Team Fortress 2's Spy Gets A BFG

crackdealer

May 9, 2009
Lord_Ascendant said:
holy crud, thats a pretty awesome gun. I think I like it :)
Yeah it seems cool, but first I want to know the cool down timer. And besides I'm more prone to stabbing people as a spy not shooting them. But all in all its damn cool.

AveryR

Jul 16, 2008
they showed off the first sniper weapon as a teaser to the update like a week or 2 ago ... its a jar of pee.. >_> no joke

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
From the achievments they released, it looks like the gun may be able to get headshots, or at least do bonus damage when hitting the head. Just assumptions and rumours at the moment though.

And revolver can be useful, no matter how loud, without a panic. For ranged kills, or on an engi thats built himself into a corner, or to finish off a sentry/dispencer quicker once its been sapped. (Rather then trying to fight an engi head on)

Gonna have fun playing the pyro when these updates hit though :D Hopefully valve will do a free weekend/discount weekend when it hits (which might be this thursday/friday judging by past updates, it is a bank holiday weekend after all!)

AveryR said:
they showed off the first sniper weapon as a teaser to the update like a week or 2 ago ... its a jar of pee.. >_> no joke
*sigh* that was an April fools joke, so unless valve are feeling especially cryptic it wont... be... in the... update... huh, kinda possible after recent events tbh :/

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
SirSchmoopy said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
I thnk the major drawback to this gun would actually be the loud and relatively distinctive "BANG!". For a spy trying to conceal themself, its going to be distinctive enough that it'll alert the other players.
You like... Must not play this game. If you are at a point where you are fireing your pistol, it doesn't matter how loud your gun is and even if for some reason you still feel it does the current pistol is one of the loudest BANGS in the game already.

I'm going to want to see the damage this gun does before I decide how decent it is but right now I would assume you are trading DPS for burst and depending on how much it is will decide it's worth to me.
I'm taliking a really, really distinctive sound, on a level far above the shotgun. Considering its the spy, giving him heavy damage and brutal accuracy is just making his whole spy thing redundant. All other upgrades seem to practically help the classes main function, but this.....
That's what I was thinking. It seems like this might make the spy a wee bit too powerful.

AveryR

Jul 16, 2008
WolfLordAndy said:
From the achievments they released, it looks like the gun may be able to get headshots, or at least do bonus damage when hitting the head. Just assumptions and rumours at the moment though.

And revolver can be useful, no matter how loud, without a panic. For ranged kills, or on an engi thats built himself into a corner, or to finish off a sentry/dispencer quicker once its been sapped. (Rather then trying to fight an engi head on)

Gonna have fun playing the pyro when these updates hit though :D Hopefully valve will do a free weekend/discount weekend when it hits (which might be this thursday/friday judging by past updates, it is a bank holiday weekend after all!)

AveryR said:
*sigh* that was an April fools joke, so unless valve are feeling especially cryptic it wont... be... in the... update... huh, kinda possible after recent events tbh :/
that totally should be in there, melee with a broken jar of pee stinking up your enemies... hmm....

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
CoverYourHead said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
SirSchmoopy said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
I thnk the major drawback to this gun would actually be the loud and relatively distinctive "BANG!". For a spy trying to conceal themself, its going to be distinctive enough that it'll alert the other players.
You like... Must not play this game. If you are at a point where you are fireing your pistol, it doesn't matter how loud your gun is and even if for some reason you still feel it does the current pistol is one of the loudest BANGS in the game already.

I'm going to want to see the damage this gun does before I decide how decent it is but right now I would assume you are trading DPS for burst and depending on how much it is will decide it's worth to me.
I'm taliking a really, really distinctive sound, on a level far above the shotgun. Considering its the spy, giving him heavy damage and brutal accuracy is just making his whole spy thing redundant. All other upgrades seem to practically help the classes main function, but this.....
That's what I was thinking. It seems like this might make the spy a wee bit too powerful.
Its not to be used like the minigun or flametrower. Most of the time you only going to get killed by it(after the first month of bumping into teams with 10 spies.) when you chasing an uncloacked spy or something.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
AveryR said:
Actually, that was a joke.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Wellby said:
:D awsome! so what is the sniper getting?
A crossbow, a tribal shield with a car battery on it and possibly one of these for final upgrade:

1)A Bladed Boomerang or any sort of Boomerang.

2)A jar of Pee

3) Boxing Kangoroo

4)Koala disguise

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
oliveira8 said:
CoverYourHead said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
SirSchmoopy said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

Its not to be used like the minigun or flametrower. Most of the time you only going to get killed by it(after the first month of bumping into teams with 10 spies.) when you chasing an uncloacked spy or something.
I guess it all depends on how powerful they make it. Since it's Valve, I'm sure my fears are groundless.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Wellby said:
:D awsome! so what is the sniper getting?
A crossbow bow, a tribal shield with a car battery on it and possibly one of these for final upgrade:
Fixed :D

Anyways, I want to see the damage increase, I think I might use it.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Daye.04 said:
Wait, what? Does that mean that the hat-idea actually went through?
Next time you're on TF2, check the personal load-out for each class, there's a seperate slot for headgear now.

Will the hats make any significant difference to the game? Or will they just be for style? Either's fine by me.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
oliveira8 said:
CoverYourHead said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
SirSchmoopy said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

Or, if the Spy is standing there with his disguise activated, lining up a headshot from the other room. Shoot, kill, cloak, disguise. Rinse and repeat to kill the other team without needing the knife, and pretty much vaulting the only real limitation on he Spy.
I doubt it's a one-hit kill (especially since, unless you're using the Sniper Rifle as a Sniper, headshots do not do more damage in TF2). Also people tend to spycheck someone who's standing still. The only benefits to The Ambassador is that it has zero spread and does more damage. But it's still going to be a last-ditch weapon for most spies, especially the good ones.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
sounds more like bling bling than of any real use, doing my time as an spy i have only used the gun in "OH SHI-" situations, as when a twitchy pyro for no reason starts flaming up the joint or when im trying to backstab someone who goes uber. i was kinda hoping for a butterfly knife that gave 100% crit chance from behind even if you weren't disguised, but i guess that would be a tiny bit overpowered.

any who, looking forward to the dead ringer spy watch, but i guess people will only fall for that the first week.

also a fireproof cloaking device would have been nice instead of a flow breaking recharger.