Terminator Genisys - Not the Worst Terminator Movie

Ralancian

Jan 14, 2012
Biggest moan how thus film basically begins by saying T2-4 never happened (no movement on the original judgement day).

Overall this film was fun but is too much of a retread of T2 and it's most interesting question is never answered.
Who sent and why was pops sent to train Sarah Connor. I'm 99% sure due to the bazooka he was carrying he was the one who killed her parents. That coming out would added something to this film as their pseudo parent/child thing was great
Finally never understood the hate Salvation gets it hardly blew me away but I really liked it saw it again this morning and it's fine. Shame they'll never finish that storyline now...

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Gorfias said:
That was an interesting read, thanks for sharing that :D I will admit, I like the idea of how the robot functioned in 3 as well.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
chozo_hybrid said:
That was an interesting read, thanks for sharing that :D I will admit, I like the idea of how the robot functioned in 3 as well.
Got to see 5. You? I liked it. I did not love it but it does not deserve hate. I think those that hate it are judging the movie by what they wanted to see rather than what they did see.

That written, spoilers:

I think people wanted a remake of 1984 Terminator with the time flux/paradoxes changing everything. That would have made a terrific movie. Instead, that portion is maybe 1/2 an hour. The rest of it is an OK Terminator action movie.

I don't know where they go from here. For 30 years, the plot has been, "save John Connor". Well, when he is killed and may never even be born, our main protagonists shrug about it!!!

All the time paradoxes make it so that it is hard to care about what is going on. Nothing seems real or permanent.

Even so, fun action scenes, fun visuals, I actually liked Kyle (though, he does not hold a candle even to the last kid to play him!) The Queen of Dragons is enjoyable as Sarah and Arnie is terrific fun. And we're getting closer and closer to the day I predict when, through computers, we'll have a young clint eastwood shooting it out with a young humphrey bogart between love scenes with Rita Hayworth. They can do anything these days!

Ralancian said:
it's most interesting question is never answered.
agreed: major drama from the fact that, for all they know, Pops was sent to gain Sarah's trust, only to betray her due to programing he may not even be aware of! Have these people not seen the Battlestar Galacta reboot?!?!? They never tell us who sent him!

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I watched it last night. It was actually my 2nd choice behind watching Inside Out again. (Seriously, this has been a weak summer for movies.) It was fun, inconsequential movie. As light and trivial as the popcorn I ate watching it. Emilia Clarke was the best part as Sarah Connor who was orphaned and raised by a Terminator. God! I felt really silly just typing that. I was hoping that JK Simmons would say, "That is not my fucking Terminator!" (I can not stop watching Whiplash.)

I can go on and on making fun of this movie. It just made me want to watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles again. It seems like the only version of the Terminator that ground the series with genuine heart and humanity. Also, kickass lead actresses Lena Headey, Summer Glau, and even the lead singer of Garbage Shirley Manson.