Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' New Leonardo Is a Jackass

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Kmadden2004 said:
So... what's the point in hiring actors to provide performance capture for these roles, if all they're going to do is just dub over them?

Were the original performances really bad, or is this just stunt casting to get headlines now?
*cough*Darth Vader*cough*

It's not unheard of. If you ever get the chance look up David Prowse's on set line readings for Darth Vader, and imaging how they would affect the movie if he wasn't dubbed. Sometimes, mocap guys just aren't cut out in the vocal department.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Wow that's... ya know what I like Johnny Knoxville. He's got experience in front of a camera, I don't doubt he has some acting chops. Could work if the script was good (and im sure it wont be.) Trying to imagine his voice saying leonardo shit right now and I can definitely hear it.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Uhm...no. Knoxville would make a better Mike. Also Shalhoub shouldn't even be in the production. Hell, the whole project shouldn't be in the production.

But hey, maybe all this negative hype will lower my expectations so much, I may actually like it. It didn't work on Street Fighter or Dragon Ball, but maybe it will here...

And if you believe that, Origin is also the best thing since the PC was invented.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Kmadden2004 said:
So... what's the point in hiring actors to provide performance capture for these roles, if all they're going to do is just dub over them?

Were the original performances really bad, or is this just stunt casting to get headlines now?
*cough*Darth Vader*cough*

It's not unheard of. If you ever get the chance look up David Prowse's on set line readings for Darth Vader, and imaging how they would affect the movie if he wasn't dubbed. Sometimes, mocap guys just aren't cut out in the vocal department.
Darth Vader's helmet doesn't have a mouth. The turtles, on the other hand, have uncanny valley human ones. While it certainly is possible that the actors will do a great job in dubbing it, I'm not holding any hopes up for it.

OT: Well...at least the new cartoon series is still good. Just need to repeat that a hundred more times...

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
Asians? What Asians? We have a Rat and four Turtles... all of whom grew up in New York, raised primarily by 80s TV.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
is Leonardo wearing badly made bamboo armor over his SHELL in that picture?

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
There is no face palm big enough for this amount of fail.

Well, maybe there is...

Knoxville would be good for someone like Mike or Donny. But Leo... That does not compute.

All the more reason to beat Michael Bay senseless with a boat paddle for his long history of shitty film-making.