TF2 players, what class do you use the most?

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
i was talking with someone last night and he mentioned that he only uses two classes, Engineer and Sniper, when he plays. i looked at his stats, and something like 90% of his total playing time is in those two classes, with Spy and Heavy being the only other ones with more than 5 minutes.

personally, i use Sniper, Heavy, Medic, and Pyro the most, but i do cycle through classes in matches as needed. Sniper has the most time in it, but that because i don't die as often, so i don't switch out of it as much. plus, i enjoy it.

but what do you all use? what are your favorite classes? you favorite loadouts? the ones you hate?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Heavy is my tank that I primarily use when crossing open terrain. Pyro is from my close quarters combat.

I would love to use the sniper, but I suck at it. Engineer I used to use almost exclusively, but I grew bored with him. Always protecting the turrets from heavy/medic combos and those damn spys.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
The Heavy and the Pyro are the only ones i play consistantly because they're the only ones i seem to be good at, granted i havent put an enormous amount of time into the game but right off the bat i seemed to do pretty well with those two, while the rest of the classes i was terrible.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
My favorite class is medic:
Blutsauger
Medigun
Ubersaw
Bill's Hat (team paint named "Spetsnaz Beret")
Dr. Gogglestache
SpaceChem Pin
Meet the Medic taunt
Steampunk-ish kinda thing going on

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
The Scout and the Sniper. I like to get in the base quick plus the scout has the best melee weapon. If I keep getting kill I switch to the sniper because screw that.

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
Soldier to get the job done.
Pyro when I want to have some maniacal fun.

The others have 1/6 to 1/2 my pyro playtime.

Total playtime according to Steam: 378 hours

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I, like most people I think, cycle through the characters a lot, depending on what is needed. My favourite characters are... Oh I don't know, Engie and Soldier probably. I tend to do really well with Medic too. But yeah, I'll go whichever is needed, or whichever I feel like playing.

TallestGargoyle

Oct 31, 2011
I normally play as Heavy or Medic, but it depends on gametype. I play a LOT of Saxton Hale mode (A mod that pits an entire team against the man, the myth, the legend, Saxton and his fists, along with other guest characters) and on that I play across the whole selection, although still with Heavy, Medic and oddly Engi as my mains on that mode.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
I play engineer on defense mostly. For Offense I usually do either heavy or medic. But, I'll happily change if the situation calls for it. Like, if there's a sentry giving my team trouble I'll switch to demoman or spy to take care of it. If there's a spy wrecking my team, I'll switch to pyro and take care of it. But, those first three are the ones I use the most.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Hard choice between Engineer and Soldier. I like taking the fight to the enemy but it's so much easier to sit in a corner whacking away at a well placed choke-point Sentry watching the kills rack up.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I tend to play as Sniper, Soldier, Pyro and Heavy depending on my mood really. I'll switch to Medic if we need one or if we've already got one but he's an idiot who won't leave the Heavy for 2 seconds*. I wouldn't mind playing as Demoman a bit more often but to be honest I'm quite shite with that class.

*Played a Payload map one time with THREE Medics on our team and not one of them would heal anyone. The three of them just constantly kept their mediguns on the Heavy, even when there was someone right beside them screaming "MEDIC!!!" over and over.

First and only time I've ever used the word "noob" to describe another player in an online shooter.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
It's a pretty close split between Pyro and Engi, although lately I've taken a greater interest in the ways of burninating everyone.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
When I started I played a bit of all, now I focus on Soldier. Sometimes demoknight, Sniper, Heavy, Medic or Scout. When the team needs then Engi or Medic. It really depends on the mood or if there's a new weapon. (dat Machina<3)

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Engineer 212 hours
Spy 168 hours
Pyro 143 hours

Not counting beta.

Yes... 22 days worth.
The cat is back!

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Pubstomp a-clock heavy all the way. Scout if im bored and fancy running around like a madman. Sword demoman for the luls.

5v5 match making/clan demoman srs business setup wish i could play scout well enough but can never reliably pick off the pesky medic.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Spy and Medic mostly. I like feeling stealthy and helpful.
Sometimes Sniper or Pyro.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
it all depends on the situation really. if everything's running smoothly i'll pick engineer or sniper. if there's somebody camping, sniping or being an ass with a turret (usaully a combination of one these) i'll go with the spy. either that or i'll just go with the spy to screw around with the other teams heads. If there's a sniper causing a whole lot of trouble and the spy can't take of him out or if they're a cluster of people together i'll switch to scout and rush them.

i don't use any of the other classes that much