Tetris World Speed Record Broken

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
Eeeehhhhhh...
what just happened? I think i'm to slow for this, sry.
I watched that thing 4 times now, still can't fully comprehend it. Call me raceist, or biased by stereotypes or whatever, but those are crazy asian gaming/ reaction skills.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
My cojones shrivel in the face of such prowess. I'm not sure what possesses a person to practice enough to become that good at Tetris.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
O_O Dear lord! I use to play this game back in the day but only at normal human speeds. There is no way I could pull off such a feat without screwing up multiple times.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok that was pretty much insane to watch! Look like we got a human who can compete with a super computer!

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
What is it with Asians and spending all their time mastering completely trivial things? Anyway, it's very impressive.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
CriticalMiss said:
Is this 'Keroco' human or some sort of quantum computer designed for the sole purpose of sorting blocks and sent back in time to shame us mere mortals?

Plus this isn't technically Tetris so I'm not counting it :p Gotta have them Soviet tuneskis for it to be Tetris.
That's a slippery slope. If anything, many Tetris fans would argue that because it isn't called "Tetris" that it's likely to be a better Tetris than anything licensed to have "Tetris" in the title. See, The Tetris Company (the people who own the rights to the franchise) simply does not know what to do with their property. Every title they release is extremely neutered to the point where you can't do anything BUT play it casually, yet they keep trying to find new modes to try and make the game "harder". Meanwhile there are about a dozen Tetris clones that are Tetris in everything but name that give so many options for play. The fact that these games are just sitting there for TTC to basically just copy, yet we haven't seen a decent Tetris title come from them is just a testament to their failure.