Telltale Needs Help Developing Back to the Future Games

MasterSteef

Mar 3, 2010
I can't wait for this game, and now that I know that they are making a new Jurassic Park game too.....all is well in the world. :)

dicai

Jun 4, 2009
Great scott! The repercussions of Teen Marty and Present Day Marty meeting and working together would be catastrophic!

But it's nice that they ask for a little consensus among us, gamers.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
3rd person action sandbox game. Using the Hover board (in 2015) or the DeLorean Time machine (when traveling between different time periods) to get around.

If you make this, Telltale, then I'd buy it. But NO POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE GAME. The series wouldn't be appropriate for a Point and click adventure game. Also, see if they can reprise Michael J Fox's role as Marty, and Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Brown.

Wouldn't that be better?

Low Key

May 7, 2009
After completing the survey, I certainly hope the 4 ideas I was presented aren't the only ones they are working on. I only liked one of them (the one set in 1938). The others seemed really over the top.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
Low Key said:
After completing the survey, I certainly hope the 4 ideas I was presented aren't the only ones they are working on. I only liked one of them (the one set in 1938). The others seemed really over the top.
Meh, the 1968 one was pretty good too IMO, but those other two are just so god awful and have so many flaws that I seriously hope they were put in just to separate the fans from the fails

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
So it turns out that CRAZY messed up dream I had after watching BTtF late night on vacation before bed was not a dream but a prophecy of a game.

I can tell them this: There should be a huge machine across a chasm: rocky valley style. The Doc takes the top patch in the machine and you take a lower one and progress... details get blurry after that.

My subconscious demands it!

Low Key

May 7, 2009
FungiGamer said:
Low Key said:
Meh, the 1968 one was pretty good too IMO, but those other two are just so god awful and have so many flaws that I seriously hope they were put in just to separate the fans from the fails
Yeah, I rated that one the second best. The one where a Tannen acts like Jason Statham in The One was probably the worst idea I have heard in a long time. Tannens are supposed to be bullies and/or criminals, not cops.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Didn't they already have a Back to the Future game, and wasn't it among the top few candidates for Worst Game Ever made.
I have played the atrocity, I am certain those that have will NEVER buy another Back to the Future game.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Yeah. Because a game made what? 20 years ago is exactly the same game they're working on now.

I'm interested in this one. BTTF is my favourite film and I'm a huge fan of this lot too.

Now if only somebody could work on getting a DeLorian into Red Dead Redemption...

Feb 13, 2008
GREAT SCOTT!

I think the only real way they could do it would be with a sandbox game (A la GTA), but then it has to have a time limit, which sort of destroys the sandbox element.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Honestly, Telltale, you're good at adventure games, to a certain extent at least (I don't like season 3 of Sam & Max) but so far they've been mostly old adventure games. If it's ridiculously hard to make a good sequel to a movie, how are they going to turn them into episodic games? Just let it go Telltale.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Before they look too hard at what might work now, they need to look at what didn't work before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StmuSLHyCy0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZhUNzPdYj8

Sorry it's only available in French, but he still makes some good points.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
FungiGamer said:
Tom Goldman said:
November 5th, 2010. Working together, Teen Marty, Doc, and Present Day Marty finally corner the man who made off with Doc's Time Train. While they argue about what to do with the well-intentioned time-hopper, a scary black vehicle appears out of nowhere. A familiar bulky presence steps out and confronts them. 'Detective Tannen, Temporal Preservation Squadron.' I'm afraid you're all under arrest.'
Oh God, what a HORRIBLE concept. Does Telltale even care about the various flaws with this scenario?!?
Is there something in particular you don't like about that concept or just the whole shebang?

Personally, I picked this as my favourite scenario, mainly because it isn't setting Biff/Biff's ancestor as the bad guy per say. He could just as easily be working for a shadowy evil organisation as genuinely working as a kind of time-cop. And it makes a perverse kind of sense really, besides the other characters, who else has had such a connection to the time warping events of the series? Albeit mostly un-knowlingly, Biff, and Biff's ancestors have been significantly affected by those events, and even affected them themselves in the elderly Griff's case. So it's rather fitting that another of his ancestors should be in such a position.

Doesn't mean though that he has to be a likeable guy, he could still be a royal jerk, just on the side of the law. And remember, being on the side of the law doesn't always a good guy make.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Low Key said:
FungiGamer said:
Low Key said:
Yeah, I rated that one the second best. The one where a Tannen acts like Jason Statham in The One was probably the worst idea I have heard in a long time. Tannens are supposed to be bullies and/or criminals, not cops.
The whole thing being so absurd is why it has the potential to be hilarious.

EDIT: And being a time cop doesn't stop one from being a bully.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
JediMB said:
Low Key said:
FungiGamer said:
Low Key said:
The whole thing being so absurd is why it has the potential to be hilarious.

EDIT: And being a time cop doesn't stop one from being a bully.
"Freeze! You buttheads are under arrest for crimes against the timeline, hands in the air and don't try nothin' smart!!"

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, I suppose they are including the community, which, is always a good thing! I hope they can do something with it, as a Back to the Future game is overdue indeed...no idea if one was ever made back in the older days (I suspect it was) ...but, one for the modern day

Wolfy4226

Sep 22, 2009
How about...a Good game? *instantrimshot.com*

Cause that piece of garbage NES one was crap. >_>

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
I love these guys, I love these guys, I love these guys, I love these guys, oh, how much I love these guys!
I'm putting my faith in them. If there's someone how cam make a good Back to The Future game, it's them.