Terminator 5 Director Could Resurrect Sarah Connor

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
Have Terminator 5 lead in to a reboot for crying out loud. Don't faf it up now! Make an event out of it like DC is doing. And then, after 5, you can name the entire franchise from 1 again.

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
Connor without Hamilton is not a world I want to live in. :(

More seriously; Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor was an empowering female figure for me growing up. As a little girl in the 90's, you really didn't have many- if any, women symbols that were strong and capable in their own right. Sigourney Weaver as Ripley also fit the bill for me. And don't think it went unnoticed that they shared the same director. :)

I understand that time has gone on, and that Hollywood is in reboot-heaven right now. Having a new actress playing Sarah Connor makes sense, but I doubt they'll levy the same commitment that Linda did.

Linda decided not to reprise her role in T3 because of a falling out with her then husband James Cameron. She also stated that the script they were going ahead with lacked elements that the first two movies had; humanity. From what I saw, I have to agree. The result was more about the action than it was about the humanity found in the first two movies.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Adzma said:
Doooooo we really need a Terminator 5? No, no we do not. We didn't need a Terminator 3 or 4 either.
This.

Terminator 1 and 2 are my favourite films of all time and hugely inspirational and important to me. Everything post-James Cameron has missed the mark completely and been bad, even when those products had interesting ideas it still wasn't worth it. Though I will say that Salvation came the closest to another true genuine Terminator film, it was too bad that it had a troubled production and too many flaws to work with. At least it tried to be it's own film rather than wanking off and re-using Camerons material.

Also they even cancelled Sarah Connor Chronicles which was becoming better as it went on, I actually ended up really enjoying the second season (despite too much screwing around and padding in places) and was sad when it got canned by Fox (of course).

Please just leave the series alone already.

Cedric Wilson

Jul 14, 2011
wooty said:
Getting fed up of all these reboots now, movies and games alike. Is there really no more imagination left in the entertainment business anymore?

Pretty soon all we'll be left with is Jersey Shore the movie, or The Hills movie, or Big Brother EXTREME!!!......the movie

I'd be up to see a Final Destination version of Jersey Shore.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Dear God, why?

Not bringing Sarah Connor back, because I don't mind that. Why a fifth Terminator at all?

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Wow, this article delivered three crushing blows when I was only expecting one. 1) Terminator 5 when I had already sung the requiem for the 4th movie. 2) The director of Fast and Furious will be taking charge of this movie. 3) There is a Highlander reboot? Why the fuck?--Unless they can get zombie Freddie Mercury and the rest of Queen to sing the soundtrack, they, the movie producers, can fuck off.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
No_Remainders said:
I think I speak for us all when I say this...

Dear people involved in Terminator...

Please, please fuck off.
Pretty much what you just said.

I hardly liked T3 it was totally screwed up and then i watched 4 and that topped a new level of screwed up because by that time there had been (including the tv series) 4 john connors which just didn't sit well with my enjoyment having a new actor play a character and then look nothing like the original.

I liked Arnie as the terminator i really did and without him it just isn't terminator without him because i grew up with the first two films being awesome and his 3rd appearance was acceptable although the cosmetics done to his face looked obvious.

I don't want another terminator let alone a "reboot" that is set up solely to start a new franchise changing the story almost entirely.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
No. No no no no no! I want my Terminator movie that is set in that future all the other movies keep giving us glimpses of. I want to see hundreds of Terminators walking across countless human skulls. I want to see those giant tanks rolling along the battlefield with the aerial gunships. I want to see ragtag humans jumping into the back of pickup trucks and firing a rocket launcher. I WANT MY LASER GUNS THAT FIRE PURPLE LASERS AND BLOW YOU APART! Why has no one made this movie yet? The future war is the coolest part of the entire Terminator franchise.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Arkynomicon said:
Fiend Dragon said:
Justin Lin. said:
"I think the great thing about this franchise is you have... You can actually have different canons because you have the element of time travel."
NO. FUCK YOU. This is NOT how time travel works and this is a STUPID excuse for a retcon. Terminator 4 was acceptable but T1 and T2 were far better... But they could still probably fit another in even without retardedly abusing time travel to reboot/retcon.

People need to keep the same gog damn pair of boots on SOMETHING. IS NO FOOTWEAR SACRED?
Yeah I agree. The original idea with the time travel was that the Skynet apocalypse was not set in stone to happen. It was merely a ripple from a possible future that elbowed it's way in to the past and that it was suppose to be erased with T2.

I actually liked T4 because it served more like a prequel to T1 rather then tangling things up more with time travelling.
something that they show but people never pick up on is that time can be altered, but it was not done properly. In the end of T2, even though the T-800 kills himself, he looses his arm elsewhere in the factory, hence why Judgement day was delayed.

Also did you know James Camoran made a mini interactive 3D sequel with the main cast of the movie for Universal studios?

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
zombie711 said:
Arkynomicon said:
Fiend Dragon said:
Justin Lin. said:
"I think the great thing about this franchise is you have... You can actually have different canons because you have the element of time travel."
NO. FUCK YOU. This is NOT how time travel works and this is a STUPID excuse for a retcon. Terminator 4 was acceptable but T1 and T2 were far better... But they could still probably fit another in even without retardedly abusing time travel to reboot/retcon.

People need to keep the same gog damn pair of boots on SOMETHING. IS NO FOOTWEAR SACRED?
Yeah I agree. The original idea with the time travel was that the Skynet apocalypse was not set in stone to happen. It was merely a ripple from a possible future that elbowed it's way in to the past and that it was suppose to be erased with T2.

I actually liked T4 because it served more like a prequel to T1 rather then tangling things up more with time travelling.
something that they show but people never pick up on is that time can be altered, but it was not done properly. In the end of T2, even though the T-800 kills himself, he looses his arm elsewhere in the factory, hence why Judgement day was delayed.

Also did you know James Camoran made a mini interactive 3D sequel with the main cast of the movie for Universal studios?
Yeah, but I never bought the idea that a ruined Terminator arm would lead to the Skynet apocalypse. Skynet as we know it from T1 shouldn't even exist because it was never built in the first place as a direct consequence from what happened in T2. Skynet pretty much destroyed itself by trying to prevent it's own destruction.

Also, never saw the 3D movie but would imagine it is not cannon.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Wait, this can work. Just do a sequel to The Sarah Conner Chronicles, if you didn't watch it, whatever, you don't deserve another Terminator movie. I wouldn't mind another movie set in the war, as long as it doesn't suck like Terminator Salvation.

Also, get the hell away from my sci-fi franchise, Fast and the Furious guy. Just please, go away...

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Linda Hamilton did a great job but I don't want to look at her Madonna arms on the big screen. A new set would be nice but it really comes down to casting.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
While i doubt that this could in any way hurt the franchise any further, seeing as it's already plunged headlong into a sinkhole, i really don't get why anyone would think someone still gives a shit about Terminator.

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
Ulquiorra4sama said:
While i doubt that this could in any way hurt the franchise any further, seeing as it's already plunged headlong into a sinkhole, i really don't get why anyone would think someone still gives a shit about Terminator.
Well, Terminator is a part of a lot of peoples childhood so they are milking that nostalgia.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
"Wait, Linda Hamilton AS the terminator! She goes back in time to kill John when KAPLOW! Then there's a train and WOOOOSH. Right before that there's a guy on a bicycle who SQUISH and metal is flying everywhere and BANG BANG BANG CRASH! FIRE! Lots and lots of explosions! Then, her chip gets fried and her legs fall off!"

Actual excerpt from Terminator 5 pitch meeting.