Thank You Blizzard

Agrael

Jul 16, 2009
Sylveria said:
Remember, if you truly love blizzard, you'll post your RL name and address in any and all forum posts.

Beyond that, the company is going downhill and going down hill fast. They're sustained by rampant fanboyism.. the kind of fanboyism that lets them get away with charging $60 for 1/3 of a game that is nothing but a graphic upgrade to a game they made over a decade ago.

Prime example of said fanboyism below:

Agrael said:
Mad Stalin said:
Yep. Thanks for the pile of excrements that is Wrath of the Lich King. Thanks for ruining the Warcraft RTS franchise with WC3. Thanks for selling out to Activision. Thanks for taking 12 years to update SC graphics
Ruining it with WC3 ? What are you - [censored] ?

Starcraft 2 is about the story.. Jesus Christ man...

Starcraft 2 made my year. Definitely the game of the year (my opinion).
[/quote

You might be bitter.
I am not exactly a fan boy of anything, but I am telling ya - it's a great game.
Name things that are wrong with it .

(Oh yeah, side note - no bugs or crashes... trust me - I was surprised too)

Ascarus

Feb 5, 2010
Randvek said:
WoW isn't the best, but Blizzard has a huge fanbase. Huge fanbases count for a lot in MMOs; there's always someone out there to group with.
it is far and away the best MMO out there (even after, what is it, 5 years?) and much of that fan base you so loosely define was generated as a result of WoW, not just because it was a blizzard product.

i played it for 2.5 years and i have some pretty nostalgic moments i think about now and again from that play time.

Agrael

Jul 16, 2009
I think that World of Warcraft has a huge user base, because it is so user friendly - it works like a charm. The leveling up system is easy enough and it looks easy on the eye.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
thank you blizzard for keeping extreme cases of socially challenged people inside and out of my way of destruction.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
I'm always torn with Blizzards adherence to quality.

On one hand, they are reliable at pumping out mind-bendingly good games. Every one they make pretty much redefines the genre of the game.

On the other hand, their impossibly high standards left Starcraft: Ghost being canned as it was only 'really good' rather than 'cult classic'. Some of us were looking forward to playing that and didn't really care if it wasn't amazing!

TheBaron87

Jul 12, 2010
As someone whose favorite game out of thousands is the original Starcraft, I was loving SC2 right up until the end...

Metzen has completely lost it. I don't know what made him go all happy-ending on us, but this shit needs to cease. Now I'm wishing they never made SC2.

Reqviemus

Nov 18, 2009
I will not thank Blizzard. They've become little too greedy for me. Yeah, ok, no LAN option, that's a kick in the balls, as my friends and I do LAN parties a lot... but I get it. Battle.net, pirates and all that. Ok, let's have it your way.
Three different games for every race? Ok, that's little too much...but hey...I'll try the game anyway, just find a demo, to check, how my computer handles it and...
Oh, to play demo, I must get some code that is added to the full game.

I see.

Well, frak you Blizzard.

Probably I will play the fraking game, but I don't like you guys anymore.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I thank Blizzard for turning me into an over the top avid online gamer thanks to Warcraft 3 and Starcraft, they've never dissapointed and will people please stop whining over Activision just because it's popular to hate the company doesn't mean they make everything bad.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Fyi the campaign is massive. I mean, starcraft 1 rpg with all mission is like a 1/2 of this game. Then you have challenges which are some continuation for it. Also a ShitTON of achievements to unlock.

I just know im gonna throw more money at it even only after 2 days of starcraft 2 when more campaigns are unlocked. IT's just so good. There's a own campaign lobby where theres loads of interaction one can do and talk to people. Every rts campaign should have this spice.

Only drawback of the campaign is that there's so many rush missions, sure you can have some rush missions Blizz, but not every 2nd one -_- and not with achievements that you need to explore and destroy to boot. I feel sorry for the ones lacking of skill, atm playing hard playthrough.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
KwaggaDan said:
quiet_samurai said:
I do agree, they are one of the finer developers. Them, Bioware, and Valve... with a shout out to Bethesda.
Amen to that.
*starts the cathedral of kick ass game developers with shrines to St. Blizzard, St. Valve, St. Bioware, and St Bethesda*

Reqviemus

Nov 18, 2009
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
KwaggaDan said:
quiet_samurai said:
I do agree, they are one of the finer developers. Them, Bioware, and Valve... with a shout out to Bethesda.
Amen to that.
*starts the cathedral of kick ass game developers with shrines to St. Blizzard, St. Valve, St. Bioware, and St Bethesda*
Bethesda made the abomination that is Oblivion. It can be a fallen angel at most.
And, I said, that I don't like Blizzard, but, I agree, they are gaming gods. Well, nobody said, that gods must be nice.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
Reqviemus said:
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
KwaggaDan said:
quiet_samurai said:
Amen to that.
Bethesda made the abomination that is Oblivion. It can be a fallen angel at most.
And, I said, that I don't like Blizzard, but, I agree, they are gaming gods. Well, nobody said, that gods must be nice.
At times the gods giveth and at times the gods taketh away.

shit its affecting my speech >.<

Reqviemus

Nov 18, 2009
Oh yeah. Developers move in mysterious ways.
Bioware decided to make Dragon Age 2 less old school even though, this was the very reason why it was so popular with older gamers.
Blizzard thinks that restricting the demo for Starcraft is a good idea.
I, just a mere mortal, can not even start to grasp the divine plan behind such decisions.

Randvek

Jan 5, 2010
Ascarus said:
it is far and away the best MMO out there (even after, what is it, 5 years?) and much of that fan base you so loosely define was generated as a result of WoW, not just because it was a blizzard product.
WoW launched with more subscribers than most MMOs ever get in their lifetime, and probably had more than anybody has ever gotten a year in. Bear in mind that WoW a year in was a *terrible* MMO, and it's much, much better now. I'm not sure how you can say that was "earned." There are a lot of faithful people who have followed the company from WC2 to Diablo to SC and on and on. That's something most video game companies would kill for.

Pyre00

Mar 17, 2009
Xzi said:
Pyre00 said:
Thanks for selling out to Activision.
Blizzard had no choice in the matter of the merger, FYI. They're owned by Vivendi, who went ahead with the plans.
Either way, they suck now. Don't care if it was there fault or not.