Thanks Escapist

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I got home from work and found a package, I don't remember ordering anything ... and it rattles, honestly, I thought it was a bomb.

So I open it up, after all who would want to kill little old me!? Turns out it's a t shirt! I won the t shirt contest, YIPPIE! It's the gold imp on a chain one.

So to add a little discussion value to this brag, have you won anything? This is my first thing, ever!

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Really now? What a small world we live in.

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I really can't recall winning anything either, up until now.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I once won an Aero Easter Egg that had a giant bar of Mint Chocolate inside of it in a lottery. That was nealry 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure it's the only thing I've ever won. That and the love and respect of my friends and family. Awwwwwwwwww.....

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub] What a load of shit..[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Dalek Caan said:
I once won an Aero Easter Egg that had a giant bar of Mint Chocolate inside of it in a lottery. That was nealry 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure it's the only thing I've ever won. That and the love and respect of my friends and family. Awwwwwwwwww.....

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub] What a load of shit..[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Was that before or after you exterminated them?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
albino boo said:
Dalek Caan said:

Was that before or after you exterminated them?
Or...during?

"You're murdering me so well, honey. And I love how you dealt with your uncle Tom. Great job, my child!"

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Hey I got one of those too! What's it for? How amazingly smart and respectable I am? Well it's about damn time, Escapist!

Seriously though I vaguely remember entering a contest but I've completely forgotten about it and have no idea what it was for. I'm guessing a shirt:

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Silentpony said:
Hey I got one of those too! What's it for? How amazingly smart and respectable I am? Well it's about damn time, Escapist!

Seriously though I vaguely remember entering a contest but I've completely forgotten about it and have no idea what it was for. I'm guessing a shirt:
Was just a contest that was little more than "enter your shirt size and hope!".

To be a little cynical, it could be they just re-released the store, had a load of tees that they couldn't sell and didn't want to dump, so gave them away (I say this 'cos I tried to look for my shirt on the store and it wasn't there, same for the guy who posted a pic). Whether that is true or not doesn't matter to me, I appreciate it and like it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Congrats!

OT- Technically it was second place but woo! I did won a graphic card in second place, saving my cash when I was building my first pc! It did serve me well until recently which sadly I had to replace it but I still kept hold of it eventhought it's dusty.

Other than that I did win a box of Celebration (box of chocolate sweet) for being the closest to getting the exact number of the peas in the jar at High School. I was simply using my favourite number 147 and there were 152 peas inside it (don't ask me what 147 is my favorite numbers).

There also winning bingo at my math class which I took a ruler (it was a nice colour) and runner up for this Star Wars The Phantom Menace contest (draw a poster) which I just got a t shirt that was too large to me.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Evidently The Escapist loves me because this is the second contest of theirs that I have won (I got the black T-Shirt with the screen printed gold minion). I appreciate the effort and I understand why you want to make sure the greatest and sexiest and best poster in the entire known and unknown universe would stick around but I assure you that I will stay with or without the bribery.

The first thing here I won was a touch bigger...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.310972-Escape-from-Nightmare-Mansion-Win-an-XBOX-360-with-Kinect

As tribute to my free 360 (which has now been given to my brother as I now have a Xbox One), I keep my ax avatar in my "five badges".

Unfortunately outside of The Escapist, I evidently have minimal luck for I've never won anything worth writing about.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
When I was 10 years old I once won $2.50 from a scratch ticket that someone gave me.

I used my glorious windfall to buy a Phantom comic.

Does that count?

Karlmarcx

Dec 13, 2011
When the local sports channel started airing hockey games in HD, they held a contest where they gave away a set featuring a 42' plasma TV, an Xbox 360 (we're talking 2007, so it was relatively new) and a copy of NHL 08, on every game night for the first 20 games of the season.
Guess who got one of these jackpots?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well first off I would like to say this: there was a shirt contest?

And to answer the thread question, I have not won anything worthy of note (or at least that I can remember) in a very long time.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Zhukov said:
When I was 10 years old I once won $2.50 from a scratch ticket that someone gave me.

Does that count?
I'm in the same boat as you Zhukov :D
Except I bought a bag of Candy in stead of a comic :)

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Never was much of one for contests, beyond winning a few free sandwiches and milk shakes from those various fast food contests where you get peel off stickers on your drink.

I do live in Nevada though, so I've won through gambling a couple times, best I've ever done was walking away with $5,000 from a night of playing on the poker, roullette and craps tables with a group of friends for a bachelor party.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Holy Crap you too!?

Not that you can see the shirt very well...The thing is, I don't remember entering this contest. I don't remember anything about there being a T-Shirt contest AT ALL. I just randomly got a T-Shirt and lanyard in the mail. I can't really think of any contest I've won other than this one. It feels nice to win something after failing to win the billion-dollar powerball, the various Tell the Bell surveys I've done, etc etc...

Thanks Escapist!

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I won, too, and I remembered entering and figuring I wouldn't win.

I even got a zero puntuation shirt, which is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks escapist!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I got one too! :D

I completely forgot about that contest and I was a little confused about the reason for the new shirt and stuff. I have the same exact shirt as you too.

Not complaining since I now have a shiny new shirt and some cool stuff. :D

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Zhukov said:

Does that count?
I won a literary contest back in elementary school. I remember spending weeks working on a decent ninety-word text on the necessity of eco-responsibility in the classroom. I busted my ass off with my kiddie vocabulary of the time, because the first-place prize was an entry-level music system with a three-disc changer included. How so very nineties...

I won a dictionary for my efforts. A freaking dictionary. Yay.

So yes, it counts. I bet you loved that comic. I didn't use that dictionary at all. Ever. Not even once.

May 28, 2015
omega 616 said:
I got home from work and found a package, I don't remember ordering anything ...
Haha! Same here. I got a light blue imp T-shirt.

Thanks a lot!