That game is cheating!

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Many older JRPGs did this, the turn-based ones, you could only set up your commands for your party ahead of the round, but enemies could often react to what you did.

Such as for example if you had 4 characters and you told all 4 to attack, and they all went before the enemy did, the round would play out, all that damage would go to the enemy, then instead of attacking you like it would if it set up it's moves before, it would check it's health and heal itself. Very frustrating that.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Black Mesa Source, I absolutely love the game but the marines are absolute bullshit. They have laser eye accuracy and their SMGs do phenomenal amounts of damage at any range while the one you pick up off of them may as well be shooting dust at them in return. I know a lot of FPS games do this to some degree with the accuracy of their AI enemies but the Black Mesa Marines are the only ones that I've ever gotten properly angry at.

Also, Vermintide, the Skaven sometimes have broken animations that let them teleport across rooftops instead of jumping or vanish and reappear behind you. And on Cataclysm that one rat behind you will take off 1/4 of your health bar in a single hit. They also love to hit you through walls, ceilings, floors, etc which is compounded by trying to ascend a flight of stairs while blocking being somehow beyond the confines of the game engine, resulting in you getting stuck on random steps.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Noticing it a lot in Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void on Hard Mode, but really any RTS ever, where enemy resource nodes are just for show. Sometimes the training buildings too, since you can destroy them and still get run over by armies spawning from nowhere.

Only time I've seen destroying the enemy base make a difference in regards to the number of units coming at you was back in the Frozen Throne campaigns, specifically the 2nd Night Elf mission. Once you took down the single Naga base (not easy), you then had all the time and resources in the world to build up an army to take down the powerful elites guarding the objective. Even if you tried and failed they would never attack your base.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Currently playing Final Fantasy V. Seems to be a good deal of cheating in that game.

For example, the boss ArcheoAvis, a sort of flying dinosaur thing which changes its weaknesses and resistances several times throughout the fight. I cast Libra (which is like Scan), and the game tells me it currently has "no weakness", without mention of resistance... only for the bloody dino to absorb the Fira I cast on it and heal itself (keep in mind, it changes these frequently-- only last round, Fira damaged it). Would have been useful information for a scanning spell to tell me.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Any time a game glitches or fails in the internal consistancy of its own physics and reactions is one of these. Also, when the computer player is essentially scripted to perform a feat and succeed automatically at something I have to be good at. Basically? That is the very definition of The Computer Is A Cheating Bastard.

Terry Diamantis

Oct 21, 2010
Pokemon cheats by basing it's move on whatever move you select even when it breaks its own rules to do so. The example that always stood out is the mean look (no switching pokemon)and perish song (both pokemon die in 3 turns unless they switch) combo.

When the computer does it to you, it's a guaranteed death for your pokemon since you can't switch out while mean look is active. When you try to do it to the computer, it will always switch out on the same turn you do even though mean look should stop that from happening.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Any racing game that has rubber banding. I also thought Mario Kart's A.I was brutal until I played online and I saw someone with a star so I Pulled over to the side and the person intentionally went out of there way to run me over.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
WhiteFangofWar said:
Noticing it a lot in Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void on Hard Mode, but really any RTS ever, where enemy resource nodes are just for show. Sometimes the training buildings too, since you can destroy them and still get run over by armies spawning from nowhere.

Only time I've seen destroying the enemy base make a difference in regards to the number of units coming at you was back in the Frozen Throne campaigns, specifically the 2nd Night Elf mission. Once you took down the single Naga base (not easy), you then had all the time and resources in the world to build up an army to take down the powerful elites guarding the objective. Even if you tried and failed they would never attack your base.
That profile pic is Amazing.