Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
TheDstryr9 said:
Just won't work. I'm using a laptop, maybe that's a problem? And no matter how much I google, it is the same one. It is for the first game right?
I dunno, try it on a different computer. It is for the original, I believe, but it should work on subsequent games. You know what's supposed to happen, right?

Thy-Art-Is-Awesome

Jun 26, 2009
XxRyanxX said:
Not to really ruin all the determination for others who are working so hard to figure out #4, but here is the biggest hint yet! (Got it from a really good friend, so i'll tell it my way)
Day 2 #4 If you figured out that it's digits showing 1.523a.u it actually means 1.523000 which is distance. It's so massive, it reaches out from Earth to Mars. Now, knowing Greek Mythology, what does Mars represent? That shall be your answer, and this hint is a big give away

Sorry if I offended anyone by posting this, but we are all a team and I feel people deserve to not overstress about this Quiz, that we can overcome it! I personally thank ajluczak and Glamorgan for helping me pass Days 2 with useful Hints!
Mars is Roman you fool.

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
It took me a long while, but I finally was able to figure out how to solve question one, day four.

That was the last one, and once I put in the answer I will get my badge and I will rest easy. By the time Monday comes round, I wish onto all of you a peaceful rest, because after solving these puzzles, we have earned it!

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
OK. Wow. I desperately need a hint.
I'm looking at a comment thread with three responses by people with grammar issues. But... where to from there?

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
BlindChance said:
I'm looking at a comment thread with three responses by people with grammar issues. But... where to from there?
perChAnce you need to Pay attentIon To the pArts of words that Look Somewhat odd. :)

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
C95J said:
cobra_ky said:
C95J said:
cobra_ky said:
No comments.
was that a clue? :p
yes, but not a very good one :/
is it something to do with the (you know what) having no comments?

if so I am guessing the next clue is somehow connected to that...
the article actually has 3 comments.

like i said, i gave a pretty crappy clue. sorry!

BlindChance said:
the grammar issues are the next step.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
Goodness me, this last one is hard.

Mathematicians, fictional and real. It's a fibonacci spiral, I get that, but... I tried entering in the numbers. I thought the six steps might be the number of digits you need, but nope.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
BlindChance said:

Mathematicians, fictional and real. It's a fibonacci spiral, I get that, but... I tried entering in the numbers. I thought the six steps might be the number of digits you need, but nope.
sounds good to me, but you may not be starting in the right place.

Paradukes

Jul 6, 2009
Okay, I have almost all of this figured out (Actually, I already know the name of the last game thanks to Havass' bigass spoiler... Dude that's not a hint it's the f***ing answer) but I'm a bit stumped over the last step.

I'm up to the final sequence, and I get the table I'm supposed to be comparing the numbers to, but what do I do from here?

Is it possible to solve this without using basic chemistry?

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
BlindChance said:

Did you start from 0 or 1? Protip: start from 0.
Paradukes said:
Okay, I have almost all of this figured out (Actually, I already know the name of the last game thanks to Havass' bigass spoiler... Dude that's not a hint it's the f***ing answer) but I'm a bit stumped over the last step.

I'm up to the final sequence, and I get the table I'm supposed to be comparing the numbers to, but what do I do from here?

Is it possible to solve this without using basic chemistry?
What do you mean `basic chemistry'? If you have the right table, then you should notice some numbers on the table.

defult

Oct 12, 2009
I have worked out everything but can still not get 4-2. I have been looking through the fourm for 3 hours and still no luck >.<

I have done the plotting and have no idea what the game is I know its something about the location on the map

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I am definitely on the wrong page but I have no idea where I have gone wrong... :p

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
defult said:
I have worked out everything but can still not get 4-2. I have been looking through the fourm for 3 hours and still no luck >.<

I have done the plotting and have no idea what the game is I know its something about the location on the map
Yeah, location. Now try to think about the game somewhat related to the location. That's really all there is to it.

Sissas

Jan 4, 2009
castlewise said:
Muahahahaha. Took 3 university professors to do it but... here is a hint to get from the 5 mysterious numbers on the black background to the final answer:

Come on come on and meet the elements!
I, like most people, had the answer by leaping (and by "leaping" I mean "olympic-style-pole-jumping") from the mathematicians but was truly frustrated by not being able to figure the url thingy. And then I did. And then this post gave me peace, for now I know what I was supposed to do :p Great ending!!!!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
OK - I'd be able to move further in Day 5 if I had any idea who the person in picture 6 from the top is. Any hints? or I'll take a flat out tell if you think it's not giving too much away, since I just know nothing about celebrities.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
coldfrog said:
OK - I'd be able to move further in Day 5 if I had any idea who the person in picture 6 from the top is. Any hints? or I'll take a flat out tell if you think it's not giving too much away, since I just know nothing about celebrities.
...he did the Quake soundtrack. It's the name of his band that contains the clue though.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Finally. I found 4.1 so hard. entering the code on the page didn't really come into my mind so thanks for that lateral thinking guys.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Lukeje said:
coldfrog said:
...he did the Quake soundtrack. It's the name of his band that contains the clue though.
Gya! Thanks so much! That was all I needed!

Thanks for the wonderful time puzzling... I love this stuff!

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
Whoah. Ok, I came a bit late to the party, but DAMN this was fun :)

Just spent the last seven hours and almost a full notepad doing these, but it was worth it!

Cheers Escapist!

Just hope I was in time to get the badge..... *quivery lip*

EDIT: WOO!