Taylor Lautner Fan to Universal: "The Wolfman" ripped off "Twilight"

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
So apparently a big fan of Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob in the "Twilight" films, didn't like the recent film "The Wolfman" very much. More to the point, she seems to be under the impression that this film infringes upon the intellectual property of one Stephenie Meyer, the genius mind behind the best-selling widely-acclaimed novels upon which the earth-shattering film franchise is based.

Read on, my lovelies:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/open-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247#idc-cover

This post has been brought to you by the letter S and the number 5.

S for Sarcasm and 5 for the letter author's IQ or shoe size. Or both.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
So apparently a big fan of Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob in the "Twilight" films, didn't like the recent film "The Wolfman" very much. More to the point, she seems to be under the impression that this film infringes upon the intellectual property of one Stephenie Meyer, the genius mind behind the best-selling widely-acclaimed novels upon which the earth-shattering film franchise is based.

Read on, my lovelies:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/open-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247#idc-cover

This post has been brought to you by the letter S and the number 5.

S for Sarcasm and 5 for the letter author's IQ or shoe size. Or both.
Dude this was posted up here not even 2 days ago...Serious repost and I almost never call repost on something...

OT: yeah the person who sent that in is retarded, or maybe trying to be funny

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
There was a thread about this the other day. The Twilight fan was called a troll then, and shall be called one now.

How people do not know that werewolves and vampires have been in literature since the dark ages is beyond me.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
yeah...i made the first thread about this 2 days ago =P sorry http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.176349-Proof-that-Twilight-fans-are-stupid heres link =P

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Well since the other one got locked.

Holy shit this is hilarious i've been reading the comments for 10 minutes and i'm still laughing. I think there was a lot of trolling going on in those comments but the dumbassery was still there.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Well, I didn't see this when it was posted 2 days ago, so I'm glad it was reposted. My favorite comment from that page, courtesy of Samantha:
HURR DUUR says said:
I'm a Twilight fan, and this chica is clearly a poser. First of all, every Taycob fangirl knows that New Moon poster is photo-shopped - not his real body. And, Jacob isn't even a real werewolf. It is declared in Breaking Dawn that the wolf pack are in fact merely shape shifters (its genetic in their tribe) and the animal form they take just happens to be wolves. So, she wins extra dumbass points for not even fully comprehending a series she so vehemently loves. *shakes head*
And you win super bonus batshit points for debasing her on her own terms. Another one, this time from Poly Cruz:
BUCKA BUH emits said:
Even though I am a huge twilight / Taylor Lautner fan I have to say that they didn't completely rip off twilight. As you all know (If you read the twilight books) that at the end of
Breaking Dawn, Edward said that Jacob's pack were shape shifters, not werewolves. So they are not technically ripping off Twilight.
Technically what's happening is that Steph is fully aware she's borrowing some of the oldest mythology in modern horror repertoire, so she has blandly adjusted it to make it only passably different from the familiar bits established by Universal Studios. Of course, you all know that, as you all read the books. Right? [small]I mean, I didn't, but I'm fairly positive this is what's happening. Hack writing follows rather predictable patterns.[/small]

Of course nothing rings so sadly pathetic as this from the e-mail of topic:
DERP derped said:
If I made this movie, I would be ashamed to even admit that I owned it. How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet?
Fucking sigh.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
aaaaaaand..... you're dumb. Honestly? "The Wolfman" ripped off of "Twilight"? how stupid can he be? I mean I know he's a celebrity and all, but wow.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Is there even words to describe how stupid this person is? Jesus, it's like someone was beat to stupidity with the Twilight seris.Even ignoring the fact that if anything, Twilight ripped off the wolfman or some other werewolf story, she called the Twilight wolves transformation real looking, plus she has never heard that werewolves are generally killed with silver bullets.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Ah, the stupidity of Twilight fans. You know, normally I'd be annoyed about Twilight being brought up again, but I can't think about that right now because I'm too busy laughing my ass off. Oh yes, and the Twilight werewolves looked more like freaky teens who turn into big dogs. The Wolfman shows what a werewolf aka MAN-WOLF should look like.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
Of course nothing rings so sadly pathetic as this from the e-mail of topic:
DERP derped said:
If I made this movie, I would be ashamed to even admit that I owned it. How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet?
Fucking sigh.
I vote this for quote of the day.

It's a silly argument anyway. Everyone knows twilight stole both vampires and werewolves from underworld. :p

EDIT: just read the link. WTH? Twilight werewolves are just normal wolves? They're supposed to be awesome and huge(like the one from the 'rip-off' movie).

Hell if anything, Twilight just nicked that man-dog shape shifter from Harry Potter. zing.

skystryke

The Tamiami Butcher
Jul 1, 2009
AkJay said:
aaaaaaand..... you're dumb. Honestly? "The Wolfman" ripped off of "Twilight"? how stupid can he be? I mean I know he's a celebrity and all, but wow.
It was actually a Taylor lautner fan who wrote the message not him.

OT: I cannot believe that someone could be this ridiculously misinformed/stupid.
Oh wait, yes I can.