Texas Trick Shot Pros Make the Craziest Video Ever

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011

They shot a football through a basketball hoop...from the top of a football stadium.

This videos gotten a lot of views in my local area (College Station) due to the baldish guy Johnny Manziel being the Texas A&M quarterback (or basically captain, for you Brits).

If by reasonable skepticism, you think this is all fake, do know that these guys have been doing this for years, and the video itself was reported by local news media.

Another warning, the guys in this video are sports fans from Texas. Prepare for some...weirdness. And bro-ness.

So, do you think this was faked? If so, how was it? If not, HOW AWESOME WAS THAT?!

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Not G. Ivingname said:
I bet there were a lot of missed shots edited out of the final take. Still, very impressive.
I do like to entertain the idea that they just showed up, tossed the ball nonchalantly, and made the shots through divine intervention.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
watch the making of of the trick ball shots in jackass 3.5
odds are they made a million attempts and edited out the failures but its still pretty impressive

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Johnny Manziel's crazily awesome

I would expect his trick shots to be just as crazy as he is

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Well, it is impressive, but remember that they're using a football, not a baseketball. Footballs are more aerodynamic and they are easier to hit a target with because you can give them a spin. If they had used a basketball, now THAT would have been REALLY impressive.

But still, it's not something I could have done, so congratulations to them.... I guess. It was a neat video.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Korolev said:
Well, it is impressive, but remember that they're using a football, not a baseketball. Footballs are more aerodynamic and they are easier to hit a target with because you can give them a spin. If they had used a basketball, now THAT would have been REALLY impressive.

But still, it's not something I could have done, so congratulations to them.... I guess. It was a neat video.
Watch the first shot again, that was with a basketball... and this is the 'Johnny Football Edition' after all.

And I can pretty much say it isn't faked (except with loads of misses and running/huffing back and forth edited out, presumably, along with excessive amounts of chest-bumping and pissing about), 'cos he's been doing these trick-shot vids for three years-ish... first one wasn't as impressive, but it's still quite fun.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Football? That's not football...

That's football. :p

Nice trick shots though. The kind of vids I can watch with my mouth slowly dropping open.