Telltale's The Walking Dead Grosses $40 Million

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Karloff said:
So your old choices could matter just as much in the second season as they did in the first.
So not at all?

Seriously, this was a good game, and the choices mattered to the player, but they didn't matter to the game. It doesn't matter what you do, or how you choose, the story unfolded mostly the same no matter what. Maybe they ought to make Season 2 filled with choices that actually affect the narrative and outcome of the game, so I have an incentive to play through the game more than once.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Karloff said:
Naturally Connors isn't in a hurry to say exactly what's in store, but don't throw away your old saves. "This all remains to be seen," says Connors, "but we are definitely figuring out how to carry the saves over." So your old choices could matter just as much in the second season as they did in the first.
Oh darn. I was hoping to replay the first season as Scumbag Lee (my first playthrough was Good Guy Lee), but I don't wanna have to play through it a third time just to rebuild my current saves.

P.S. Thanks

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Genocidicles said:
Are there plans to release all the episodes in a compilation? I really don't want to download five separate episodes every time I want to run through a game.
As far as I know, they have released a physical copy of the game with all 5 episodes for about $20 or so. So you can try looking for one at Gamestop or something if you don't really mind it being non digital.

OT: This is pretty good news. I won't hope too high for choices to carry over, but I'm sure whatever they do for Season 2 will still be just as good.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I still need to finish the last 2 eps but the continuation of the series is good to hear as well as the success of the game in general.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
They deserve every penny and more. This game made me cry. It had me cringing away from some of the things Lee had to do, and then there's Clem. She's having to see all this go down during the time when a person decides(or finds out) who they are. It would be very interesting to see who she becomes in the future and how the situation and Lee's actions, affect her.

Quingfang

Apr 16, 2009
Nemu said:
Good for them. My gf bought this for me for Christmas, I can't even get past the first episode due to it being unplayable.

Guess which company is never getting another dime from my household?
Is this an issue with launching the game/errors during the game itself, or has your opinion of the game's quality (or apparent lack thereof) determined that the game is "unplayable?" If the former, that's not really Telltale's fault, and if the latter, I'm curious to hear your reasons why.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
AldUK said:
Can't wait for season 2, it'll be insanely difficult to avoid all the spoilers though. (Don't intend to play it until all the episodes are available.)

Really interested in the talk of a new IP too, wonder what they'll go for? Personally I think a Walking Dead style adventure game with heavy dialogue and story focus would be fantastic in a gothic-fantasy setting like Ravenloft.
All the episodes are available now.. By the way.

OT: super excited for the sequel

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Xathos said:
As far as I know, they have released a physical copy of the game with all 5 episodes for about $20 or so. So you can try looking for one at Gamestop or something if you don't really mind it being non digital.
Yeah I searched around and saw that. Still not released in Europe though.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Quingfang said:
Nemu said:
Good for them. My gf bought this for me for Christmas, I can't even get past the first episode due to it being unplayable.

Guess which company is never getting another dime from my household?
Is this an issue with launching the game/errors during the game itself, or has your opinion of the game's quality (or apparent lack thereof) determined that the game is "unplayable?" If the former, that's not really Telltale's fault, and if the latter, I'm curious to hear your reasons why.
It's a technical issue. I am at a point where I need to be all sneaky to kill zombies to rescue some chick, but the game laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags me to death. I have absolutely no opportunity to make a move to defend myself. Restarting the game and/or the XBox does nothing to help me progress.

Looked it up online and I've found that there are a LOT of other customers who have had similar issues with the hard copy of the game. How would it not be Telltale's fault? They produced the game, it was up to them to properly code the game to disk.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Sight Unseen said:
AldUK said:
Can't wait for season 2, it'll be insanely difficult to avoid all the spoilers though. (Don't intend to play it until all the episodes are available.)

Really interested in the talk of a new IP too, wonder what they'll go for? Personally I think a Walking Dead style adventure game with heavy dialogue and story focus would be fantastic in a gothic-fantasy setting like Ravenloft.
All the episodes are available now.. By the way.

OT: super excited for the sequel
I know, I've finished season 1. I meant season 2.