Tekken 7 x Street Fighter

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
So I just came back from getting my breakfast/lunch roll from the shop and I log in, as you do.
Then I saw this fucking thing:

Since the train wreck that as Street Fighter x Tekken, I've been wondering if Namco would ever make their version of the game, mostly because I really wanted to see how Street Fighter would play in Tekken mechanics (That and the ACTUAL 3D Street Fighter games were...kinda shit)
The story in game is that shit is getting SO fucking up the Tekken world with the Mishima family basically managing to start a war big enough to be a COD game.
So Kazuya's Mother sics Fucking Akuma on them, I can't tell if that's jumping the shark or not.

Hey, Only thing that can stop a bad guy with Demonic power...

So, thoughts from our resident Fighting Game Escapists?

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Shame Ryu's busy in Smash-land beating up Cloud.

Also, if Kazuya's mother is in this, does that mean we're going to see Ogre again?

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Not a fan of guest characters in general but I gotta admit I like what they have done here. As for Akuma I dont hate or like the character but I do wanna see what goes down :).

Was not really that interested in Tekken 7 I played all the Tekken games up to and including 5 but 3 and especially 4 really rubbed me the wrong way and while I liked 5 I was just feeling burnt out by the time it arrived. I have played the game in arcades now and despite a stupidly short timer for character select and only 4 stages in single player arcade (wth Namco) I quite liked the game and am ready to get back into it. I really enjoyed playing Kazumi the other new characters not so much but Kazumi was/is great.

Akuma looks like he may be fun as well (heres hoping). Now we just need Tifa to cameo in it as well and Cloud to cameo in Soul Calibur 6.

RawSteelUT

Mar 8, 2015
I can't help but wonder how Akuma's going to do in the Tekken combat system. Wouldn't it be super easy to side-step many of his specials?

He's going to have to have some added combos to make him a lethal character in a 3D environment.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
It's cool in my opinion. both series producers: Ono and Harada, are big friends of each other and this is just another example of it. Story wise it is weird, but I never thought of Tekken as this well written thing. harada stated he is still working on Tekken X streetfighter, but nothing official has been showed so far. I guess Akuma is more a test for the SF mechanics in a Tekken games.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Diablo1099 said:
So, thoughts from our resident Fighting Game Escapists?
Does this mean that you and Ninja will be enemies in the AA? :p

Apart from that, very interesting.
If I had to say what my main fighting game is, it would be... WWE.
Kidding, it would most likely be Tekken, especially with the disappointment that was Soul Calibur 5. (My personal opinion)

Akuma is a good addition, and it will surly provide the story with a crazy twist, not only that, it'll attract any die hard Street Fighter fans. The question I have though, is that will it also be the other way around? Will there be a great Tekkan character in Street Fighter 5?

In that case, my bet is on Roger.
That fucker is crazy.

Overall though, this actually makes me want to buy the game, which is good.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I dunno, Recently it seems that the new rule was that every modern fighting game has to have at least one crossover character, and since Street Fighter is best bros with this series, I wasn't too shocked.

Hell, this isn't even the oddest character from another series to be in the Tekken universe. That has to go to Gon in Tekken 3. Or how about that time Tekken crossed over with one of the Naruto fighting games? Or Soul Calibur and Spawn? (Are Soul Calibur and Tekken in the same universe?)

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
With the nerfed side step, Tekken 7 already plays like a 2d fighter, so I guess Akuma's not out of place. The trailer was kush though, I'm likin' the new default costumes.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
EyeReaper said:
I dunno, Recently it seems that the new rule was that every modern fighting game has to have at least one crossover character, and since Street Fighter is best bros with this series, I wasn't too shocked.

Hell, this isn't even the oddest character from another series to be in the Tekken universe. That has to go to Gon in Tekken 3. Or how about that time Tekken crossed over with one of the Naruto fighting games? Or Soul Calibur and Spawn? (Are Soul Calibur and Tekken in the same universe?)
I think it's somewhat implied they are, mostly because of each game's Yoshimitsu.

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
Tetsuo said:
With the nerfed side step, Tekken 7 already plays like a 2d fighter, so I guess Akuma's not out of place. The trailer was kush though, I'm likin' the new default costumes.
Wait, nerfed sidestep? What happened to it? Please tell me it doesn't take ten seconds to actually happen or anything.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
DemomanHusband said:
Tetsuo said:
Wait, nerfed sidestep? What happened to it? Please tell me it doesn't take ten seconds to actually happen or anything.
It doesn't come out immediately, I think it's like 3 or 4 frames before your character starts sidestepping after you've done the input. Japanese and Korean players have complained about getting hit by stuff they use to be able to avoid in T6/TTT2.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Non-existent fire of desire for Tekken 7 is now as strong as that of a single match.