Team Fortress 2 - Your most cherished item

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
I had an unusual stout shako with sunbeams once.
Made me quite happies!
Then it got stolen when I left my account accidently logged in...
That was completely fucking stupid, and absolutely my fault. :/

Since then I haven't really cared too much about any items. I had a strange festive rocket launcher for a bit that I liked a lot, but I traded that for torchlight 2, which I don't regret. I've had I think 2 other unusuals, but I didn't like them very much so I traded one for some games and gave the other to a friend.

glyphseeker

Sep 19, 2010
I'd have to say that my item would be my troublemaker's tossle cap that's painted orange only because it has the remnants (rebuilt it) of my 1st hat i ever got from a drop.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I probably would trade just about anything if someone seriously overpays enough, but there's more then a few things that I don't try to trade away. Just to name a few

Genuine Brain Bucket and Road Cone

Yeah they're not worth much nor are they the best solly/pyro hats ever made, but PvZ was a x-mas present that I got a LOT of fun out of, the fact that these two hats came later for free was just icing on a awesome cake.

Genuine Pip Boy

Also not worth that much but I did buy a game that I pretty much got no value out of so rather hold on to this one just to get some worth out of my money. Not that Fallout:NV is a bad game, it's just turned out to be not my cup of tea.

And finally my Teddy Roosebelt

Got him at a discount and I don't care if I can easily make a profit it's too cute to give up. :)

Reevesith

Aug 7, 2009
I would say my fav item would be my max head, mostly because I loved the old cartoons & received the game for my b-day ^^ it really made my day, had no idea they made sam & max games.

Did lose a friend over it o-o; he wanted to record & delete my spare max head, saying something like he had to prove that tf2 was a game to people who thinks its not.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
My bright pink Vintage Hound Dog. plus the addon of a Pink All Fathers Beard makes it all the sweeter.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
I have a couple of Bill's hats that friends gave to me, so they're naturally at the top of the list.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Finally getting my Sniper's Trophy Belt and Villain's Veil was awesome. Really finishes the gunman look.

After that I got a Strange Sniper rifle, which made me even happier. Sadly I don't play that much so it takes a while to rake up kills. Sadly it doesn't work retro-actively as I had already played over 150 hours of Sniper before I got it.
Z of the Na said:
To remember the moment forever, I purchased a Name Tag as well as a Description Tag for my new minigun, christening it with the title "The True Meaning of Christmas" with the tagline "Have a holly jolly respawn, tiny baby man." To this day I have wielded this weapon, racking up nearly a thousand kills at the time of this writing.
Shitway really? I remember getting shot by that thing (and shooting it right back). Do you happen to play on any LotusClan servers?

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
http://www.tf2items.com/id/stackbabbinbumscags
Page 5, my Rather Festive Tree.
First hat that dropped for me, and I just love it, the jigglebones on it is wonky so it pulsates and looks like it's throbbing, which I find to be rather amusing.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Shitway really? I remember getting shot by that thing (and shooting it right back). Do you happen to play on any LotusClan servers?
Wow, heh, small world. Yes, I do play on LotusClan servers (despite the reputation of being filled with people who far outclass me in skill level). If it helps you remember, my Heavy wears the Copper's Hard Top, the Security Shades, and the Purity Fist (RoboCop Heavy, haha). As for his weapons, the aforementioned Strange Festive Minigun, my Sandvich, and the Apoco-Fists.

Does that ring any bells?

If not, this is me. [http://steamcommunity.com/id/datzach]

hoboman29 said:
You willing to trade one of those festives (rocket launcher or wrench)
Sorry man, not for sale. ;)

Dr. Thrax said:
Dear lord you have no idea how much I want your The Infernal Orchestrina on page 6.

You aren't perhaps willing to trade for it, are you? :3

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I have a strange Eyelander.
God I love demoman. So much fun. Only got it recently though, got about 100 kills with it so far... .

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I've been outdone already, but...

http://tf2b.com/tf2/item/76561198010673437/306085911

It's all right.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
My Ghastlierest Gibus because it's from 2009 and since 2009 all my classes wear this hat.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/yuval152

It's kinda odd that it's not vintage.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
My whole damn Medic set. My green German Gonzila, and my S. set which consists of an S. Crusader's Crossbow (Sometimes Syringe Gun), my S. Medigun, and my S. Ubersaw. Wouldn't you know I have more kills on my S. Ubersaw than any other strange I own? About 800 or 900-something.

I also love my V. Foster's set, because really, who DOESN'T love Mr. Foster?

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
God-damn fucking community/self-made items. Making us all feel so insecure.
*ahem*
I don't want an unusual enough to condense down my backpack, so it's either my self-crafted clean Teddy Roosebelt (It's so cute!) or one of my Named Stranges.

My Flamethrower is called The Rebound Effect, and its Flare is called The Long-Distance Relationship. If I tried for a Pyro unusual I'd love a Circling Hearts, so it matches my 'Relationship Set'. :3
My favourite is my medi-gun, named 'Pharmacological Assistance'. It's relevant to my Pharmacology degree, and I main-ed Medic for ages. Some guy said it was the worst name he's ever seen though, which kinda hurt.

Nose through my wonderful Backpack:
http://www.tf2items.com/id/bobmus