Telltale Drops Walking Dead Hint Via Vine

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Telltale Drops Walking Dead Hint Via Vine

[vine=b3gbMwUuD1x]

Anyone seen Vince?

There's no way to tell whether this is Season Two, or something to do with the "more Walking Dead before Season Two" that story consultant Gary Whitta mentioned a short while back [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122361-Telltale-Is-Bringing-More-Walking-Dead-Before-Season-2], but Telltale Games is dropping hints via Vine as to its latest Walking Dead content. Who is this Vince fellow? Is he a hopeless alcoholic, or is that fruit juice in his cup? It's Day 2 - presumably Day 2 of the zombie apocalypse - and things aren't looking too good for Vince. At least, not if people are putting up notices about him.

The Walking Dead is Humble Weekly Sale [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121365-Telltales-The-Walking-Dead-Grosses-40-Million], so if you haven't already given it a go, now might be a good time.

Those who played The Walking Dead will remember that Telltale advised keeping your game saves, against the day when it'd bring dead and the walking thereof back to their PC, console or mobile device. Yet if this new installment is genuinely starting on Day 2, working that into the save data might be a little tricky to arrange, which argues for the more content option hinted at by Whitta. Or perhaps not; with a reveal as short as this, it's difficult to say anything for certain. Except that there's a Vince in there somewhere, of course.

Source: Vine [https://vine.co/v/b3gbMwUuD1x]

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
I'm presuming that Season 2 will be out for current gen if it'll work with previous save data.

Hope they continue with the great story telling the first instalment had.

Dec 14, 2009
[HEADING=1]Awwww yeah![/HEADING]

I need me some more feels.

Nothing gets rid of the old feels reservoir like TWD game...

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
As long as we learn what happened to Clem and the others, I don't mind playing as a different group or something like that. Played through on my Xbox and got it for PC recently in the TTG Humble Bundle, so if it links saves and the game is on next gen machines and PC, I have a PC and don't have to worry about a new console.

Daystar Clarion said:
[HEADING=1]Awwww yeah![/HEADING]

I need me some more feels.

Nothing gets rid of the old feels reservoir like TWD game...
They've set the bar pretty damn high, so I wonder what they'll do to bring us something as good without retreading. That said, I'm a TTG fan in general, so I'll get it either way.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
He may not be an alcoholic, but the lady behind him sure is. Though I worry about his zombriety level.
I'm more interested in which acronym the TTG shirt stands for.
I thought it was just 'Tell Tale Games'? Or am I being stupid again.

Blue Baby

Oct 9, 2010
It will be hard for me to care as much about this season as I cared about the first one.

We'll see...

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Currently it's starring in the Humble Indie Bundle, ...
It's part of a Humble Weekly Sale, not part of a Humble Indie Bundle.
The two are not the same thing...

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Oh, I hope there's a dog in the next game.

I don't know why, I just really want one.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I just finished up episode 4 and damn....why did I wait so long to play this game? I'll be all over another one when it comes out because....well, holy crap!

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011

Oh yes.
Either way this is excellent news.
Take it away Troy.

Now bring me back Vampire Abed.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Well whoever is putting the notice up seems to have dark skin (or doesn't wash often). It could be Lee. Maybe Vince is an old friend of his?

I'm currently on episode 4 so I have no idea what kind of a state Season 1 ends in. But I do know that I want more.

boradam

Jan 14, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
Well whoever is putting the notice up seems to have dark skin (or doesn't wash often). It could be Lee. Maybe Vince is an old friend of his?

I'm currently on episode 4 so I have no idea what kind of a state Season 1 ends in. But I do know that I want more.
I think TWD Season 1 started on the first day with Lee enroute to the prison, so I don't think it is Lee putting up the notice. I'm wondering if the focus isn't supposed to be on the Vince poster, but the black lady on one of the other posters. She kind of looks like Christa and seeing this is a hint and all, they may just be trying to hide it.

mKeRix

May contain sarcasm
Oct 17, 2010
Well, this is certainly something new. Maybe they're going to make a little "prequel" in other way than a game? Or Day 2 is just to be understood as Season 2.

The weird thing is that the 2 persons that were walking across the cornfield at the end of season 1 have the same models as Doug and Ben. Both of which are dead.

Ripped from the game files.

boradam

Jan 14, 2010
Sseth said:
Why does everyone think this is alluding to TWD specifically? They are also developing a game called The Wolf Among Us. I don't understand why every publication is jumping the gun and making that assumption. There is nothing zombie-alluding in that brief snip.

mKeRix said:
The weird thing is that the 2 persons that were walking across the cornfield at the end of season 1 have the same models as Doug and Ben. Both of which are dead.

Ripped from the game files.
Nah there is nothing weird about that. They are just recycling content where they can as it saves time and they figure it is impossible for anyone to get a close look at the silhouettes (without stripping the files out like that)
Mainly because Fables doesn't have anything to do with taking shelter from a disaster (that I know of), and this snippet shows a note saying to do exactly that. It just has the feel of TWD.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Sseth said:
Why does everyone think this is alluding to TWD specifically? They are also developing a game called The Wolf Among Us. I don't understand why every publication is jumping the gun and making that assumption. There is nothing zombie-alluding in that brief snip.
Probably because it doesn't suit the cleaner, more colorful comic-booky art-style of Wolf Among Us:

The Vine hint is extremely dirty and has mostly earth tones and generally looks exactly like the in-game Walking Dead graphics than anything Wolf Among Us has yet shown. The graphics for Wolf Among Us (though running presumably on the same engine as TWD) takes a LOT of ques from the Fables comic which looks extremely different from TWD comic's dirtier and grittier art-style.
EDIT:
Sseth said:
boradam said:
Mainly because Fables doesn't have anything to do with taking shelter from a disaster (that I know of), and this snippet shows a note saying to do exactly that. It just has the feel of TWD.
Oh okay, I missed that notice. Now it makes more sense thank you
... Also that too. Heh, my bad on jumping the gun there.

Furism

Sep 10, 2009
The only thing I regret about the "First Season" was the lack of polish. You couldn't remap the controls, so if you didn't have a QWERTY layout (more countries than you think are in that situation), you had to switch the mappings from Windows. And the bug with DirectInput, where it crashes the game under Windows 8 (and only W8) if you used a X360 controller was never solved (short of downloading a patched DLL from unknown people on Internet, which is as unsafe as it can be).

The great story did however compensate for those two (albeit important) shortcomings for me.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Furism said:
The only thing I regret about the "First Season" was the lack of polish. You couldn't remap the controls, so if you didn't have a QWERTY layout (more countries than you think are in that situation), you had to switch the mappings from Windows. And the bug with DirectInput, where it crashes the game under Windows 8 (and only W8) if you used a X360 controller was never solved (short of downloading a patched DLL from unknown people on Internet, which is as unsafe as it can be).

The great story did however compensate for those two (albeit important) shortcomings for me.
Aye, I agree that I'd love to have seen the ability to remap the controls. I didn't have any problems with it as I'm used to the QWERTY setup, but my girlfriend is not much of a gamer and she'd have preferred using the arrow keys and the numpad instead (would've loved to watch her play through it, did a bit, but the controls bugged her and took her out of the moment I think).

Still, minor complaints to such an awesome game. Can't wait for more :)