, and all that other crap.

Esseff

Aug 4, 2010
I have a full sleeve on my right arm (w/ chest piece) and a half sleeve on my left. Over 24 hrs of work now... there's a lot of things in there.

My advice is, print a photo of what you want for your first, and put it somewhere you'll see it everyday... stick it on a wall. Leave it for a few weeks, and if you haven't gotten tired of it by then, get it.

I would also not recommend getting religious tattoos (or political) as your first, unless it's something extremely important to you. I was going to get a cross on my back as my first one -- glad I didn't. If it's something that you have even a slight doubt you might change your position on in the future, I would rethink it. At least for the first tattoo.

I have a few I "regret" (that is to say, I don't feel the same about them) but I know at one time I felt strongly enough about it to get it tattooed, so I don't feel bad. lol

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
If I'd get a tattoo it would be either a Liverbird

(because I am a Liverpool fan) on my chest, left side I think, or a gaming tattoo. I even have ideas about combinations of my favorite games, would remind me of my childhood/youth and it would be tribal styled because the logo form star fox looks amazing in a "tribal art style"

and I actually tried to combine logos of StarFox, Zelda and Metroid in photoshop but that didn't work out too well, it was just an experiment thou.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Reynard Wrecce said:
Got a 'Straight Edge' and a crucifix on my chest
Nice. I'm planning on getting sXe quite large on my back when I turn 18.

Basically in whatever space is left after I get "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." on my upper back. I figure that of all the places on my body to cover with ink, I might as well fill up my back. Its pretty plain and easy to cover if I needed to.

Back on topic:

Other than the tattoos I already listed I'll be getting a red star somewhere. If there was no consideration of covering it when I needed to it would be on the inside of my left wrist, and I might still get it there. It would just be really hard to cover though, so I'm thinking about other places.

edit-

Oh, and some other suggestions that people I know have.

My brother got the feet prints they took of his daughter on birth tattooed on the tops of his feet. This is a good tattoo because I don't predict his first born child ever falling out of favor with him.

Also, someone I know who is a huge superman fangirl got a superman symbol tattooed a little bit above her right breast. Thats decent because she probably will continue to like superman, its small and it can be covered easily.

Just be sure to think of something that means something to you in at least some small way that will stay with you.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Deadlock Radium said:
Hubilub said:
Do that! You'll be the world's tallest Batman! :D

I don't have any tattoos and I don't think I'll get one either.

EDIT: Hubilub, why don't you get a Ninja Monkey tattoo that changes colour? If that ever becomes possible, then you MUST do that!
My friends big brother got a Superman logo (yes the S inside the diamond) in the middle of his chest... I have no idea why or what the story behind it is but that's certainly something I'd never do.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I got a tribal dragon on my upper left arm and the Spawn symbol on the upper right.

I've been wanting a new tattoo for quite some time now (the dagger tail from Prince of Persia: Two Thrones, wrapped around my right forearm), but the only decent tattoo shop around here is the guy from the local Hell's Angels, and I'm not going there in a million years.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
This is mine, I am getting it finished off (tricep area) on the 9th of October.

http://www.myspace.com/omega_666