Team Fortress 2 Gets King of the Hill

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Wtf? I thought this would be some type of map scheme from the show King of the Hill. It had potential too.

"DANGIT, BOBBY! Dale's gone an sapped mah sentry!"

Flionk

Nov 5, 2007
Keane Ng said:
What more could a TF2 fan wish for?
A Soldier and/or Demoman and/or Engineer update? Those things we've been waiting for since the first class-based update over a year ago?

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
Armored Prayer said:

Updating the console versions.
i agree when are they gona release the update for the consoles im gettin tired of the same 5 maps over an over :(

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I'm impressed with the balancing amongst all the game modes. I don't think that there will be a medic/heavy dominance in KotH because...

The Scout will allow early captures, Force a Nature can knock heavies and medics off the point, and Sandman puts a hurt on anyone relying on Ubers.

Demoman can drop Stickies on the only capture point, and safely assume that the opposing team is heading to where his stickies are

Pyro can air blast people off the point, and we all know how useful a Pyro is against those tightly packed formations trying to cap a point.

Sniper knows where his prey is heading, that they will be relatively stationary, and are great against heavies anyways

Engies are the linchpin of anything that requires holding an area, teleporters will make reaching the point easier, and prolonged holding of any area is infinitely easier when your next to a dispenser. Even a heavy will need to reload.

Spys can potentially be in back stab heaven in all the insanity on the capture point,

Soldier gets to an elevated position and constantly shoots down at the point, the other team has some major problems.

Anytime 1 or 2 classes seem to dominate a map, its either because an update was just released, or because the other team is overlooking the obvious counter strategy. Every time I have seen a team try to rely heavily on 1 class, it never goes well for them. I think that Heavy/Medic is pretty much always a good strategy, but it won't be unfairly skewed towards them.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Wtf? I thought this would be some type of map scheme from the show King of the Hill. It had potential too.

That would make me quit TF2 forever.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Pendragon9 said:

"That boy ain't right."

Jun 6, 2009
I'm just curious about what else they're going to add. I mean it is all classes, so what are they all going to get? Portable health packs? New outfits? Hopefully not... Grenades?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Chilliman said:
Armored Prayer said:

Updating the console versions.
Why would you not just buy the pc version?
-My PC is rubbish

-I've already spent money on it, why should I have to buy the game again?

-I prefer the 360 ect

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Awesome!

Except I've been playing King of The Hill on the PC version for some months now. Still cool though.

belgariontheking said:
Three minutes is a long freaking time when rockets and arrows are buzzing around you.
Try seven, it's manic.

Table Chair

Jul 8, 2009
Pendragon9 said:

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who thought it was about the show when reading the title

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
I don't get all this talk about heavy/medics dominating. Surely you've seen a point taken from entrenched defenders before, right? Holding back a coordinated, determined assault is never as simple as just choosing heavy/medic and letting the sasha and the ubercharge do the work. I don't see why this mode should be any different on that score.