That Famous Person That You'll Always Remember Meeting

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
I met God once.
We went on a camping trip.
I later found out that I was tripping, but I'll never forget how God saved me from the cult in... eh... I forgot.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I totally met Jim Varney (Ernest from those Ernest movies) when I was a little kid. First famous person I ever met. He always stands out when I remember celebrities I've met.

I've met tons since then, but he always is the one I remember.

[small]you never forget your first[/small]

nifedj

Nov 12, 2009
I met the Queen (of the United Kingdom) when I was 11 for hilariously petty reasons. I even got an anecdote about the Duke of Edinburgh's craziness :D

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
katsumoto03 said:
Gus Sorola. He's amazingly awesome in person.
Lucky, im hoping to meet him at this years comic con.

OT: I met Adam Pascal for a minute after a showing of RENT

Best minute ever

Robert Drapp

Dec 21, 2010
Nolan Ryan. I met him and had him sign a baseball card. He actually said "I've never seen one like this before." "I know," I replied "I got it at Whattaburger."

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I stalked met Graham Stark, Kathleen DeVere, Lord Kat and The Spoony One at PaxEast this year.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
I met the cast of Gullah Gullah island at my church before. I remember asking them were Binyah Binyah was (I was like five or six at the time).

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
Mike Murphy-Hockey goalie for the Charlotte Checkers. Cool guy, but didn't get a pic with him cuz an employee said that we were in a fire hazard area. My question: What hazard? We were standing on concrete.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
One time, I was at a water slide park and I recognized the guy in front me as 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin of WWE fame from some other kid's tshirt. I asked him if he was Stone Cold, and he said yes.

I never expected to a meet an American WWE wrestler in a medium sized water slide park in Southern Ontario.....

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Not really into celebrities, but it was pretty awesome running into Quentin Tarantino in a russian bar in Berlin, just drinking a beer at the bar. Talked about 10 minutes, though as you imagine it was him doing all the talking. He appeared even more enthusiastic than me, all wound up about future projects, while he was in Berlin for Death Proof.
When we went we saw a big black car waiting outside with a skull on it's hood and a lady chauffeur.. Pretty cool.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I've met Rick Astley.
And might get to meet Edgar Wright at the end of the month! :3

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
I once had my post quoted and replied to by Bruce Campbell on his official website. I cried in joy for an hour and a half. The man is my idol.

I'd love to meet him in person, but I'm pretty sure my heart would explode.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'm way to anti-social to have ever met a famous person...and there is isn't a famous person yet that I'd care to have a conversation with.

SCAFC Chimp

Jan 6, 2010
philzibit said:
I met the wrestler Chris Jericho. He was a pretty cool guy.
You met Y2J!? The Lionheart?! The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla?!? That must've been amazing... *daydreams*
OT: Not a big deal for everyone else, but as a Swansea fan, meeting two of our players was a great experience

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
Shook hands and held brief (two or three sentence) conversations with Bryan O'Malley and Warren Ellis, but those were both at Cons.

I have met, shaken hands and held lengthy conversations with many musicians who, while not famous per se, I hold in high regard. The most vivid of these in my mind would be Steve Beresford, Peter Brötzmann, Chris Corsano and Yoshihide Otomo.