Tell Sony how to Make the PS3 Better!

Apackof12Ninjas

Oct 12, 2009
Lets my list for what it would take for me to rebuy my PS3

1:Backwards compatibility.
2:Better Online service
3:Voice chat with anyone on my friends list in any game at any time.
4:Dualshock controllers (dont know if its standard nowadays or no wasnt when I owned a PS3)
5:Better online gameplay that actually makes me want to get a PS3 game for its online gaming rather then Xbox live

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
I think Sony would probably do PS2 BC in a year or two without us having to ask for it. It just makes so much economic sense. The PS2 library, even if you only count the ones published by Sony, is a goldmine that rivals the old Nintendo stuff. As of now it's second on the requests list, about 400 votes behind cross game chat (2760 for cross game chat, 2370 for PS2 BC).
Some notable ones that showed up were MGS4 trophies, universal party system, and my personal favorite, having Kevin Butler host the Sony press conferences!
That would be just epic. Kevin Butler would be so much more awesome than Kaz and Jack Tretton.

EDIT: Another nice one would be PSP emulation on the PS3. This one is probably really easy. I think I can even do it already, just by sticking the PSP emulator for PC onto the PS3. Running it from linux would be horrendous on the system resources, but the PS3 may be able to handle that.

MORE EDIT: Some more ideas I saw on the blog. NTFS HD support (which I really want, so that I don't have to partition my external HD), PSN Store on PC/Mac, and deactivating PS3s. That last one is a must, having a 5 PS3 activation limit is reasonable, but having to call Sony and jump through a few flaming hoops just to get the old ones deactivated is bullshit.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
If you think that Sony will seriously even CONSIDER this then you are only fooling yourselfs.

I have sent DOZENS of ideas to them and nothing.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
PreviouslyPwned said:
mrdude2010 said:
how to make the ps3 better...
replace its controller with the 360 controller
replace "trophies" with "achievements"
give it better online support
stop overrating its exclusives
stop trying to develop a motion controller!!!
there i fixed it.
This, this, and this again!

PS3 is a great console, but the controllers are so crappy.
They have been this way since 1996. Live with it. Sixaxis is a bit crappy for shooters, XBOX controller is a bit crappy for fighters. And the online support works fine for most players. Also, there is nothing wrong with the PS3 exclusives. INfamous was great, both Uncharted were amazing, MGS4 can be played with a stake dinner and a beer, Wipeout HD looks and plays awesome. Yeah, some of them are overrated but hey, par for the course. Sony may have released some overrated games, like MGS4, but none of them can compare with the ridicule that was ODST. A 6 hour campaign and the EXACT same multiplayer for 60 bucks. Nice.

What's with all the BC? I thought people bought the PS3 to play PS3 games. If you are that desperate to play PS2 games, get a PS2. It's not like it's expensive or anything.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I got a great one but I'm not sure sony is going to fulfill it ever

Sony give me a free PS3

that always works for Stephen Colbert

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
katsabas said:
They have been this way since 1996. Live with it. Sixaxis is a bit crappy for shooters, XBOX controller is a bit crappy for fighters. And the online support works fine for most players. Also, there is nothing wrong with the PS3 exclusives. INfamous was great, both Uncharted were amazing, MGS4 can be played with a stake dinner and a beer, Wipeout HD looks and plays awesome. Yeah, some of them are overrated but hey, par for the course. Sony may have released some overrated games, like MGS4, but none of them can compare with the ridicule that was ODST. A 6 hour campaign and the EXACT same multiplayer for 60 bucks. Nice.
You know what's hilarious? the fact that none of those titles you mentioned were a killer app. None of them. Not one. That is the problem with the PS3 exclusives. They aren't memorable enough. Killzone 2? Hyped to all heaven and now people are saying it wasn't all that's cracked up to be. The same has been said of every other PS3 exclusive, most recently MAG, which apparently only had 256 players going for it because other than that it was a generic shooter. Also, real class act there going after ODST, after Bungie already admitted they severely bungled the marketing for it. But that isn't the point. What is the point is that Microsoft had its killer app in Halo 3. Sony has not had a definitive killer app for the PS3 or the PSP and that more than anything is why they've had trouble (moreso with the former than the latter).

Oh and I can beat you in the ridicule game as well. Remember Lair (another exclusive I have to add)? Remember how it got shitty reviews? Remember how Sony decided the reason it got bad reviews was that people didn't understand how to play it so they sent instructions to the reviewers? Yeah I think that's far more ridicule-worthy than a case of bad marketing. Bad design will always win (lose?) in the end.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Huh. That's funny. Where's the "Make European PSN not crap" suggestion? Guess I'll have to make it myself...

I'm not convinced that this will lead to much service than Sony has offered so far, especially for anyone outside of America or Japan, but I do hope I'm wrong. If so, then this is certainly a great idea.
AceDiamond said:
katsabas said:
You know what's hilarious? the fact that none of those titles you mentioned were a killer app. None of them. Not one. That is the problem with the PS3 exclusives. They aren't memorable enough. Killzone 2? Hyped to all heaven and now people are saying it wasn't all that's cracked up to be. The same has been said of every other PS3 exclusive, most recently MAG, which apparently only had 256 players going for it because other than that it was a generic shooter. Also, real class act there going after ODST, after Bungie already admitted they severely bungled the marketing for it. But that isn't the point. What is the point is that Microsoft had its killer app in Halo 3. Sony has not had a definitive killer app for the PS3 or the PSP and that more than anything is why they've had trouble (moreso with the former than the latter).

Oh and I can beat you in the ridicule game as well. Remember Lair (another exclusive I have to add)? Remember how it got shitty reviews? Remember how Sony decided the reason it got bad reviews was that people didn't understand how to play it so they sent instructions to the reviewers? Yeah I think that's far more ridicule-worthy than a case of bad marketing. Bad design will always win (lose?) in the end.
Three One word: LittleBigPlanet. That is all.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Backwards compatability and cheaper.

JD.
Damnit you magnificent ninja! I was going to say the backwards compatability. It might convice me to get a slim if my 60gb ever dies *knock on wood*.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I have no gripe with the PS3.

Except ofcourse that GoW3 just ended. *sob*

Bradd94

Nov 16, 2009
Digikid said:
If you think that Sony will seriously even CONSIDER this then you are only fooling yourselfs.

I have sent DOZENS of ideas to them and nothing.
^Look, odds are you're right. But I don't think it really matters? Sony most likely will not care what a few Escapists are saying, but It's still making a good discussion, isn't it?

OT: I'd have to say maybe stick the L2 and R2 buttons, as opposed to the wobbly way they are now? I mean some people are in favour of it, I found it irritating. All opinionated of course.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Andronicus said:
Three One word: LittleBigPlanet. That is all.
One more word: Haze
No i joke, that game was terrible.

OP: I've already clicked the link and i'm looking through other peoples ideas.
Getting ready to post my own.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
The fact that it has no games. Nah, but if it would be a little bit cheaper it would be great :)

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I honestly can't think of any way to make it better.

Seriously, I'd say its my favorite system next to PS2.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Give me, Resident Evil Outbreak #3 or make 1 and 2 available on the network, and I will be sooooo happy. :D

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
Why do people who have no interest in BC believe their own lack of interest is the gold standard for most gamers? Just because YOU don't care about it doesn't mean only a small number of gamers care about it. The fact it reached the #2 position in suggestions is proof that a lot of gamers want it.

I've never owned any Playstation, but there are a handful of PS2 games I'd still like to play. I am proof not everyone who wants BC already has a PS2. Having BC would be one more feature that would help me justify buying a PS3. Why don't I just buy a cheap PS2? Because I wouldn't trust a used one to not die quickly, and a handful of games aren't reason enough for me to buy a new one for $100.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
AceDiamond said:

What one guy here said, Little Big Planet. Also, trying to experiment and not getting it the first time through (Lair) is better than releasing a paint job for me (ODST). And hello, not memorable enough? INfamous had killer gameplay and I, at least, will remember it for that. Wipeout's visuals are also right up there. Not every exclusive has to be the -BEST GAME EVAR- on a console, hell, every console of every generation has had messy exclusives.

About the PS3 excs, if YOU don't think they weren't memorable, that doesn't mean the rest of the gaming world shares your opinion. I don't. Sony had a rough time beginning with the PS3 so it shouldn't come as a surprise that some games they released were crap.

Finally, killer app for PSP? Try Dissidia.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
TheGreenManalishi said:
Megacherv said:
TheGreenManalishi said:
John Funk said:
At the moment, the three most popular topics are: "Copy Multiple Game Saves at once," "Trophies for PSP," and "Trophy, Presence, and Profile APIs." Obviously coding takes a long time, so these won't happen within the week or maybe within the month, but hopefully this service will put these things on Sony's radar. Good job with this one, guys!
Not PS2 BC?
Because it's almost impossible
Now, I'm not the world's best thinker, but try and follow my logic.

They had software emulation in PS3s before, therefore, they could do it again, if they wanted.

Shit, I would buy a disc with the software loaded on if Sony couldn't put it in an downloadable update.
I see your logic, and I see where you're coming from. But the software emulated PS3s still had the PS2's graphics chip (the Graphics Synthesizer). The hardware ones had the Graphics Synthesizer AND the Emotion Engine.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Everyone! I call you to support the suggestion for a Team ICO collection! (Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on a Blu-Ray for PS3). It's the perfect opportunity to let Sony know what we (I) want!