Telltale Teases Big Walking Dead Season Two News

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Telltale Teases Big Walking Dead Season Two News

Something scary's due in October ...

Telltale Games, the crazed madmen behind The Walking Dead [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121365-Telltales-The-Walking-Dead-Grosses-40-Million] - aka Clementine's Heartrending Life Story - won't tell anyone what it has in mind for Season Two, but it is willing to say when it will say what it has in mind. Later in October, it Tweets, it'll have "big news" for Season Two. "Who's ready?" it cries. We are! And so's the cat, and Auntie Doris.

It also mumbled something about a Big Bad reveal in October as well, but surely that will only interest fans of 400 Days [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128521-Telltales-The-Wolf-Among-Us-Arriving-October-11th] almost-prequel for Season Two, but that was back in July, and no doubt you've already consumed that like zombie popcorn. But the choices you made there will affect Season Two's plot, so let's hope you didn't set fire to a nun, or something similar.

Can't wait? Pretend you're British, and keep a stiff upper lip. The zombies will be here shortly with more information.

Source: Telltale Twitter [https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/389569334818775041]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Knowing the way Telltale seem to do these things, the news'll be "Oh Season 2 is out next week. Bye!"

And I'll have no problem with that at all :D

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
Bet the news will be broken at Halloween. I'm gonna have to make sure to play it again 'til then and have my save just the way I like it.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Actually I became a Wolf Among Us Fan only because of Walking Dead - I hadn't even heard of the comic books before the game - and I already liked it even more than The Walking Dead after the first episode.

So, Wolf Among Us: Not just for Fables fans, also and especially for Telltale fans!

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
My god, it's been ages since i heard any news about Walking Dead Season 2. So many questions, so many thoughts and hopes.

I'm fairly certain Tavia's group is gonna be overrun

I'm wondering what new storyarches they'll include and what subjects they'll tackle in Season 2.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Oh yes. Between this news and A Wolf Among Us I'm being spoilt.
It is making it rather tricky though, as I'm trying to wait until all the chapters are released before I get either of them.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Blunderboy said:
It is making it rather tricky though, as I'm trying to wait until all the chapters are released before I get either of them.
Why wait? I love the episodic style of these games because it allows you to stop and think about what happened between games, build up anticipation, create your own theories for what you think might happen, and it just greatly extends the longevity of the game in my opinion. Instead of having the game finished in a weekend and moving on, it stays in your mind over the course of several months and makes it much more memorable (especially if the story remains good) IMO

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Sight Unseen said:
Blunderboy said:
Why wait? I love the episodic style of these games because it allows you to stop and think about what happened between games, build up anticipation, create your own theories for what you think might happen, and it just greatly extends the longevity of the game in my opinion. Instead of having the game finished in a weekend and moving on, it stays in your mind over the course of several months and makes it much more memorable (especially if the story remains good) IMO
Fair point. I might pick up A Wolf Among Us soon then.
I know from my experience with The Walking Dead that I vary between playing a chapter once a month to just smashing through three in a day.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Even though I am British I don't think I have the innate ability to keep a stiff upper lip...

Totally excited about this. I'm ready! I'm so ready!

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
From what I've seen The Wolf Among Us has hit it out of the park in the graphical area.
I wonder if TWD will get any upgrades in the visual area.

God this is gonna be awful, first I have to wait till The Wolf Among Us to complete before I buy it and now, probably soon, this as well. This is gonna be the worst Autumn/Winter ever.
Unless they both turn out awful, then I guess I'll be glad I waited.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Who is ready? I am! *raises hand*

I really loved The Wolf Among Us episode 1 and I need my fix of another episodic series from Telltale.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
So both TWD Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us Episode 2? Wonderful! I'll have something to do while I sit inside, playing video games instead of going out to a Halloween party.

Also, I should point out that I'd imagine a fair few of TWAU players are guys who saw it was by Telltale and went to see if they could keep their good game streak up. I certainly am.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Perhaps I should get around to playing 400 days then. I've had for it about a month but seem to want to play other things instead......which is dumb since it's so short. Perhaps this weekend.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
I'm hyped. I don't know what else they can do to me after last season, but I'm hyped.

Blunderboy said:
I only looked into TWD after episode 5 was already out. Marathoning it was great, but I don't think I have the patience of waiting for the season finale this time around.

Gotta kill my chances for inevitable spoilers too...