Teen Hacker Admits to Sony Attacks

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
"I got punished for not obeying the rules, so naturally my completely rational response will be to hack a mayor video game publishers site and upload a virus!"

Truly this person deserves the title of honor student!

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
addeB said:
Hah, this kid should get a medal.
No way. You don't have to be smart to create a botnet and attack a server. You only have to read a few articles and know where to look for the software. There are whole botnet tools on the internet with some companies even providing support on how to use them.

Apart from that, I hope the little sucker is pissing his pants. He's a cheater. I friggin hate cheaters.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Self-entitled little script-kiddy was lucky to get off with a slap on the wrist. He basically knocked out service for tens of thousands, if not millions, of customers just because he got his just desserts for failing to play SOCOM correctly.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
And this could've been much worse if people were playing Assassin's Creed 2. No online = no gaming for anyone.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
scarab7 said:
He admitted it? Was he feeling nice or did Sony send it's legion of followers to find him?
^ The Legion of followers one.
apart from that I'm glad the sucker got caught and I hope manual labor is the punishment. nothing like watching some scrawny little shit pick up trash on the side of the highway in the blistering sun.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
stabnex said:
Seriously, why get such heavy blowback from such a bad game?!
Was thinking the exact same thing.

Really, I mean of all shit to get pissed off about. Christ, I've seen fist fights at the local gaming cafe over Counter-Strike clan matches, and that feels less retarded.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Wait, wait, wait...
The PS2 had online support?
That is the only thing I walked away from this article with.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
scarab7 said:
He admitted it? Was he feeling nice or did Sony send it's legion of followers to find him?
Legion of followers been the lawyers? XD

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Hubilub said:
"I got punished for not obeying the rules, so naturally my completely rational response will be to hack a mayor video game publishers site and upload a virus!"

Truly this person deserves the title of honor student!
I know it's a terribly uncool position to have, but I say he had it coming. Another self-entitled dickhead with an obvious victim complex. A year or two of community service would do him some good.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I'm noticing the PlayStation website [http://us.playstation.com] is actually pretty badly hammered right now. I wonder if we've got some copycats/protesters of this DOSing it now.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
JWAN said:
scarab7 said:
^ The Legion of followers one.
apart from that I'm glad the sucker got caught and I hope manual labor is the punishment. nothing like watching some scrawny little shit pick up trash on the side of the highway in the blistering sun.
Pfft, here in Alabama, that's the punishment for being late to school too many times! Hard labor in AL consists of digging ditches (deep ones at that; 20' wide and 10' deep on the interstate, half that everywhere else)... in the blistering Deep South sun... while correctional officers with rifles and bloodhounds mock you.(and no, I did not just steal that from O' Brother Where Art Thou, they stole that from real life!)

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Tiamat666 said:
addeB said:
Hah, this kid should get a medal.
No way. You don't have to be smart to create a botnet and attack a server. You only have to read a few articles and know where to look for the software. There are whole botnet tools on the internet with some companies even providing support on how to use them.

Apart from that, I hope the little sucker is pissing his pants. He's a cheater. I friggin hate cheaters.
Yeah i hate cheaters to.... Maybe he shouldn't get a medal... But Sony still owes him a
"thx, kid" for the heads up....