Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
trollnystan said:
binnsyboy said:
Well... I'm magic!

Okay, uh... Patrick Stewart is a family friend, I'm descended from Scottish lords, and I lost my virginity quite young and in a field. I'm preparing to raise wolf cubs at some point in my life. I'm going to join the Royal Marines after university. I have the weird ability to do almost anything if I'm interested, and people doubt my ability to do it. Sort of like a "challenge accepted" reaction that fixes me firmly on the task ahead.
I am now your best friend (shut up, don't argue, and stop struggling it'll only make the ropes tighter); point me towards Mr Stewart please!
I see... if it interests you, he keeps a house on my uncle's moor, and they get along quite well. My uncles are quite close to my parents, as we all live in the same village, too. Recently, we've been dealing with a rabbit infestation for Patrick Stewart, as he wants to landscape his garden. I think he's renting the place out, which is a slight shame. Then again, maybe that means he'll visit more to deal with landlordy type things.

killcheese

May 18, 2009
I play disc golf and can drive over 400 ft. I also speed a little more then i should when i drive.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Knusper said:
Why? How many people are in the league table all together?
The last exact number is 82,846 in 2005. It is estimated to be 80,000 people in 2010. I am known as a "Class C player" (being A-J). There are five rankings above that in the USCF. If I get high enough in the USCF, I can get a FIDE (Fédération Internationale des Échecs aka World Chess Federation) which has even higher ratings. Ratings have a sort of logarithmic curve to them in that it is harder to gain points the higher you go. There are 2 people who have gotten higher than 2800 rating, which is double my rating.

Marter said:
I've written almost 450 film reviews (444 to be precise), although only 353 are currently published. And I haven't been paid for any of them as of yet. I've also only been writing them for 13 months now.
That is impressive since that is more than one per day.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
binnsyboy said:
I see... if it interests you, he keeps a house on my uncle's moor, and they get along quite well. My uncles are quite close to my parents, as we all live in the same village, too. Recently, we've been dealing with a rabbit infestation for Patrick Stewart, as he wants to landscape his garden. I think he's renting the place out, which is a slight shame. Then again, maybe that means he'll visit more to deal with landlordy type things.
Ta for the info! Now to figure out a way to get to Scotland without spending any money whatsoever...

I am very jealous of you, although if I'd grown up with Patrick Stewart as a family friend I probably wouldn't be geeking out over this as much as I am =P

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
The first thing that comes to mind, I have tumor on my knee. It's called Osteochondroma. From what the doctor told me, as long as it doesn't hurt, ignore it. What's weird about it is that I think I've had it my whole life, but it wasn't until about 2 or 3 years ago did I realize I didn't have a boney bump on my other knee.

I'm also working on a HL2 mod with one of my friends, progress is...slow. But at least we're not one of those mod teams that tries to create a bunch of hype around it only to abandon the project.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Brutal Peanut said:
I am married, and stay at home and do all the stereotypical wife stuff because no one has called me back for an interview on all of those damn applications/resumes I sent out. Some men and women hate being at home, but I honestly quite like it and my Husband isn't at all bothered by it.

My friend and I are also thinking of starting our own business. We have the location, we have the idea, now it's just the elbow grease to get this thing off the ground.

Neither of those things are uniquely interesting, but it's what I've got. lol
What is the business?

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
Music
I LOVE GOOD rap(believe me, not all of it is sex, drugs, and violence. I hate lilwayne too), rock, and almost anything by Frank Klepacki or Clint Mansell.

iactuallydonthatebeiberbutidontlikehimallthatmucheitherimneutralidontseemyselflistingtohimatanytimebutidontewantokillhimlethimbe.

Don't try to read that.

I hate being called smart. Hate it with a passion. Even with college courses in 11th grade I hate it. HATE IT.

I love being the only one who knows the answer in class.

I honestly think I might be insane or bipolar to some degree.(see above two)

I'm terrified of inadvertently hurting others. (Which may be a reason for the smart thing.)

I do everything I can to hide genuine emotion. No idea why.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
Brutal Peanut said:
My friend and I are also thinking of starting our own business. We have the location, we have the idea, now it's just the elbow grease to get this thing off the ground.

What is the business?
She already owns the property, so we plan to clean it up. It's in front of the house she lives in and faces a busy street. We both seem to be crafty ladies, she makes candles, scented items, jewelry, and she's also a gifted painter. As for myself, I have made wedding items for more then a few weddings. Place-card holders, favor boxes, and the like. Perhaps get an order or two in.

I'm not sure exactly what name that type of business falls under. Homemade Crafts Shop, perhaps? A 'Buy the junk we made' shop? lol

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
I'm currently working on getting a restraining order against my father.

I'm hopefully going to Australia around March but I'm scared of missing my very first Anime Convention. :X

I draw comics and write short stories for a living, which is why I'm the daughter my family doesn't like to talk about much.

I went to prom with my gay best friend in my junior year of high school.

I have ginger hair, but very Asian facial features. So in short, I'm pretty damn ugly.

I'm mostly bisexual, but I like to play it up in public with my female friends by cuddling them, holding their hands, calling them sweetie, and kissing their cheek.

I think I might be in love with my childhood best friend. I think I might also be in love with Stephen Merchant. Also, Gordon Freeman is dreamy.

I have unmedicated ADD and sometimes I think I might have Asperger's, but I reckon I'm just really eccentric and awkward.

I'm not a morning person, but I have Advanced Classical Literature at 8 am followed by Physics ay 9 am. I may be a masochist.

I never wear shoes.

On Wednesday I am cosplaying as either Karkat or Tavros from Homestuck, then on Halloween I'm a Headcrab Zombie at the local Zombie Walk, and theeen if I'm back in time for my very first Anime convention, I'm dresing as Chell.

I like to talk. A lot.

Malgan

Jun 23, 2009
My brain can pick up things and spew it out as convincing bullshit. When I was 12-14 I used it to make friends with everyone, and pretend to share knowledge about their interests.

Nowadays, I only use it do discuss computers with the superior nerds in my class. They have no clue that I don't know shit about hardware, hacking or overclocking.

It was also usefull for getting through school, just pick up some random words and bits while playing tetris, and put them together in a somewhat logical way and use complicated formulations to confuse the teacher and you have an instant A without studying!

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I'm a comedian and a writer. I'm not good at either of those things. Also, I can put my foot behind the head!

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
i can do complicated maths in my head if i'm given enough time without writing the working down. i do have to re-do some calculations though, to help remember the answer.
i also have a plan for any situation which requires mass homicide in self defense, vigilantism or dealing with a one night stand with all of my friends.

and i'm loosely related to the guy who wrote 'White Christmas', but his wife (who's related to me on my father's side, and whose grandfather shares the same name as me and has an Engineering Department named after him at the University of Reno) was disowned by her father for marrying a Jew, so she lost the family fortune (irony alarm).

and i'm a furry, and one day dream of seducing Jesus.

Evelynia

Jul 18, 2011
Redlin5 said:
I'm very nice, I write stories, I'm very spontaneous and I spend waaaaaaaaaaay too much time here.

Trumpet player, gamer, filmmaker, dog lover...
I'm pretty sure you're actually me, just sayin'. Aside from the qualities mentioned by my aforementioned clone here, I also write music and sing constantly whenever nobody's around. I'll just narrate whatever I'm doing in improvised tunes of various styles.

...I'm so cool.

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
I have a very diverse resume. Kmart Cashier ("Associate"), Commercial Salmon Fishing in Alaska, Telemarketer (I quit quickly), Intelligence Collection for the NSA, Construction (ran a concrete pump), Secondary School English Teacher, and Office Manager for an international engineering firm.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Brutal Peanut said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Brutal Peanut said:

What is the business?
She already owns the property, so we plan to clean it up. It's in front of the house she lives in and faces a busy street. We both seem to be crafty ladies, she makes candles, scented items, jewelry, and she's also a gifted painter. As for myself, I have made wedding items for more then a few weddings. Place-card holders, favor boxes, and the like. Perhaps get an order or two in.

I'm not sure exactly what name that type of business falls under. Homemade Crafts Shop, perhaps? A 'Buy the junk we made' shop? lol
The name of the shop can be "Stuff Men Hate" haha. Sounds like a cool idea to be honest.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
xXAsherahXx said:
Brutal Peanut said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Brutal Peanut said:

What is the business?

The name of the shop can be "Stuff Men Hate" haha. Sounds like a cool idea to be honest.
Haha! That would probably draw in more people then you think, and thank you. ^_^ I hope it pans out well.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
I just got a girlfriend ten minutes ago and Im ready to take on the god damned world!

Oh, and i hate bees

I really fucking hate those bees

Like so much i want to buy a flamethrower and chase them away

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
-If I drink red wine I won't go to sleep for a long time and somehow it triggers my insomnia, so I pretty much avoid the stuff if I can. I know there's something in it that does it, but I don't remember what it's called.

-If I'm listening to music I will end up walking and talking in time. I know it's because I play a few instruments, but I've never been in a marching band, I was in the orchestra, so that one is lost on me.

-I can't scream. I can yell really loud and can project my voice, but I can't scream. Rather inconvenient if you ask me.

-I have written a several short stories and have edited them from time to time, but I haven't done anything with them. They're currently hanging out in a flash drive, which is collecting dust at the moment.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Trivun said:
I can write utter bullshit also, a talent I used to be crap at (hence getting Cs in my English Literature AS-Level), but now am good at, using it to scrape through parts of my old uni coursework (for Maths no less) after honing that skill on the forums of this very website. Yes, The Escapist enables me to write bullcrap...

Also, I have a talent for writing fiction, mainly dialogue. Which is useful as it's allowing me to pursue an interest in film-making (alongside editing and directing) and allowing me the chance to be co-writer on a videogame.

Finally, I have a weird tendency to, when bored, imagine the tactical situations that could be played out militaristically in any place I happen to be. I can identify entry points, choke points, vantage points for snipers, key tactical locations to hold and mount an ambush or to hold a defensive line - and this is in modern and ancient military situations. I basically have a rather tactical mind, sadly never put to any use save when paintballing (something I found not too long ago I'm surprisingly good at) since I opted not to join the military when the RAF said they wanted me straight from school instead of going to university first (which my heart was set on).
Are you me? Or an alien imposter pod-person?

OT: I've always been told I'm academically talented, but this first year of university psych. studies is kicking my butt thoroughly, and I'm beginning to question my adeptness at this whole thing.

I also tend to talk to myself constantly, sometimes getting answers, other times not, but it always helps to pass the time.

My apartment is less than five minutes from the world's northernmost brewery.

Which also means I live in the arctic circle.

I used to do tae kwon do - mostly the competition variety - but quit when all the good coaches left.

Next year, I may jump on literary studies rather than try to get into a bachelor's degree in psych., although nothing is written in stone yet, and this semester has been less about psych. and more about arbitrary bullshit.

Due to being a bit of a book lover, I've got the complete works of william shakespeare on my shelf, as well as quite a few good fantasy books.

I left my xbox about 1000 US miles away, at dad's place, because I wanted to be more focused on school work and sociable. So far, I've only grown miserable, and could use something to do that does not involve reading.

I got 9 mandatory books this semester, so having most of my entertainment here be...books, was a less-than-smooth move. I keep getting this thing where I scan the page, but the words don't stick.

Also, I fucking love animals, especially dogs. I really want one, but circumstances won't allow it.

That's...about it, I suppose, for now.