TF2 pet peeves.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
Raregolddragon said:
Got a few but the main one is the fact that spys can back stab while clocked and have to wait till you fully de-clocked to attack.

Why can't work like when you masked, I stab them the clock drops that second and if I am masked at the time that drops to.

It takes to long to de-cloked!
That would kinda break the game. Spies are pretty powerful as is.

One Seven One

Feb 5, 2009
ta2ce said:
Oh i just remembered one! When you're a spy and theres an easy target, every time you de-cloak and about to backstab him, suddenly, HE TURNS AROUND! And I end up cutting him instead and getting owned in the process.
when you de-cloak you make a slight woosh noise, so that might be what's happening, try de-cloaking a pyro's flamethrower away.

the Tadman

Apr 15, 2009
gamekid171 said:
ta2ce said:
Oh i just remembered one! When you're a spy and theres an easy target, every time you de-cloak and about to backstab him, suddenly, HE TURNS AROUND! And I end up cutting him instead and getting owned in the process.
when you de-cloak you make a slight woosh noise, so that might be what's happening, try de-cloaking a pyro's flamethrower away.
Well duh, it's still annoying to the bone.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
ta2ce said:
And another one i just remembered! When theres a spy that's not doing so well some jerk goes and says "Spy's are for noobs!" He then switches to the class. Five minutes later, "Spy is so damn broken, damn it, Valve should fix it."
I have a friend who was this exact same way when it came to opinions like that. HE would think one thing was pointless/stupid/worthless, then I'd get around to using it, then he'd say it was awesome/broken/top tier and start using it to no end.

Sporadic chaos

Jul 21, 2009
Mostly its the long load times for me (PC version). That and 10 year olds who think they are better then everyone and mic-spam when they get killed.

EvilGenius666

Jul 20, 2009
Wow, there's a lot of Spy annoyances here...

Anyhoo, OT:
I personally have a huge problem with the Scout and particularly the Fail-A-Nature. Now, before the recent buff it was just plain annoying, but since it got that damage increase it has become infuriating to the point of ragequits. I really don't want to waste too much space explaining why I loathe the Scout so much here so I'll point you in the direction of a blog post [http://blog.wtfcountry.com/2009/06/why-i-hate-the-scout/#more-270] I made a while back explaining it. It was mainly written for the people in my community/clan/whatever to actually explain why I rage so much about it on the servers, so some of it will make no sense to anyone not in said community. However, it does explain in some detail the history of my loathing.

Also, some other weapons that I find rather annoying are the aimbotting Huntsman which headshots me at mid-range when I could clearly see the arrow heading a good few feet to the side of me, and the Heavy's miniguns which seem to possess the ability to shoot through walls and around corners.

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
team engies who put their buildings in horroble places. happend just this morning infact.

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008
Definately team Autobalance.

It doesn't always move the newest members of the team but the first person to die gets moved. So I spend all that effort pushing the cart, but now I have to stop it???

I disconnect from the server everytime that happens...

Shadow Tyrant

Jun 18, 2008
EvilGenius666 said:
I personally have a huge problem with the Scout and particularly the Fail-A-Nature. Now, before the recent buff it was just plain annoying, but since it got that damage increase it has become infuriating to the point of ragequits.
Every time I see a Scout with a FaN, if I'm anything besides a Heavy or Soldier, the only thing I think is "I might as well F10*"

It's even worse if he has a Sandman. Halved damage or not, I die every single time.

*I have F10 bound to "explode"

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Engies who build there turrets right next to mine.

Brilliant. You do know two turrets don't make a super turret right? It just makes at least one wasted turret. Now knock it down and stop stealing my kills.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Reserved slots, no I don't want to pay $5 a month to play on a server that might be full once per-day and be deserted for the rest of forever. I don't want to pay $5 a month for a server I only go on because there are no better ones, yet said server is overrun with mic-spammers and trash talking 14 year-olds with rubbish, schizophrenic admins who will let some people get away with murder while permabanning some guy for cursing once in chat. If that person isn't there than they don't deserve to keep out those who want to be.

Teams who have ludicrous amounts of a single class (usually snipers) and little to no medics and then flip out when they're losing.

Medics who DON'T DO THEIR JOBS! It is called medic for a reason, if you want to go all glory-hog and go battle medic at the expense of the people you're supposed to be healing than don't be a medic.

Annoying, sucky kids who try to be tactical leaders.

Rubbish medics who ignore everyone but their medic buddy, even if others are on fire next to them, they will not stop ubering that heavy.

FaN Scouts, that thing is so flipping annoying.

Class limits, I realize that they are a necessary evil, but when you have a crappy engie who builds all his buildings and never upgrades then I think someone who actually can play the class should have his spot.

The Huntsman, just the Huntsman, it annoys me how much damage that stupid thing does.

(just general complaint) Being on a killing spree only to be stopped by your mouse wigging out and then getting jumped by some engineer with a wrench.

Weirdos who treat the game like RL and flip out at losing and throughout the game whine about some issue that they have with the team.

(Been guilty of this) People who accuse people who play fair of hacking.

Stupid-ass teleporter placement (like entrance in the hay room in 2fort and exit a few feet away), no it is not useful for detecting spies, it's just stupid and annoying.

Having to be stuck in a crappy gimmick (low grav, high crits) server because your favorites are all filled.

ScruffyTheJanitor

Jul 17, 2009
The woes of a scout that hates pyros....
The woes of the engineer that when shooting a spy, it doesn't change it back...
The woes of the medic who heals the snipers on the balcny instead of you as heavy with 10 health left.
The woes of people who take up spy slots and use them to shoot attacking scouts with the mince revolver.

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
The way the designer crammed the game full of bad melee. That's the single worst element in the game, and since it's integral, it can't even be disabled like random crits can. I'd rate the game about 6/10 as is - just fixing the melee would take it straight to 7 if not 8.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Personally I hate when either there is only 1 medic, or occasionally no medics yet EVERYONE hammers the 'medic' button like on will just appear and heal them.

Or people who complain there aren't enough of a certain class but refuse to change themselves and try get someone else to do it.

Bad teleporter placement is irritating too, once on 2fort I teleported from outside the upstairs spawn room to...the opposite side of the room not more than 5 metres away...WHY!

Oh and noob spys who on a small game maybe 5 vs 5 max decide to disguise as a class your team has none of. Every time.

jibjab963

Sep 16, 2008
When I am in a scope as a sniper and a spy just backstabs me. >=0 I mean I can only see a tiny peace of area and with my face to the out side it is just a easy kill for them and then the pyro next to me just sits there laughing his ass off. I mean help me you dumb Pyro.

And lets not forget the idiots spys on my team who makes themselfs look like scouts even if they know they don't run as fast as a real scout.<- gives them away. Then they scream like a 8 year old when they die. Wondering how they could have known.