Telltale Reveals The Walking Dead Season 3 Trailer

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Telltale Reveals The Walking Dead Season 3 Trailer

Telltale's critically acclaimed The Walking Dead series returns this fall with Season 3.

Of all Telltale Game's The Walking Dead [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166918-Batman-Telltale-Game-Upgrades-Engine]. The original series, telling the heart-wrenching story of Clementine and her protector, Lee, basically put the studio on the map, and the second series put you in control of Clementine herself as she struggled to make it in the world gone wrong. Now, Season 3 is just around the corner, and Telltale has given us our first glimpse into it, as well as some information.

In the trailer you'll see Clementine and new character Javier - who is completely new to the Walking Dead franchise. Telltale confirmed that you'll be able to play as both Clem and Javier in the game.

Clementine is in her "early teens" this time around, suggesting a timeskip of a couple years since the ending of Season 2. Your save data will carry over if you're playing Season 3 on the same platform as Seasons 1 and 2, and there will be ways of filling in your player history if you're on a different platform than previous episodes.

[gallery=6283]

The Walking Dead Season 3 premiers its first episode this Fall, though we aren't given more of a solid release date than that. Depending on your choices, Clementine either ended up at the walled city of Wellington at the end of Season 2 (with multiple possible companions), or has been left to wander the zombie-filled wilderness alone. It'll be interesting to see how Season 3 picks up from the multiple endings of Season 2.

Source: TellTale Games [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4HNWdca7MA]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
The animations have greatly improved! ... For this trailer, so who knows if this is going to be In-Game Quality...

I'm so hyped for this season. I wonder what happens to Kenny/Jane and AJ? ... They're probably all dead and will only be referenced in dialogue...

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Mr.Mattress said:
The animations have greatly improved! ... For this trailer, so who knows if this is going to be In-Game Quality...

I'm so hyped for this season. I wonder what happens to Kenny/Jane and AJ? ... They're probably all dead and will only be referenced in dialogue...
It's a fairly small pool of possible companions, which gives me hope that it will be possible to implement them. I guess we will see.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
bigfatcarp93 said:
Mr.Mattress said:

It's a fairly small pool of possible companions, which gives me hope that it will be possible to implement them. I guess we will see.
Odds are if they're implemented, it'll only be for a single chapter to avoid having to make multiple versions of EVERY chapter. And, much like the beginning of season two, I would predict that Kenny/Jane would die early in the chapter if you're with them. AJ is a toss up because unless Clem found someone, I doubt she had everything needed to care for a newborn alone.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
You would think, at a certain point, that zombies would cease being viable. I mean, there are only so many humans, and it's physically impossible for zombies to keep lumbering around forever without some sort of fuel source, so as the humans get better at survival...

Sorry, I know at heart that realism is a little ridiculous in the milieu. I just get a little tired of all the grimness without any sort of sense of endgame. "Just keep surviving so you can get betrayed over and over" gets old.

*sigh* And yet, I'll probably play it.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Clem was 9 at the end of season 1 and through vaarious calculations i worked out her age as 11 in season 2. now it seems like 3 to 5 years have passed, judging by her age as well as the fact that the walker was seriously deteriorated. of course we don't know when it died but in general the walkers have become more and more decayed over the seasons to indicate the passage of time

helwyr

Dec 24, 2015
Country
UK
Callate said:
You would think, at a certain point, that zombies would cease being viable. I mean, there are only so many humans, and it's physically impossible for zombies to keep lumbering around forever without some sort of fuel source, so as the humans get better at survival...

Sorry, I know at heart that realism is a little ridiculous in the milieu. I just get a little tired of all the grimness without any sort of sense of endgame. "Just keep surviving so you can get betrayed over and over" gets old.

*sigh* And yet, I'll probably play it.
Anyone who dies for any reason becomes a walker so there will always be zooooooooombieeeeeeeees

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
dyneira said:
Anyone who dies for any reason becomes a walker so there will always be zooooooooombieeeeeeeees
Well, yeah... But as those survival-minded humans get more and more hardcore, in any group of more than two, funeral rites are all but certain to involve decapitation or something similar to prevent the inevitable resurrection. And how long can the existing zombies go without feeding? And they don't feed on each other, so...

As I say, I recognize injecting realism into it is a little ridiculous.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
I really can't wait for season 3 to come out and I'm glad that Clem is going to remain as one of the playable characters. As I have both previous seasons on Android, PC (Steam and GoG), Xbox 360 and Xbox One, I'm going to struggle with what system to play this on first.

I would like to know how Clem keeps her hat in such good condition. The one I bought from Skybound a couple of years ago isn't faring as well.