TF2 - Naming your gear.

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
I recently bought my Name Tag tool in TF2 and spent a good half hour deciding what to name my Uncharitable Knife. I eventually settled on "The Broken Butterfly". 2 reasons for that, mostly due to the Broken Butterfly in Resident Evil 4, and also due to the fact that the Spy's Knife is a Butterfly (Or Balisong) knife.

For the sake of discussion. Do you name your gear in TF2? If so, what's your favourite?

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
I named my Strange Gunslinger "Herbert, King of the Minisenties" as a sort of inside joke with someone else. Though for more serious naming I named two parts of my demoknight set. My Strange Eyelander is the "Skull Relocator" and my Loch and Load is the "Descooter" since it gets rid of those running monsters quick enough. I would name my shield too, but I never really got stuck on one name for it.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I named my Your Eternal Reward "Spy as me!" because I think it's hilarious how everyone says it. My Revolver is called "Plan B". Hilarious, but I hardly use the default anymore since I started using my full Saharan Spy set.

I want to name my Axetinguisher "M1 M2 Slot 3 M1", but I have no Name Tag. I've actually found around five hats since my last Tag drop.

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I named my Your Eternal Reward "Spy as me!" because I think it's hilarious how everyone says it. My Revolver is called "Plan B". Hilarious, but I hardly use the default anymore since I started using my full Saharan Spy set.

I want to name my Axetinguisher "M1 M2 Slot 3 M1", but I have no Name Tag. I've actually found around five hats since my last Tag drop.
There are men who would kill for luck like yours.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hm. My Standard-Grenade Launcher is named "Rowdy Roddy Piper".

But so far i only have had the one tag. (Got a few description tags, but i am too lazy to sit down for a few minutes to come up with a fitting description of stuff). The NAME is the important thing, though *g*.

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
My homewrecker's called "The Hammer of The Gods". It was either that, or Mjolnir. 'Cause, y'know, hammers.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
i called my spy-cicle a white tiberium spike, because i'm a c&c fanboy :)

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
I try to name my gear something that fits the class itself, or some kind of relatively obscure reference. Also, don't forget the description tags too.

Demoman(my favorite class :3)

Grenade Launcher - The Jager Bomber

Sticky Launcher - Scotsman's Thermobaric Annihilator:
"The reckless wrecking device of all things organic and/or mechanical."

Scottish Resistance - Scotsman's Salvo Launcher

Didn't rename my caber, but I did give it it's own description.

Ullapool Caber:
"What? I'm supposed to THROW it? Pfft!"

Spy

Dead Ringer - Rasputin's Pocket Watch

Ambassador - Bronson's Death Wish

Cloak and Dagger - The Ostentatious Obfuscator

Engineer
Shotgun - Buckshot apparatus

Wrench - Multi-purpose tightening device.

Southern Hospitality - An unsafe Portable Vice-Grip:
"Don't let OSHA see me using this."

I'm pretty sure I've named more gear, but it's been awhile since I played.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I haven't played nearly enough post-Sniper update TF2 to get a name-changer(if it's even possible to find it, I haven't a clue), let alone buy one, but one of my friends called his Eyelander "Horsecock Zweihander"... yeah.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I don't name my gear. I'll just give my nametags away to a regular on our server (Yeah, I don't really care about the in game "economy" either. Some people would pass out over the stuff I've given away).