Thank You Blizzard

KwaggaDan

Feb 13, 2010
I know this isn't exactly a forum topic, but I just wanted to take a moment to thank Blizzard. I have yet to play a Blizzard game and feel disappointed. From Lost Vikings to Starcraft 2, every single game is a stand alone classic (including expansions like Brood War).

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
GamesB2 said:
I was disappointed in World of Warcraft...

Like majorly disappointed.
Thats just because MMORPGS are not for everyone, as that its the best.

KwaggaDan

Feb 13, 2010
I'll admit my internet has never been good enough to play WoW, so I'll amend the praise to exclude that. And honestly, even though Warcraft 3 is probably the worst game, in my opinion, Blizzard has made, I'll still play it over so many other RTSes...

As for the Activision thing I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
I was extremely disappointed in World of Warcraft. It was nothing but a quick and easy way to get money. The buildings are copy pasted, the characters are thrown together like you throw you're character together, the NPC communication is all text based (AKA, lazy), instead of making good game content, they made it a grind fest without any real plot or story structure with the illusion that a quickly put together world justifies the total lack of good game and fun. It's for keeping you playing, not for having fun. And while you play, they make money. That's what World of Warcraft is all about, not a sequel, a get rich quick scheme.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Pyre00 said:
Thanks for selling out to Activision.
A lot of people liked it and were looking forward to it. I don't see a lot of people complaining about it despite what you call a "Sell out." Besides, I'm sure a lot of fans wanted to see a sequel to the game either way.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Lonan said:
I was extremely disappointed in World of Warcraft. It was nothing but a quick and easy way to get money. The buildings are copy pasted, the characters are thrown together like you throw you're character together, the NPC communication is all text based (AKA, lazy), instead of making good game content, they made it a grind fest without any real plot or story structure with the illusion that a quickly put together world justifies the total lack of good game and fun. It's for keeping you playing, not for having fun. And while you play, they make money. That's what World of Warcraft is all about, not a sequel, a get rich quick scheme.
You just described an MMO, and since it's an MMO, I figure it's done rather well, compared to all the other MMOs out there. It's kinda pointless complaining about an MMO being like an MMO. Did I mention MMO?

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I do agree, they are one of the finer developers. Them, Bioware, and Valve... with a shout out to Bethesda.

Randvek

Jan 5, 2010
Vhite said:
WoW isn't the best, but Blizzard has a huge fanbase. Huge fanbases count for a lot in MMOs; there's always someone out there to group with.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Pyre00 said:
Thanks for selling out to Activision.
Wow, that's a Thy Light avatar right? Man his shit is amazing.

I totally disagree with your post, but I couldn't agree more with your music taste. (if I'm right.)

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Sorry, Blizzard did not sell out to Activision, dummies. They're both owned by Vivendi. Blizz and Activision are like brothers in the hierarchy.

Anyway, I agree that Blizzard makes good products, however, WC3 I didn't much like. It was ok but not my style. And then WoW I really, really loved for several years. And then they released Wrath of the Lich King and it became a pile of shit.

SC2 is fun tho can't wait to get home and play some more.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
KwaggaDan said:
I know this isn't exactly a forum topic, but I just wanted to take a moment to thank Blizzard. I have yet to play a Blizzard game and feel disappointed. From Lost Vikings to Starcraft 2, every single game is a stand alone classic (including expansions like Brood War).
Taking away WoW I agree.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Randvek said:
Vhite said:
WoW isn't the best, but Blizzard has a huge fanbase. Huge fanbases count for a lot in MMOs; there's always someone out there to group with.
Best, or at least most succesful in that kind of MMORPGs, because there are other kinds ,like I really liked D&D online but by that time I discovered it I was already sick of MMORPGs.

Agrael

Jul 16, 2009
Mad Stalin said:
Yep. Thanks for the pile of excrements that is Wrath of the Lich King. Thanks for ruining the Warcraft RTS franchise with WC3. Thanks for selling out to Activision. Thanks for taking 12 years to update SC graphics
Ruining it with WC3 ? What are you - [censored] ?

Starcraft 2 is about the story.. Jesus Christ man...

Starcraft 2 made my year. Definitely the game of the year (my opinion).

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Remember, if you truly love blizzard, you'll post your RL name and address in any and all forum posts.

Beyond that, the company is going downhill and going down hill fast. They're sustained by rampant fanboyism.. the kind of fanboyism that lets them get away with charging $60 for 1/3 of a game that is nothing but a graphic upgrade to a game they made over a decade ago.

Prime example of said fanboyism below:

Agrael said:
Mad Stalin said:
Yep. Thanks for the pile of excrements that is Wrath of the Lich King. Thanks for ruining the Warcraft RTS franchise with WC3. Thanks for selling out to Activision. Thanks for taking 12 years to update SC graphics
Ruining it with WC3 ? What are you - [censored] ?

Starcraft 2 is about the story.. Jesus Christ man...

Starcraft 2 made my year. Definitely the game of the year (my opinion).