TES Co-Op: Your thoughts

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
I could see co-op working in dungeons without much of a change to gameplay. Scale up the enemies to match several players and it could add something worthwhile.

Of course, the story would have to change a bit. Personally even without multi-player I'd already rather be one of a whole group or class of bad ass warriors, instead of being the undisputed bad-ass on the planet who becomes leader of all the guilds, saves the entire realm, etc.

As far as making an elder scrolls MMO, clearly it would suck if they made it a WoW clone, but Bethesda is one of the few studios I could see re-imagining what an MMO should be.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
no MMO, but a co-op could be nice. I'd love to be able to slay things and raid dungeons and kill dragons together.

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
a mmo is a HORRIBLE IDEA and I think would ruin TES but a 2 player max could be awesome, and here is the way I imagine it working basically the players can talk to anyone they want accept quests ect and if they are both talking to the same person you would do something similar to TOR basically a roll off but you should also include a "I'm going to let my friend answer that option" and then who ever wins the roll does the whole convo and the other person doesn't get to make any choices, also I am against making extra stuff for co-op beyond making it work.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I think Elder Scrolls should do what Final Fantasy didn't: If there are multiplayer Elder Scroll titles or, an Elder Scrolls MMO, it shouldn't be one of the numerical titles. I'm not against the idea of a multiplayer or, MMO Elder Scrolls. I wouldn't play one and, I wouldn't care for one but I'm not against it. I just don't think they should be part of the numerical Elder Scrolls games. To me, the main Elder Scrolls games should remain powerful, deep, huge, single-player experiences.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I would personally LOVE for a TES game to have drop in/drop out coop or, dare I dream, split screen coop. Seriously, that would just be incredible.

I mean, I played Borderlands for months and actually bought DLCs for it (something I very rarely do), all because of the coop. Since a TES game has much more depth, and is much more expansive than borderlands, I can't even imagine how much play time I could get out of it with coop.

Seriously, the idea of a coop Skyrim is making salivate right now.

You said it captcha

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Nah, I'll keep with the singleplayer thanks. An MMO just seems like a not very good idea.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I think it would be pretty neat to have Dark Souls-like co-op in an Elder Scrolls game if they could find a way to make it work. Summon another player into your world to assist you in your quest and whatnot. Maybe have dungeons with selectable difficulty levels designed exclusively for multiplayer. I'd still like the meat of the game to be in the single-player experience, though.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
TES would not need to be an MMO, actually it would destroy it since it would not lend itself to that scale. Though I must say I find it hilarious that when someone says 'coop' people immediatly jump to the conclusiont he person must mean an MMO for what other coop is there?

Heh...
Though coop in the Fable Style (without the orbs cluttering up my game, playing with actual -friends- instead of random passerby's) Where the other person is an asset to the world's owner sound rather good to me.

About the loot. Mwell... I dunno. I guess people need to have the politeness to not yoink things the other person needs. I.e. Learn to share. OR they implent some form of other loot system but oh well.

Besides. You don't -have- to play coop anyway. It's not like Dark Souls where everyone just drops in and out (to kill you that is)

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
A Game Engine needs to be designed around a Network Architecture from inception, this is why so many games nowadays have their multiplayer portions in another engine other than the single player

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
This again.... right give me a minute.

*fetches stepladder and megaphone*

JUST BECAUSE A GAME IS AN RPG DOES NOT MEAN IT SHOULD OR COULD BE AN MMORPG

ALSO

NOT EVERY GAME NEEDS A MULTIPLAYER COMPONENT

If you want to "raid dungeons and kill dragons" in a game go play WoW, in games like this the multiplayer would be messy and unfocused and would compromise the quality of the single player.
This mentality of "gimme mulitplayer in everything" is silly- no game should try to do everything, TES should not ever include a multiplayer component.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
TES desperately needs a coop mode - but definately not an MMORPG version. I would kill for a chance to invite my guildmate on there and RP in Skyrim. It would be amazing!