killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8459/crashoi.jpg

fixed a rare startup crash by making it no longer rare

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
It's not just TF2, it's all Source games.

Nice one Valve. However, I expect a patch will be out ASAP

Feb 13, 2008
killamanhunter said:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8459/crashoi.jpg

fixed a rare startup crash by making it no longer rare
Heh, yeah, we announced it to the TF2 group. You should see the official forums...it's like a very burny, flamy thing.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
According to Root, the newest update to Source broke all of their games, not just TF2.

That is unless you're talking about a completely different issue.

EDIT: Damnit, Ninja'd by the man himself...

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
They're using the Obsidian method of game-patching, I see.

Well, I can't run Team Fortress 2 anyway, so this doesn't affect me too much. It's strange to see Valve messing up like this though, I thought they were known for supporting their games well.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Hmm, I was wondering what was wrong. Ah well, it will probably be fixed by the time I'm next concious. Night.

Feb 13, 2008
lunncal said:
They're using the Obsidian method of game-patching, I see.

Well, I can't run Team Fortress 2 anyway, so this doesn't affect me too much. It's strange to see Valve messing up like this though, I thought they were known for supporting their games well.
There's gonna be an emergency patch coming as soon as they can get past the forums I'd guess. They're usually pretty quick to catch these things.

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
If I recall correctly, you can fix that by typing -dxlevel 8 in Advanced Run Options or whathever was this thin called. You will lose some of the graphical efects though...

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Game fixed now everyone, no need to get out the pitchforks anymore. Things is still cool.

SuperGauntlet

Jun 26, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Fucking Valve, home to the most overrated piece of shit engine ever to curse computers. The one outstanding thing about the Source engine is how well it runs on low end rigs - other than that, fuck the thing, either that or Valve just do a really shitty job with it. TF2 crashes on start up? Whatever, im more concerned about the fact that every game running on a Source engine will crash when you tab out/get tabbed out.
Run it windowed.

also, 0/10.

Incredibly obvious troll, not funny at all. Atleast make it somewhat convincing.