Tell me your Rage-Quit story

300ccs of medicine

Apr 9, 2009
I've noticed my gaming lately has increased in this practice. It had honestly been a number of years since I guit a game in a fit of rage, and the last time involved exploits in multiplayer. I've had a few recent ragequits though, and I'd like to see if anyone else has.

Rainbow Six: Las Vegas
Yeah, I know, this game came out a while ago, but I finally got around to playing it. I ragequit after getting head shotted by a random dude with a shotgun for the sixth or seventh time....on the tutorial level.

"Tank" Universal
I put tank in quotes because the game should be called faffing about universal. (I'm channeling yahtzee here a bit.) If you are unfamiliar, this is a tron-like indie game about driving tanks around blowing stuff up. But they seem to want you to do a lot of other non-tank non-combat related things. I came to a scene in which an old electronic man told me that I...I feel stupid for saying this...That I needed to ride one of his goats to meet the elder of their villiage or something. A glowing blue electronic goat. Hoping it was a cut-scene, I mounted the glowing goat. The game then played the theme from The Lone Ranger at ear rape levels, demanded from me a quicktime event to stay on the goat, which then immediately ran into a pool of hot lava. I then respawned, the old man laughed at me, and suggested I try again. NO, I replied, no I will not try again.

Anyone care to share their latest and greatest rage quits?

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
The last boss in Resident Evil 5. QTE hell.
I was playing it on co-op, but decided to quit because the one thing the friendly AI seems to be good at is hitting buttons very fast.
That games sucked anyway.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
One time someone just like you made a thread that someone has already made many many times and caused many beloved members to get pissed off and leave... this thread has been DONE and DONE and DONE!

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Final Fantasy X-2. Got two hours in before my rage finally exploded. "THIS ISN'T FINAL FANTASY!!!!!" and quit.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Left 4 Dead, Dead Air on Expert.
Our team consisted of
Me
Cpt Ragequit
A Guy who only spoke Chinese
and a socially awkward teenager.

First guy ragequit after being boomed on, only after blindly incapping half our team with his shotgun while shooting randomly. The Chinese guy was an okay player, but he kept screaming in Chinese, and he eventually quit.
Finally, fed up with the idiots that I got paired up with, I dropped out and left the last guy to die.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
a loooooooooooooong time ago, i played the second kingdom hearts. but the way the sun entered the room, no matter what i put the brightness on or or where i moved the tv, i just chould not do the underworld level for herculese. it was just impossible 2 see, all i saw was my reflection.

also the final boss for killzone 2. if you look under the trophy list their is a trophy for beating him in under 20 minuests. it is considerd rewardable, for beating him in a little under a half hour. plus the fight was as hard as hell. i was fine up untill the dudes with rocket launchers showed up. a few weeks later i was able to beat him by accidently going into the wall, kill all the infantry, and get a checkpoint so i chould kill myself and spawn at the final 2 on one battle. plus its a well.... can somebody tell me how to do that spoiler hide thing?

shaltir

Jul 3, 2009
ghost and goblins....and i know i'm not the only one

EDIT: and a few times in WoW when the bosses were glitching out.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
On the Red Faction : Guerilla I almost ragequit but then I decided I will beat the demo and just not buy the game:)

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I have a button bound to /quit on afew games, but never rage if its like 5v5 where each person counts. I only slam that button when I cant aim.
You cant ragequit from TF2 either, it just doesn't make you angry.
Ragers in L4D are stupidly irritating, bots would be better if you controlled them at the same time yourself.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Psychosocial said:
I don't rage quit, only losers do. :p

No but really, rage quitting is lame. You can't just give up.
You have never faced the invulnwallhack with a sledgehammer.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I was playing Ridge Racer Type 4.
Last race before I was champion my controller malfunctioned, right before finish, causing me to not win.
This happened 3 times in a row.
I walked calmly over to my PS1, pushed the power button and unplugged the controller.
I then took the controller outside and beat it to dust with a sledgehammer.

AND IT FELT GOOD!

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Super Mario Bros !

Do i really need to give a time or a explanation ?
cause we have all played that game and we have all come to a certain point where we just brake into a rage shouting from the top of our gaming voices "YOU MOTHERF"CKING KOOPA !".

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
It is normal to sometimes lose. Someone has to. Ragequitting is admitting defeat on the highest level, which is emberessing.

So: I do not ragequit. I alwas play my rounds to the end and if the game demands it i play the whole campaign (for example Left 4 Dead), no matter how much i get my ass kicked.

The only time i leave before that is, when the other party is excepionally rude and assholish. (Banter and taunting is ok and fun, but i won't listen to a 8 year old kid repeatedly screaming he is going to f*** my mother)

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
fenrizz said:
I was playing Ridge Racer Type 4.
Last race before I was champion my controller malfunctioned, right before finish, causing me to not win.
This happened 3 times in a row.
I walked calmly over to my PS1, pushed the power button and unplugged the controller.
I then took the controller outside and beat it to dust with a sledgehammer.

AND IT FELT GOOD!
I laughed so hard !!!

infact i am still laughin ! ahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAH

300ccs of medicine

Apr 9, 2009
Quitting a game session, in a fit of rage or not, isn't the same as 'giving up', imo. When a game or game experience is doing something that isn't fun, at all, I'm just not going to keep playing. I have no need to finish a game for the sake of doing so, it's not me vs the programmers, in a battle of endurance, I paid money for a game that I expect to entertain me, and if it fails to do so then I will at the very least give it a rest.

Oh, and I'm sorry that this thread has been done before and I wasn't there. Hope you don't mind if we have fun doing it anyway.

Aug 13, 2008
i nearly quit cod waw until it glitched and failed to load on the enemy AI after i died for like the 100th time in a row
similar thing on the conduit, but i just stuck with that game and managed to finish it on the 2nd hardest difficulty which made me happy

i did actually rage quit sonic heroes though, way too glitchy, broken and stupid level design - one of the worst games ive ever played
a fiver was too much for it

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Psychosocial said:
I don't rage quit, only losers do. :p

No but really, rage quitting is lame. You can't just give up.
This.

I kinda rage quit once during a L4D scrim when we confirmed that the other team rigged their server. But it was less in rage and more in disgust for the cheaters.